Advice and tips on dealing with anxiety/panic disorder

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Couldnt find a thread relating to this so apologies if there is actually one.

Wanted to start a thread regarding tips advice and general chat on anxiety and panic disorders.

As im sure alot of other people have at this current time, I've been struggling with anxiety lately, the worst its ever been. I'm on medication but its the lowest dose. I'm thinking of going up but cautious as pregnant. Been advised I'm on one of the safer medications however nothing is of course 100%.

Unfortunately due to being pregnant I'm unable to return to work at the present time so not working and getting out for the house is making it worse

Wondered if anyone had any natural remedies or practices such as types of exercise or meditation they did which made a difference? .

Reactions: 1
Headspace is good and mindfulness. Have a look at get self help/ talk plus for resources to read on how to manage anxiety. And do things you enjoy to calm the anxiety a bit x

• Heart
The book DARE by Barry Mcdonagh was so helpful for me. Definitely worth a read if you’re interested in self help books!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Journalling, writing down all your thoughts helps your head process them.

Eating healthy, lots of fruit and veg, nothing processed.

Avoid coffee

I'm on propranolol and find it helps with the physical symptoms a lot but I don't think you can take it in pregnancy, you could ask you doctor about it though or keep it in mind for after delivery.

Getting out the house for a walk (should be safe now if you go somewhere quieter)

Getting enough sleep

Making more of an effort to talk to friends and family if you can / need to

Grown up colouring book can focus your mind for a bit

Reactions: 3
Therapy. It’s been 100% worth it for me. I don’t think I’d even be here without it.
When I’m having a particularly bad day I go on a walk or run with some loud music. It’s the only thing I’ve found that stops my panic attacks.

Journalling, writing down all your thoughts helps your head process them.

Eating healthy, lots of fruit and veg, nothing processed.

Avoid coffee

I'm on propranolol and find it helps with the physical symptoms a lot but I don't think you can take it in pregnancy, you could ask you doctor about it though or keep it in mind for after delivery.

Getting out the house for a walk (should be safe now if you go somewhere quieter)

Getting enough sleep

Making more of an effort to talk to friends and family if you can / need to

Grown up colouring book can focus your mind for a bit
I've just ordered a colouring book to try! Thank you so much 😊

Therapy. It’s been 100% worth it for me. I don’t think I’d even be here without it.
When I’m having a particularly bad day I go on a walk or run with some loud music. It’s the only thing I’ve found that stops my panic attacks.
I tried therapy years and years ago but found it difficult but I think it might something i need to revisit for the anxiety definitely

I’m following this I have GAD and then depression on and off. Currently very down and emotional due to all of what’s going on in the world lately so I’m struggling too xx I’m currently on sertraline and could probably up my dose but don’t want too yet. I’m 27. I really don’t have any tips regarding panic attacks I get them when I go abroad and no idea why or how to stop it so I haven’t been on holiday in years :( anxiety isn’t awful xxxxxxx but I’m here to listen and support if I can just might not be much help :( xx I’ve felt on the brink of tears for about a week now in fact yesterday I cried for an hour because a local cat was injured by dogs and I made the mistake of watching the video :( sorry to rant.... ❤❤

The book DARE by Barry Mcdonagh was so helpful for me. Definitely worth a read if you’re interested in self help books!
im going to order this thank you x

Couldnt find a thread relating to this so apologies if there is actually one.

Wanted to start a thread regarding tips advice and general chat on anxiety and panic disorders.

As im sure alot of other people have at this current time, I've been struggling with anxiety lately, the worst its ever been. I'm on medication but its the lowest dose. I'm thinking of going up but cautious as pregnant. Been advised I'm on one of the safer medications however nothing is of course 100%.

Unfortunately due to being pregnant I'm unable to return to work at the present time so not working and getting out for the house is making it worse

Wondered if anyone had any natural remedies or practices such as types of exercise or meditation they did which made a difference? .
Just a thought you’d anxiety could be worse due to pregnancy hormones? ❤ I know that doesn’t help but just a thought xxxx

I’m following this I have GAD and then depression on and off. Currently very down and emotional due to all of what’s going on in the world lately so I’m struggling too xx I’m currently on sertraline and could probably up my dose but don’t want too yet. I’m 27. I really don’t have any tips regarding panic attacks I get them when I go abroad and no idea why or how to stop it so I haven’t been on holiday in years :( anxiety isn’t awful xxxxxxx but I’m here to listen and support if I can just might not be much help :( xx I’ve felt on the brink of tears for about a week now in fact yesterday I cried for an hour because a local cat was injured by dogs and I made the mistake of watching the video :( sorry to rant.... ❤❤

im going to order this thank you x

Just a thought you’d anxiety could be worse due to pregnancy hormones? ❤ I know that doesn’t help but just a thought xxxx
I can relate to the holiday bit. Had a horrendous anxiety/panic attack last year in the airport just before I was to get on the plane, I knew what triggered it tho it was because I'd had one hours sleep and we had to get up at 3am 🤢 it was horrendous and its completely put me off morning flights forever.

