Alice Evans & Ioan Gruffudd #248 Let them eat La Mer!!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
to settle is always sensible. it costs less and it prevents more intimate details to come out: Alice because more abuse would be revealed about her that impacts any attempt at getting some job, Ioan because more lies would come out that could damage his career (and also a long court case overshadows your career at some point regardless), the children (particulary Ella) because more of the abuse they did on Ioan would come out. I also think Ioan feared that Alice would put them through the trauma of being on the stand like she recklessly did last year. And I also think he has realized that nothing will change if he keeps fighting but rather things will get worse because Alice will act out worse. Also in custody court decisions are always bad because they randomly decide something that usually suits neither party. I obviously dont know their settlement, how much each party got what they want, which compromises were made, which deals were agreed etc. but I simply cant imagine that Alice suddenly decided he is fine to be a father again, it will likely be Ioan deciding that its time to let them deal with their mess on their own. I hope he didnt give them too much money. he clearly had leverage in that regard. And it would be a parental failure from his side to reward them for blackmail/abuse.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
to settle is always sensible. it costs less and it prevents more intimate details to come out: Alice because more abuse would be revealed about her that impacts any attempt at getting some job, Ioan because more lies would come out that could damage his career (and also a long court case overshadows your career at some point regardless), the children (particulary Ella) because more of the abuse they did on Ioan would come out. I also think Ioan feared that Alice would put them through the trauma of being on the stand like she recklessly did last year. And I also think he has realized that nothing will change if he keeps fighting but rather things will get worse because Alice will act out worse. Also in custody court decisions are always bad because they randomly decide something that usually suits neither party. I obviously dont know their settlement, how much each party got what they want, which compromises were made, which deals were agreed etc. but I simply cant imagine that Alice suddenly decided he is fine to be a father again, it will likely be Ioan deciding that its time to let them deal with their mess on their own. I hope he didnt give them too much money. he clearly had leverage in that regard. And it would be a parental failure from his side to reward them for blackmail/abuse.
One of my favorite sayings is it takes two hands to clap. Alice was only able to continue her financial abuse of him (i.e. making him spend all his money on legal fees) because he continued to fight her. Giving up the fight stops her abusing him financially.and she would have continued to do that for as long as he continued the fight. I'm glad he's stopped engaging with her because she loves nothing more than a fight. By disengaging from the fight for the kids he's taken all her power away.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
it prevents more intimate details to come out: Alice because more abuse would be revealed about her that impacts any attempt at getting some job
Agree except for this bit above. The custody documents would be sealed so we wouldn't know anyway. Alice is getting work despite the DVRO as very few people know or care about it. IG always wanted to settle and maybe after the disappointment of the Dupee report he wanted discovery to happen to use as leverage for a settlement.

The key stumbling block was AFE's wanting to drag this out as long as possible, like she said she would do. It was a form of financial and emotional abuse as she knew IG wanted this wrapped up. But I guess even she had enough at this stage and JJ might have told her to stop messing about for good measure. She brought things to the brink of a hearing though and then buckled, as always.

The moral of the story is: Don't marry crazy.

Reactions: 36
I think other than Alice’s flying monkeys no one who takes her side actually thinks about it that deeply. Tom Cruise doesn’t see Suri but that doesn’t seem to affect his career in the slightest. There must be tons of other examples like that.

I suspect something will flair up when the DVRO is over and then there will be a permanent one but other than that Alice will fade into obscurity.

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.