Ali express

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone bought anything and if so, was it alright?
I'm considering buying some mini ugg style boots but really unsure whether the website is legit and safe etc.
Any feedback from anyone who's ordered before welcome....

Reactions: 1
I honestly wouldn’t order from them myself.0 My sister’s orders have always been hit and miss and poor quality. She usually just ordered small things like earrings + bracelets.

Things take ages to arrive and one item got lost in the post. No tracking at all.

M&S and a lot of other places do fake uggs

Reactions: 2
I have bought a lot from AliEx, mainly watches, watch straps, tools, it's pretty good for them & certain electrical items.
If you plan on buying footwear or clothing though, not sure I would, it's always better to look at a shoe instore, try it on.
Also the Asian sizing will be way out, smaller.
A few tips though, always check the Shop/Store's % feedback rating, always look for plenty of customer reviews/photos of the product, download the AliEx App it is easier to use than the website & yes it is safe.

AliX is not a shop as such, it's kind of like amz in that loads of (chinese) manufacturers sell through it, I think it was mainly a wholesaler until more recently. So you're going to get very variable results, both in quality and in shipping times, possible fakes/copies like all those fb ads. On the other hand, all the stuff you normally buy that's made in china- going to be the same, so just do a bit of research with a suspicious mind lol and should be fine. Don't expect returns to be worth the bother though.

I've bought various things over the years and have never had a problem. One year, there was a snowstorm that meant my parcel was delayed but I received emails every day with a status update. Usually things only take a week to reach me in NZ, which is amazing service.

Reactions: 3
I've bought various things over the years and have never had a problem. One year, there was a snowstorm that meant my parcel was delayed but I received emails every day with a status update. Usually things only take a week to reach me in NZ, which is amazing service.
I think the timescales depend on a couple of things- small items might go by air, but a lot is shipped and then it's more than 13000 miles to uk (6200 to nz). The cheapest shipping option is "standby" where items are deprioritised and loaded whenever there is spare capacity so you might get your item in 10 days, or in 6 weeks.
Assuming no-one has blocked the Suez again!

I think the timescales depend on a couple of things- small items might go by air, but a lot is shipped and then it's more than 13000 miles to uk (6200 to nz). The cheapest shipping option is "standby" where items are deprioritised and loaded whenever there is spare capacity so you might get your item in 10 days, or in 6 weeks.
Assuming no-one has blocked the Suez again!
Totally agree.
Some of my buys were with the 15-day delivery that some sellers offer, quickest I received a watch was 10 days.
I found that really cheap items were on the 'slowboat from China' & could easily take a month to arrive.
I remember buying a football jersey for my nephew from DHGate, 1 month went by, nothing so I was able to get a refund.
The shirt turned up 10 months later 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Take it with a pinch of salt. I’ve ordered some stuff and it’s been great. Other times, what has turned up has been utter tit! Check out the reviews before you order and expect a long wait!

I don’t like it personally. The simple plastic things that I purchased look fine but they have a noxious smell. I had to throw away one piece because it smelled so bad. The platform doesn’t seem too bothered about the buyer’s experience. They just take your money.

I ordered a knock off Starbucks cup and its held up better than my genuine Starbucks cup. Took an absolute age to arrive.
Not sure about uggs, or clothing in general, try and read reviews as sizing could be tricky.

I've had heels and they have been great quality and beautiful designs. I even won a free pair! Be careful at checkout as our lovely UK government have added tax so I always cross check with eBay and Amazon as most of the good sellers are selling cheaper on there. For dupes you need to be creative with your search results as they are a play on words. It's a bit like Shein but much bigger and more variety, slower delivery and no fancy packaging 🤣