Aaliyah

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Later this month it will be twenty years since she passed away. She was talented enough to crack a couple of different industries. For a teenage lad in those days she was popular with us. Romeo Must Die was a decent enough movie and she had some good hits. The UK top 40 has been going 69 years but when More Than A Woman knocked My Sweet Lord by George Harrison off number 1 it's the only time ever someone who had passed away had been knocked off the top spot by someone else who had passed away. She was a good looking woman and it was incredibly sad and a waste of a young life.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
She was abused by R Kelly and married him when she was just 15z. She then had a strange relationship with both Damon Dash and Jay z, people on the scene at the time said it was a weird 3 way relationship….she was engaged to Damon when she died.
I think the poor girl was abused and used by men pretty much all her life.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
Amazingly talented, and such a fluid, watchable dancer. But yes, it appeared that she was surrounded by/preyed upon by unscrupulous men during her short life. Her death came just before 9/11. Can't believe it's been 20 years.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I love lots of her music, she was very talented. Those 20 years have flown by.

Reactions: 8
Such a tragic loss of life at such a young age. I was a fan and so sad to hear when she passed. Her final album is a masterpiece and still sounds so fresh. A shame her music isn’t on streaming services, which is down to her Uncle.

Not sure how much I believe she the article above. I had always thought she was eager to finish the shoot and get back to Miami which is why they took the smaller, earlier plane?

I’m so glad this thread has been made I love Aaliyah and seeing R Kelly in the news again just reminds me of the abuse she put up with.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I’m so glad this thread has been made I love Aaliyah and seeing R Kelly in the news again just reminds me of the abuse she put up with.
I read a book by R Kelly’s ex friend and bodyguard years and years ago- he was at their illegal wedding 😧. I seem to remember he said that her parents were quite happy for Aaliyah to go to the recording studio at 3 in the morning just her and R Kelly, and just turned a massive blind eye, if not encouraged the relationship in order to push her career🤮.

• Sad
  • Sick
Has anyone seen the lifetime movie about her? The actress is identical

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I read a book by R Kelly’s ex friend and bodyguard years and years ago- he was at their illegal wedding 😧. I seem to remember he said that her parents were quite happy for Aaliyah to go to the recording studio at 3 in the morning just her and R Kelly, and just turned a massive blind eye, if not encouraged the relationship in order to push her career🤮.
R Kelly was surrounded by like minded people
for years that’s why he got away with it and and I think the only real one who was a friend and had Aaliyah’s back was DMX , I thought the whole thing with Timbaland was weird and he married that girl because she looked like Aaliyah, some people will sacrifice their kids for money I’ve seen people say Millie Bobby brown has similar going on in her life to what Aaliyah did older men interested etc it knocks me sick.

• Sick
Reactions: 10
I’ve found my people! I adore Aaliyah, she had the most beautiful singing voice in the world. This song was recorded when she was 14- what an unbelievable talent. Link: Aaliyah song

She had so much grace and class yet was so cool with it. She was a fantastic natural dancer with an air of calm about her. If only she hadn’t passed away- she was on her way to becoming a superstar.

I also read before that she was keen to get home re the plane. Seems odd that this girl’s account has only just come out.

• Heart
20 years today that Aaliyah’s not been here and that predator is finally in court.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’ve found my people! I adore Aaliyah, she had the most beautiful singing voice in the world. This song was recorded when she was 14- what an unbelievable talent. Link: Aaliyah song

She had so much grace and class yet was so cool with it. She was a fantastic natural dancer with an air of calm about her. If only she hadn’t passed away- she was on her way to becoming a superstar.

I also read before that she was keen to get home re the plane. Seems odd that this girl’s account has only just come out.
It was always there to be read but the R Kelly situation has made people look again at what was acceptable in those days by men/abusers who should have been stopped but instead were feted and enabled by others. Her songs were good but always too knowing for her age once it was known how old she actually was. Terribly sad.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
20 years. So sad to think what could have been. I’ve been listening to her music all afternoon, her music is so timeless.

Regardless of the mess that is the disagreement between her Uncle and the rest of the family, I’m so glad her music is finally going to be on streaming and there for new fans to discover her. Ultimately it’s the music that will ensure her legacy lives on.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
It was always there to be read but the R Kelly situation has made people look again at what was acceptable in those days by men/abusers who should have been stopped but instead were feted and enabled by others. Her songs were good but always too knowing for her age once it was known how old she actually was. Terribly sad.
Not only did R Kelly produce her debut album, he intentionally titled it Age Ain't Nothing but a Number which is some sinister and dark tit. I remember reading how during their early days, Beyonce's parents made a point to never leave Destiny's Child girls unattended because they knew that predators were lurking around every corner waiting for a young, vulnerable girl to come their way.

Every single adult in her life failed her and despite everything that's been thrown her way, she turned out to be an excellent student, kind person and one of the most influential entertainers, inspiring generations of performers to come.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Justice for Aaliyah has finally come unfortunately it’s at the expense of multiple other victims.

• Heart