Advice around Breast Augmentation

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just looking for some advice from those of you who've had a breast augmentation. I have a consultation next month with a view to getting surgery in around February/March next year - I'm wanting to go for only a small implant and over the muscle as I'm looking for volume and shape rather than a massive size increase.

I've chosen to go with a company who my friend had hers done with last year as she had a really good experience and I know they are trustworthy. The issue I'm having is that although my consultation is in Leeds which is 1 hour away from me, the surgery will be in London. My friend has said she will travel with me and we will stay in a hotel for at least the first couple of days, but that will still mean a 2.5 hour train ride on day 3 or 4 and I'm not sure how feasible that would be?

I know everyone is different - my friend seemed to really struggle with her recovery but I'm not sure if that was due to her never having any sort of surgery before and also having much larger implants and smaller breasts to start with. I've had several surgeries and have usually coped well with general anaesthetic and post-op pain but have obviously never had anything like this before. I noted that they only advise against driving for a week which really surprised me

I also need to take annual leave rather than sick leave with it cosmetic procedure - I'd planned for a week but not sure if this will really be long enough? It would be ten days after surgery including weekends that I'd be due back. I can still work from home at the moment with my laptop on my knee so won't involve raising my arms or anything like that

Any advice would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Reactions: 1
Is the consultation non- obligatory?

They should be able to answer these questions for you at the consultation.

( no experience of breast augmentation myself)

Is the consultation non- obligatory?

They should be able to answer these questions for you at the consultation.

( no experience of breast augmentation myself)
Thanks

Yes it's a free consultation with no commitment - I will ask them but would also be good to hear other's own experience

I had a breast augmentation and uplift done like 10 years ago. I got teardrop implants placed under the muscle and went from a C (vvvv saggy and empty) to a DD. I stayed in hospital for 2 days after and by the time I left I was completely fine, I was back to work a week later. However I have heard that other people don’t recover so quickly. Mine are so natural looking I’ve had ex’s who had no idea I had them done, but 10 years on they are starting to sag again and I want the implants replaced so I’m getting them re done next year some time. Good luck, I’m so happy I bit the bullet and got them done!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Just looking for some advice from those of you who've had a breast augmentation. I have a consultation next month with a view to getting surgery in around February/March next year - I'm wanting to go for only a small implant and over the muscle as I'm looking for volume and shape rather than a massive size increase.

I've chosen to go with a company who my friend had hers done with last year as she had a really good experience and I know they are trustworthy. The issue I'm having is that although my consultation is in Leeds which is 1 hour away from me, the surgery will be in London. My friend has said she will travel with me and we will stay in a hotel for at least the first couple of days, but that will still mean a 2.5 hour train ride on day 3 or 4 and I'm not sure how feasible that would be?

I know everyone is different - my friend seemed to really struggle with her recovery but I'm not sure if that was due to her never having any sort of surgery before and also having much larger implants and smaller breasts to start with. I've had several surgeries and have usually coped well with general anaesthetic and post-op pain but have obviously never had anything like this before. I noted that they only advise against driving for a week which really surprised me

I also need to take annual leave rather than sick leave with it cosmetic procedure - I'd planned for a week but not sure if this will really be long enough? It would be ten days after surgery including weekends that I'd be due back. I can still work from home at the moment with my laptop on my knee so won't involve raising my arms or anything like that

Any advice would be greatly appreciated - thanks
I have moderate 385cc under the muscle, I was prettified of having big round fake looking boobs and everyone told me to take the bigger implant I was offered, I took the smallest you get offered 2 sizes normally. I was disappointed with mine and knew straight away I should of gone bigger, it’s a lot of money to spend and be disappointed. I’m getting them done again next year and will be going bigger. I had 2 weeks off and was fine after a week, I was a pain not being able to look after myself the first week, they tell you not to get the bandage and support bra wet, had to get my hair washed and they don’t let you leave the hospital till you’ve had a wee.

• Heart
I had mine done around 7 years ago, I took a week off work and I did struggle a bit with moving around as I couldn’t lift my arms so I needed to stay with my parents while my partner was working to have someone to help me get out of bed etc but after a week I felt not too bad.

• Heart
I’ve had mine done about 13 years ago and they are still fine but I probably will get them redone at some point.

My main advice would be to make sure you choose a plastic surgeon and not a ‘cosmetic surgeon’ as the latter aren’t really qualified, and many of them don’t even work in the UK full time.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’ve had mine done twice. I had two weeks off both times - the first week I was confined to the sofa having my boyfriend help me do everything, second week I was still sore but able to start getting back to normal.

With the train journey back I’m not sure I’d have been up to that after 3 days. It’s a very intense sort of chest pain, part of the aftercare advice is not to lift your arms up (elbows above shoulder height) because of the stitches. You can’t shower or get your stitches wet for the first week and I was having to take the pain they prescribed bang on every four hours which made me drowsy.

If you have no other option than to do the train journey back I’d leave it as long as you can and definitely make sure you have someone with you. Happy to answer any other questions too 😊

Thanks everyone for the advice.... I went for a consultation with the company I described above and something just felt 'off' - so I did a bit more research and had a couple more consultations and have gone with MYA as they made me feel really comfortable and asked plenty of questions around why I wanted it done, etc.

They've suggested a mini uplift and a small implant and am provisionally booked in for 30th December, it's a day case and in Manchester which is only 2-2.5 hours away (rather than London which is 5-6 hours) so think my mum is going to give me a lift and potentially stay in a hotel the first night

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Thanks everyone for the advice.... I went for a consultation with the company I described above and something just felt 'off' - so I did a bit more research and had a couple more consultations and have gone with MYA as they made me feel really comfortable and asked plenty of questions around why I wanted it done, etc.

They've suggested a mini uplift and a small implant and am provisionally booked in for 30th December, it's a day case and in Manchester which is only 2-2.5 hours away (rather than London which is 5-6 hours) so think my mum is going to give me a lift and potentially stay in a hotel the first night
How exciting! Make sure you get lots of zip up sports bras for post surgery and tops that don’t need to go over your head (shirts, hoodies etc). Hope it all goes well 😊

• Heart
How did your surgery go? Are you pleased with your results? I found this thread as I’m seriously considering implants

• Heart