Advice on partner commenting on girls posts

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Right my ex used to comment & chat to his friends crossing the line but said to me “their just friends” eventually in the end I’d catch him out saying things he shouldn’t. Now I’m with someone else and been together 4 months he’s honest etc but quite jealous of me talking to men. He commented on his female friends post (she’s just been diagnosed with an autoimmune disease) she was dressed up having a good day & he commented “looking beautiful mate” I found that was a bit extreme but was it wrong or am I being unreasonable due to insecurities from my last relationship? He’s not messaged her directly or anything since last May when he was single. Would just like other’s opinion as don’t have many friends I can talk to about it. My point was say looking good or just like the pic why did he say looking beautiful 🤷🏻‍♀️ I told him I wasn’t comfortable with it and just got the same lines my ex said “she’s just a friend” I’ll delete the app” 🤦🏻‍♀️

Right my ex used to comment & chat to his friends crossing the line but said to me “their just friends” eventually in the end I’d catch him out saying things he shouldn’t. Now I’m with someone else and been together 4 months he’s honest etc but quite jealous of me talking to men. He commented on his female friends post (she’s just been diagnosed with an autoimmune disease) she was dressed up having a good day & he commented “looking beautiful mate” I found that was a bit extreme but was it wrong or am I being unreasonable due to insecurities from my last relationship? He’s not messaged her directly or anything since last May when he was single. Would just like other’s opinion as don’t have many friends I can talk to about it. My point was say looking good or just like the pic why did he say looking beautiful 🤷🏻‍♀️ I told him I wasn’t comfortable with it and just got the same lines my ex said “she’s just a friend” I’ll delete the app” 🤦🏻‍♀️
If he doesn't allow you to comment on men's pictures but feels free to comment on women's himself, then you do have a power imbalance in your relationship. Banning you from talking to people is controlling behaviour.

The message he sent to the auto immune girl is not concerning to me. He said it publicly, where anyone can see, if he has something to hide, they would be in PMs. He also called her mate which diffuses any doubt about it being purely platonic.

If he knows it is making you jealous, ask him how he would feel if it was the other way around.

Reactions: 7