Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tinkerbell cat

VIP Member
Guys, I use Revolution matte base concealer .. Shade C4. It was about £4 in superdrug! I honestly swear by it and i have used many!!

Reactions: 1

Base2019

VIP Member
Thank you! So helpful. What under eye cream would you recommend if any? Xx
You’re welcome 😘 I use an eye cream by image skincare, it’s the vital c one. It is amazing, so hydrating and very good for puffiness!!! Couldn’t be without it. It is pricey if you don’t normally use an eye cream but it’s soooo good. Think it’s around £46 or so. Can get it from Thérapie. Hope you have fun shopping for your new bits 😘 xxxx

• Heart

BegDavis

How have you found the concealer brush? I use a sponge currently and have used my fingers in the past but just don’t think it makes a difference to the lines. Just waiting for it to arrive!
I love it, I bought the morph under eye one which works perfectly. I found the sponge soaked up too much and I tend to drag the concealer or foundation across with the sponge 🙈!

YellowLadybird

Chatty Member
Thank you for this! I was never sure whether to set with powder as I didn’t know if it would make it look congealed in that area? X
Depends on your skin type. I have very dry skin and don't use ANY powder or drying stuff on my skin, just a setting spray to hold it all in. But there are oily people out there who couldn't live without powder.

What is your colouring? It makes a huge difference to correcting depending.

bobthedragqueen

Thank you for your replies guys! I’ve never used a corrector before and honestly haven’t heard of it which probably makes me sound silly! I’ll definitely try it x

bobthedragqueen

Apply your concealer in an upside down triangle under your eye not just a line along the dark circle. Use primer, then foundation, then concealer, then set with powder.
Thank you for this! I was never sure whether to set with powder as I didn’t know if it would make it look congealed in that area? X

bobthedragqueen

Depends on your skin type. I have very dry skin and don't use ANY powder or drying stuff on my skin, just a setting spray to hold it all in. But there are oily people out there who couldn't live without powder.

What is your colouring? It makes a huge difference to correcting depending.
Again, thank so much everyone!

In response to your question, my colouring is medium to fair I would say. I use NW22 foundation from Mac if that helps at all.

BettyCrocker

VIP Member
Apply your concealer in an upside down triangle under your eye not just a line along the dark circle. Use primer, then foundation, then concealer, then set with powder.

bobthedragqueen

IT cosmetics bye bye under eye is life changing-
Plus no wrinkle lines. The tube lasts for ages too, a little goes a long way! Also a fan of the Nars concealers. I’ve started using a concealer brush to blend with my under eye make up.
How have you found the concealer brush? I use a sponge currently and have used my fingers in the past but just don’t think it makes a difference to the lines. Just waiting for it to arrive!

bobthedragqueen

Hello my darlings,

Looking for advice on concealers please. For as long as I can remember I have had dark circles and I have tried many different concealers to try and keep them at bay with no luck! Currently using MAC and am having not much success but have ordered a concealer brush to try that instead of a sponge.

Does anyone have any recommendations or advice on how to apply it?

Recommendations for other makeup bits welcome, too! X

Bae56

Another one here for Bye Bye Undereye. I have terrible dark circles. I've tried everything & find most concealers drying. Bye Bye undereye is hydrating and the coverage is the best. The smoothing brush makes it glide on. I got a darker one for my nose, makeup never stays on there.

Kitty4321

Good skin care helps I make sure nice and hydrated before doing the make up - then primer I use a smash box one currently.
Fav concealers under the eye is by iconic not the cheapest but really good. I apply with a flat brush ( peaches and cream - very reasonably priced & can search by different sections on the brushes)
I then use a sponge and put on fenty beauty in banana I think the colour is called and leave the powder on while at least a min but more like 5 while I contour the rest of my face
Then slowly starting from the outer edge brush off / in with a medium fluffy brush - key is to take your time. I do like my eyes a little brighter underneath but not mad different like you see on the insta models! The fenty powder doesn’t give bad flash back or anything

Always finish the face with urban decay all nighter - does not shift! Iv been out partying / raving for like over a day (don’t judge 🤣) and it’s still stayed on perfect 👌🏻 xxx

YellowLadybird

Chatty Member
Again, thank so much everyone!

In response to your question, my colouring is medium to fair I would say. I use NW22 foundation from Mac if that helps at all.
You can probably use the same products as me then. Just wanted to make sure you didn't have dark skin, or you'd look awful! I use these from Revlon, then CC cream, then a tiny bit of concealer on the outer side of my eyes, which doubles as highlight whilst covering the big vein I have there. What other products do you use? It's all about layering things that go with each other, as well as your skin.

bobthedragqueen

You can probably use the same products as me then. Just wanted to make sure you didn't have dark skin, or you'd look awful! I use these from Revlon, then CC cream, then a tiny bit of concealer on the outer side of my eyes, which doubles as highlight whilst covering the big vein I have there. What other products do you use? It's all about layering things that go with each other, as well as your skin.
So I use a nivea bb cream with a tint as a base. Mac foundation and concealer in a similar shade - I have a concealer cream in a pot and the liquid version - both Mac. Then I have collection bronzer and eyeliner. I also use a matte face powder to cement it all down 😂 it’s quite a lot of layers so I’m probably worried about looking too cakey. All advice welcome!