Actually Honest - skin care and make up reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Recently purchased the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in the shade custard (for reference I go between 2N2 and 3N2 in double wear, and use Pebble and Bamboo in Delilah foundations).

THE GOOD: Great coverage for dark circles. Easy to blend.

THE BAD: Oxidises on me - ends up darker and too yellow/orange. Creases like crazy, even after prepping eyes well and using setting powder (tried them all).

The bad definitely outweighs the good here which is such a shame as it’s great at covering dark circles. Does anyone have any suggestions for an undereye concealer that doesn’t crease and looks natural (so I can get away with it on light make up days)?
Rose Inc do a fab undereye concealer

i have recently started using the dr jart ceramide moisturiser which has done wonders for hydrating my skin. The downside is the cost - it’s £30 for 50ml tube . Which is pricey. Although you don’t need to use a lot ( pea sized amount is fine ). The brand also do a travel kit ( which has a serum / moisturise and another product in) for £12. You can buy this in Boots stores.
Superdrug do an amazing ceramide moisturiser which is 6.99 if you want a smaller price point too. The Dr Jart ceramide moisturiser and mist are loooooovely though

Reactions: 2
Superdrug do an amazing ceramide moisturiser which is 6.99 if you want a smaller price point too. The Dr Jart ceramide moisturiser and mist are loooooovely though
Thanks for the tip. Will go and check out Superdrug’s version. I am trying to cut back on skin care costs so if this works as well as Dr Jart then thumbs up.

• Heart
Thanks for the tip. Will go and check out Superdrug’s version. I am trying to cut back on skin care costs so if this works as well as Dr Jart then thumbs up.
It’s lovely honestly! I got in a nadine baggot winter edit with superdrug and i’ve repurchased about 3 times now? it’s small but you only need a small amount! X

Reactions: 1
Welda skin food is fantastic underneath makeup.

Also, the MUA pro base pressed powder is amazing, it’s only £2.50! I buy the translucent shade for under my eyes. I love a cheaper product but sometimes I’m wary it’s just going to be cheap for a reason, however I can confirm it’s bloody unreal!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Welda skin food is fantastic underneath makeup.

Also, the MUA pro base pressed powder is amazing, it’s only £2.50! I buy the translucent shade for under my eyes. I love a cheaper product but sometimes I’m wary it’s just going to be cheap for a reason, however I can confirm it’s bloody unreal!
I love skin food under make up and in general 💙

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’ve repurchased so many times, it gives me a glow that nothing else will achieve!
Same!!! I kinda originally purchased it on a whim, because I’m not overly dry/rough skin so maybe not designed for me but I do have normal-combo skin with dehydrated cheeks and it’s been an absolute dream for my skin!

Reactions: 1
I’m seeing HUGE results with my Dermatica subscription. I’ve had hormonal acne all my life, nothing will touch it except the pill or pregnancy. My Dermatica prescription has made my skin the clearest and glowiest (is that a word??) in my entire life. Highly recommend. Although the initial breaking-in purge is horrendous and I really wished I’d started during lockdown so I could cover my face- you shed like a snake and breakouts from hell for a few weeks (also known as The Uglies) if you feel the need to google.

Can anyone recommend anything for wrinkles above the lip line?
There’s retinol lip balms you can get that treat the lips and fine lines around the mouth. I use this one:

Worse purchases have been the Estée Lauder Advance night serum range. I’ve tried the ‘extra’ version too and there was another one which was like an illuminated primer type serum in that range which I forget the name of- all completely useless on me. So many great reviews but did nothing.

Last edited:
Thanks for the Dr Jart rec @Crumpet41 - will keep an eye out for it👍🏻
@mixusmaxus I am hoping to get a dermatica thing going as soon as I find a good spf that doesn’t irritate my eyes🙄 glad you having good results!

I think MUA have some great stuff- love the pressed highlighters and they single eyeshadows they used to do

QV cream seems great so far @Shineyshine , thank you 😊

Thanks for the Dr Jart rec @Crumpet41 - will keep an eye out for it👍🏻
@mixusmaxus I am hoping to get a dermatica thing going as soon as I find a good spf that doesn’t irritate my eyes🙄 glad you having good results!

I think MUA have some great stuff- love the pressed highlighters and they single eyeshadows they used to do

QV cream seems great so far @Shineyshine , thank you 😊
I got a mini Dr Jart set in boots today for £12! I’ve been wanting to try too and didn’t want to splurge so perfect for me :)

DBDE1B9B-8144-43BC-A127-87C4CFA7F8CF.jpeg

i have recently started using the dr jart ceramide moisturiser which has done wonders for hydrating my skin. The downside is the cost - it’s £30 for 50ml tube . Which is pricey. Although you don’t need to use a lot ( pea sized amount is fine ). The brand also do a travel kit ( which has a serum / moisturise and another product in) for £12. You can buy this in Boots stores.
doh! Just posted this before reading your reply sorry 🤦‍♀️

Nightmare finding good SPF- my skin seems to suck it into my eyes so if it doesn’t sting it makes my contacts all cloudy or I get milia with it. The Elizabeth Arden Spf stick was quite good, like a massive lip balm, no cast, spf 50 but doesn’t go very far. Currently trying Kao Biore UV sunscreen which is doing okay so far and doesn’t react with my makeup. I use it like a moisturiser. It’s extremely runny and zero white mask, spf 50 but it’s a pain to get hold off in the UK unless you don’t mind paying to import.

Every time I try a high sun factor my eyes are in bits once I start to sweat at all. Even with the sensitive ones. Anyone recommend anything. ? Factor 50 if possible.

You want Korean SPF IMO. Non stingy, make up doesnt pile, non greasy.

Thank You Farmer or Biore

Reactions: 6
Bodynseoul x
THANK YOU SO MUCH. This is a game changer.

Also- I know it’s not strictly skin or makeup but if anyone knows of an excellent strengthening nail polish or gel nail rehab treatment Id love to know. I’ve tried the Sally Hansen Nail Rehab but feel it’s no different to a standard nude polish. Love something that fills ridges too.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.