Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CausticYoda

I'd love to know why she insists on doing this...
1714151786265.png

It adds nothing, she never speaks, just mouth breathes a bit. Nobody needs to know what an outfit looks like in movement from that angle, it's so fucking POINTLESS. Also, that fucking outfit and the picture of her facing the other way on her stories, WHYYYYYYYYYYY?

I actively avoid anything she might include on her edit now. I've gone off ARKET, bobbin anything, striped anything, twee fucking trays and baskets, Tiger, Dunelm. I mean, indirectly I'm sure she's saving me money, so it's ironic she's dumped the Frugality moniker. Did anyone notice she gave away boxes of her matches on the place settings at the Specsavers meal? Thought they'd sold out like hot cakes, Alex :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Remember when the BBC had an era of doing shows about wayward teens? They’d either send them to some sort of US boot camp, or families in developing nations, or to work everyday jobs? Wouldn’t it be great if they did this for influencers. Not that I’d wish the pair on anyone in the developing world tbf but watching them put in a shift anywhere would be subscribe-able material.

• Haha
Reactions: 17

jazzmonster

Chatty Member
Will they just plonk a lot of mismatched furniture on it, surrounded by Tiger pots with dead plants in it?

• Haha
Reactions: 15

MeWithTheHair

Imagine fucking up your own garden (a prized possession for most London families) so bad that you wait 4 years to rent some additional green space to try and grow on

• Haha
Reactions: 12

AllTheGinJoints

VIP Member
An allotment! They’ve only gone and got a bloody allotment 🤣 Apparently it’ll help with Alex’s perfectionism. News to me that she’s a perfectionist. How does she excuse to fanny eating leopard trews then??

• Haha
Reactions: 11

AllTheGinJoints

VIP Member
I’m dying at “ultimate white tee try on”.
---
And “unapologetically” trying on glasses frames. Who would feel they had to apologise for that?

• Haha
Reactions: 11

jazzmonster

Chatty Member
Just watched that cringe reel. The professional fashionista didn’t cut the stitch of the slit at the back of the pink jacket. (You know, the one that’s in there to stop it from creasing in transit and you’re supposed to remove as soon as you bought it.)

I always find it awkward to see people walking around with that stitch still in their coats and jackets, but for someone who works in fashion and pretends to be some industry veteran it’s just embarrassing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10

Libertine

VIP Member
I thought she was a pretty attractive woman before her children. However children REALLY age you, I don’t know anyone (including myself) who didn’t look visibly aged after mat leave, so I don’t know if this comment is fair.
Further to this, she lost a pregnancy that I think was twins. Nothing, but nothing, will age a person faster than stillbirth.

• Sad
I’m sorry to come on and choose war but if you transposed the last two face pics out of a F&B hun Victorian property into a fabloned council kitchen no one would be interested, and they’d be actively calling her a greasy grot bag. She looks filthy but it’s ok because she’s dressed her rat den with the “right” (chic?!) accessories? The world has gone mad, I can’t with the unshowered vibes atm

• Haha
She says the suit was only loaned so perhaps that’s why. Maybe Jigsaw discovered her Vinted account and didn’t want to give her a freebie only for it to be flogged for £££!
Funnily after reading your comment I went onto TikTok & saw an influencer who’d been gifted some sezane items and they’d embroidered it all with her name! I know it’s to promote their personalisation service to us plebs (which in turn conveniently limits the resale market) but I can’t help but wonder if it’s also to prevent influencers selling stuff on….

• Haha

AutumnDays

Chatty Member
Good luck to the influencers who are using Substack and providing extra content for paid subscribers but I certainly won’t be subscribing. I can’t see many influencers having a large number of paid subscribers but I guess even if an influencer just gets 100 people subscribing for a year, that’s £500 a month gross which is a nice addition to have. I’m wondering how long it will be before they run out of steam providing extra content for paid subscribers ? Because really, few have anything really interesting to say and they will still need to provide free content to get the numbers clicking on their affiliate links. (Actually, I have considered subscribing to Lisa Dawson because she does write good, interesting interiors blog posts).

No matter what Alex writes, it’s all very un-inspiring from her dreary city guides which are mostly about eating cheap pizza, her gallery guide was basic, her five days of jeans was uninspiring - she did what we all do over and over - grab a pair of jeans and stick a top on with them though she added dressier shoes which is a look from past years and dated now. Her interiors consist of cheap random bits and adding more clutter to her house, nothing creative or interesting.

It‘s the same with a lot of influencers setting themselves up as fashion, interiors or skincare gurus which is fine when they are not charging for their ramblings but earn income from affiliate links - once they start charging for content, they have to up their game and you’d wonder how long before the paid subscribers will drop off. It’s easy to subscribe to few but ofter a while will subscribers cancel, cancel as they realise they’ve signed up to yet another subscription that doesn’t deliver.

uberoblique

Chatty Member
The weird bit about Alex is that if she was just authentic and real about what she does/spends rather than choosing fucking weird hills to die on, she’d do so much better out of being an influencer.

Instead she kind of cosplays at being what she imagines a cool grownup is like 🤷‍♀️

chinwag72

The majority of ‘spring inspiration’ photos were taken a number of years ago. She says she didn’t tag the outfits because a lot of them are old 🙄 Did she think she’d get away with readers admiring her younger self and not query the brands? Lazy content.

This year she’s learning to be less hard on herself and hopes we are too?

That'll be a no 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha