Abby Gibson/@miaipadkid

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone come across this account?
Similar to John_DeeDee, poor Mia is exploited 24/7 by her nana and “carers” by filming her every move despite the fact she is profoundly disabled and cannot consent to having anything posted online - especially her meltdowns.
She is 14, severely autistic and non verbal.
People are calling her out in the comments but of course the usual “rAiSiNg AwArEnEsS” excuse comes out every time.
Personally I’ve seen predatory comments on her page - for example a 23 year old man said “he’d love to be friends with Mia”.
There’s a fan page set up for her now which the nana and “carers” are encouraging.
People ask about Mia’s menstrual cycle and how she goes to the toilet and they gladly answer for the world to see.
It knocks me sick seeing disabled kids being exploited like this!!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Anyone come across this account?
Similar to John_DeeDee, poor Mia is exploited 24/7 by her nana and “carers” by filming her every move despite the fact she is profoundly disabled and cannot consent to having anything posted online - especially her meltdowns.
She is 14, severely autistic and non verbal.
People are calling her out in the comments but of course the usual “rAiSiNg AwArEnEsS” excuse comes out every time.
Personally I’ve seen predatory comments on her page - for example a 23 year old man said “he’d love to be friends with Mia”.
There’s a fan page set up for her now which the nana and “carers” are encouraging.
People ask about Mia’s menstrual cycle and how she goes to the toilet and they gladly answer for the world to see.
It knocks me sick seeing disabled kids being exploited like this!!
I've seen a few of them on my fyp and the comments are horrible why exploit her like that i wonder if she's even aware she's being called stuff like ipad kid final boss :( so sad

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I've seen a few of them on my fyp and the comments are horrible why exploit her like that i wonder if she's even aware she's being called stuff like ipad kid final boss :( so sad
She can’t read or write so she definitely won’t understand. They’re exploiting her so badly the poor girl

• Heart
  • Sad
There’s that one popular video there are so so many comments making nasty remarks, sexualising a disabled child’s body yet the video is still up and they continue to exploit her on tt. How did they not see them comments and realise posting videos on there was not safe for her.

They literally like comments that are bullying her😢 also I never realised her tt name was actually ipadkid they’re fully taking the piss🙃 also the amount of saves/favourites makes me want to throw up

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Sad
There’s that one popular video there are so so many comments making nasty remarks, sexualising a disabled child’s body yet the video is still up and they continue to exploit her on tt. How did they not see them comments and realise posting videos on there was not safe for her.

They literally like comments that are bullying her😢 also I never realised her tt name was actually ipadkid they’re fully taking the piss🙃 also the amount of saves/favourites makes me want to throw up
They’re actually disgusting, how they can claim to love and care for her when they allow this to continue 🤬

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Some of the comments they get are so horrific and nasty,HOWEVER they are putting her in that situation by posting her meltdowns etc when the poor girl can't consent, it's actually distressing to see, my lil boy is nearly 6 and non verbal autistic, last thing on my mind when he's distressed is whip my phone out and record

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Some of the comments they get are so horrific and nasty,HOWEVER they are putting her in that situation by posting her meltdowns etc when the poor girl can't consent, it's actually distressing to see, my lil boy is nearly 6 and non verbal autistic, last thing on my mind when he's distressed is whip my phone out and record
Yet they keep the comments on!! It’s horrible isn’t it!

• Heart
Surely whipping the phone out while she's having a meltdown and doing duck all to calm her down especially in public makes her more traumatised :(

• Sad
I was wondering if these people had a thread on here! I get them on my fyp frequently and every time I see them I just feel so sad for Mia. Her nana and selfish carers just seem to be doing whatever’s easiest for them rather than helping Mia build on her self-regulation and independence. Like what’s with the two ipads??? and having her strapped into a wheelchair every time they go out isn’t good for her at all, she can walk ffs. I know they were saying she runs off but they’re definitely just too lazy to deal with that so they just strap her down.

Reactions: 7
accounts like these are not needed on titkok
they don’t raise awareness it’s exploitation

the sheer amount of money they’re spending on “ipads” is ridiculous
i understand she’s attached to it be she can be told right from wrong
they’re lazy

• Heart
accounts like these are not needed on titkok
they don’t raise awareness it’s exploitation

the sheer amount of money they’re spending on “ipads” is ridiculous
i understand she’s attached to it be she can be told right from wrong
they’re lazy
The way she shares “Mia’s broke another iPad” is such a reverse psychology ploy to try and get people from TT to offer them their own tablets or money to get her a new one. You can get very tough cases that screw on (so she can’t remove them) and same with screen protectors. They’re doing it on purpose
I agree I think they’re incredibly lazy. They say Mia is non verbal which overall I don’t disagree from what I’ve seen BUT they posted videos of her singing along to songs in the past and it’s quite clear she can use words. She’s also a bit more verbal on some other “throwback” videos. I think they’re completely hindering her development and it’s so sad to see.

Reactions: 6
In recent videos I’ve heard her saying single words like “buggy” (meaning the wheelchair) or “chicken”. So she has a lot more capability than what they’re saying she has. If they talked to her like a human being instead of shoving ipads in her face she might be able to learn better communication skills.

1000% it’s too get a freebie
they must have some good income considering they are continuously getting new ipads and staying in hotels because “mia” likes it.
pull the other one , the fact that she can’t even consent to being on tiktok is sickening.
the comments being left on is vile because some cruel people leave the nastiest comments.
if they spent time with her instead of shoving the ipads in her face i think she’d learn better coping and communication skills

Reactions: 4
The ipads aren’t really ipads, they’re amazon fire tablets but even still they cost between 40 and 60 pounds i think? they’re probably on some kind of disability carers allowance. i’m a little confused at the setup though since mia is with the carers and nana all the time and only goes occasionally to her mums house

The ipads aren’t really ipads, they’re amazon fire tablets but even still they cost between 40 and 60 pounds i think? they’re probably on some kind of disability carers allowance. i’m a little confused at the setup though since mia is with the carers and nana all the time and only goes occasionally to her mums house
I’m guessing she was removed from her mums care. The nana looks fairly young so assuming her mum was really young when she had Mia and either gave her up as she couldn’t cope or was taken off her. Either way her current carers aren’t meeting her needs and exploiting her daily is awful

I’m guessing she was removed from her mums care. The nana looks fairly young so assuming her mum was really young when she had Mia and either gave her up as she couldn’t cope or was taken off her. Either way her current carers aren’t meeting her needs and exploiting her daily is awful
it really is awful, is it even legal to do what they’re doing?