Yeah i defo agree about the pregnancy bringing it on. I think your right all my hormones are going round its brought it on, ive ordered a colouring book and a cross stitch thing off amazon hahaha

Dont be sorry for ranting thats what the thread is for 😊🥰

• Heart
I thought it was just me with the anxiety & going abroad.... been with my partner 8 years & have never been on holiday together 😔 everything about it gives me anxiety & panic attacks. He’s desperate to book to go away but I’m scared I’ll ruin it 😔

• Heart
I thought it was just me with the anxiety & going abroad.... been with my partner 8 years & have never been on holiday together 😔 everything about it gives me anxiety & panic attacks. He’s desperate to book to go away but I’m scared I’ll ruin it 😔
Can totally understand this. Is it the travelling part or when you get there? For the most part barring last years experience im normally anxious and on edge when I get there and it takes me days to settle, I feel homesick and miss my dogs etc and i think its because its a new place, I've never felt comfortable in New places for some reason lol

Can totally understand this. Is it the travelling part or when you get there? For the most part barring last years experience im normally anxious and on edge when I get there and it takes me days to settle, I feel homesick and miss my dogs etc and i think its because its a new place, I've never felt comfortable in New places for some reason lol
Both! I hate traveling.. hate being crowded by lots of people so I’m a wreck in the airport, the flying... I convince myself It’s Going to crash & will my dog be ok if I die? Then when I get there it’s just not enjoyable to me as I’m a anxious wreck , too busy worrying about anything & everything! I’m aware I sound like an utter nutcase 😂 however my partner gets so pissed off as he just doesn’t understand 😔 I feel guilty for not being able to go & enjoy like most people.

Both! I hate traveling.. hate being crowded by lots of people so I’m a wreck in the airport, the flying... I convince myself It’s Going to crash & will my dog be ok if I die? Then when I get there it’s just not enjoyable to me as I’m a anxious wreck , too busy worrying about anything & everything! I’m aware I sound like an utter nutcase 😂 however my partner gets so pissed off as he just doesn’t understand 😔 I feel guilty for not being able to go & enjoy like most people.
I can understand, my partner doesn't understand much about how anxiety works and doesn't really know what to say. I think unless you experience anxiety or panic disorder its very hard for people to understand. Honestly you don't sound like nutcase, don't feel guilty either its definitely something you cannot help, ive learned that this is just me and who I am now and it will take time to overcome. I hate going to new places like big cities for the exact same reason and then it starts to overflow into when I get on holiday so you are definitely not alone 🥰

My anxiety gets worse abroad too x
Omg I’m shocked I seriously thought this was just me? I’ve been struggling really badly with this for the last 4/5 years. I had a holiday to Lanzarote and had attack after attack barely slept .... then the year after I braved zante and it happened even worse so since then must be about three years I’ve been terrified to go out of England! I really thought this was just me having really bad mental health and that no one else felt the same! Thank you for sharing these experiences guys you don’t know how much this has helped!

SAME literally exactly the same even when my family suggests going on holiday I can feel panick coming an ask them to stop talking about it they really want to help me but it’s just so so crippling I just want to avoid panic attacks there so scary

mine is when I get there I can hold it together till the night then bam I basically get a week long panick attack and I just want to be home again I’ve since got cats and I really would miss them to death :(

• Heart
I'm the same with holidays. I had the worst week ever a few years ago in Salou because of panic attacks. It was awful. My husband wants us to book something for next year and I don't know if i can do it. I mean I get panic attacks sitting in my own house so I'm obviously going to be a wreck in a foreign country.

I'm the same with holidays. I had the worst week ever a few years ago in Salou because of panic attacks. It was awful. My husband wants us to book something for next year and I don't know if i can do it. I mean I get panic attacks sitting in my own house so I'm obviously going to be a wreck in a foreign country.
Gosh I seriously thought this was just me. I just feel so unfamiliar being abroad like I feel this scary overwhelming feeling that I’m in danger and the panic doesn’t stop till literally the flight home .... I can’t sleep I can’t eat ... god awful it was and I never want to feel so scared again in my life! I worry about my future as I’m not sure how much it will stop me doing xx

And yeah I know that feeling of other people asking for holidays constantly even the thought makes me angry and nervous and scared :( it’s just easier for me to say no :(

It’s crazy how many people suffer , I genuinely thought it was just me but it’s lovely to know I’m not alone 🥰 Does anyone have any tips On how to overcome it? My partner has the attitude of just go & get on with it Youl be fine. But I know exactly how I’m going to feel & don’t want to ruin it for him & my son

I've never been diagnosed with anything but I'm sure I can attribute quite a lot to anxiety. For years I was convinced I had food intolerances/ digestive disorders but now I wonder if my tummy troubles were a result of anxiety. I do feel anxious a lot and I'm a worrier. Sometimes I have days when I can't see to do anything right such as park the car and that could be the same. Tiredness doesn't help either.