A random one... Urinary Retention!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has any one experienced this (the inability to completely empty the bladder) and can offer me some advice?!

Tried going to the doctors, who are utterly useless, and can't seem to get an appointment at the moment anyway,

Has any one experienced this (the inability to completely empty the bladder) and can offer me some advice?!

Tried going to the doctors, who are utterly useless, and can't seem to get an appointment at the moment anyway,
Can you tolerate herbal tea? If so, buy some dandelion tea and sip slowly; no more than two cups a day. Stop immediately if it causes diarrhea or stomach upset.

Can you tolerate herbal tea? If so, buy some dandelion tea and sip slowly; no more than two cups a day. Stop immediately if it causes diarrhea or stomach upset.
Ooo! I’ve not heard this. But thank you so much! I’ll definitely get on this and see if it helps.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
When this happens do you get the feeling after that you are bursting to pee again and it's so uncomfortable and painful and then when you try to go you just can't? And this goes on and on and on for ages?

If that's what's happening then I totally get it and suggest that you drink a couple big glasses of water so that you will definitely have to pee, it kind of restarts the system if that makes sense? Also in general don't rush going to the bathroom because that can cause this happening in the first place.

When this happens do you get the feeling after that you are bursting to pee again and it's so uncomfortable and painful and then when you try to go you just can't? And this goes on and on and on for ages?

If that's what's happening then I totally get it and suggest that you drink a couple big glasses of water so that you will definitely have to pee, it kind of restarts the system if that makes sense? Also in general don't rush going to the bathroom because that can cause this happening in the first place.
I get the feeling to pee again but I'm not bursting and it's not painful, it's more just uncomfortably annoying and usually only bothers me before I go to bed (as that's when I feel it most.)

This has been going on for 10+ years now and I can't remember what it's like to not pee 20+ times in 15 mins before bed 😅 I'll try the water thank you, I tend to avoid liquid after 8/9pm!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I have a similar problem in that I always felt I needed to pee loads before bed and having to get up to pee in the night. I’ve recently been taking pumpkin seed oil capsules and those, combined with trying to hold my bladder for longer and only allowing myself to go at certain times in the day, have really helped. I’ve also cut down on caffeine which I think has made a difference too.

I have a similar problem in that I always felt I needed to pee loads before bed and having to get up to pee in the night. I’ve recently been taking pumpkin seed oil capsules and those, combined with trying to hold my bladder for longer and only allowing myself to go at certain times in the day, have really helped. I’ve also cut down on caffeine which I think has made a difference too.
Amazing thank you- I will have to give those a go!

I get the feeling to pee again but I'm not bursting and it's not painful, it's more just uncomfortably annoying and usually only bothers me before I go to bed (as that's when I feel it most.)

This has been going on for 10+ years now and I can't remember what it's like to not pee 20+ times in 15 mins before bed 😅 I'll try the water thank you, I tend to avoid liquid after 8/9pm!
I get this at really anxious times in my life, it’s probably just me but being anxious causes me to feel like I need to pee all the time and really bad at night time when I’m trying to sleep. I hope you get it sorted x

I always need a wee and there's always wee to come when I go. I've been tested for diabetes (don't have it) and the doctors seemed more concerned about teaching me to 'hold on' .(i can no bother).
When having a pregnancy scan I was told to go to the toilet because she couldn't see properly because of my full bladder and normally they advise a full bladder to make the uterus more prominent. I think it's the shape of my bladder and a bit urine doesn't get let out .
Nerves don't help .

Reactions: 2
I always need a wee and there's always wee to come when I go. I've been tested for diabetes (don't have it) and the doctors seemed more concerned about teaching me to 'hold on' .(i can no bother).
When having a pregnancy scan I was told to go to the toilet because she couldn't see properly because of my full bladder and normally they advise a full bladder to make the uterus more prominent. I think it's the shape of my bladder and a bit urine doesn't get let out .
Nerves don't help .
This sounds like me. I can wee on command. Also been tested for diabetes but last time I went to the doctors she just told me it's normal. I can assure you, it's bloody NOT NORMAL. There's a number of things I think it could be but retention seems it. I've got some dandelion tea and pumpkin seed oil capsules now to try and help.

I’ve been the same for years! Ill sit on the toilet and do a wee and manage to push out another full one five minutes later. I went to the doctor recently and they basically said they could see from the ultrasound that my bladder wasn’t empty (they did one scan with a full bladder then one after I’d been for a wee) and the doctor concluded that I probably just had a narrow urethra and couldn’t get all the urine out in one go. Unless I wanted to see a consultant who would push for surgery to widen it (or some grisly procedure like that) id just have to live with it. I can’t remember the details of what the doctor said so they might not be 100% medically correct. I also tend to wake up with cramps if my bladder is really full, and if I’ve held a wee for a long time like after a long journey I just can’t get it out! It’s super low pressure and i have to stop halfway and try again later. Sorry if that’s bordering on tmi hahah just wanted to share my experience too x

Reactions: 3
I’ve been the same for years! Ill sit on the toilet and do a wee and manage to push out another full one five minutes later. I went to the doctor recently and they basically said they could see from the ultrasound that my bladder wasn’t empty (they did one scan with a full bladder then one after I’d been for a wee) and the doctor concluded that I probably just had a narrow urethra and couldn’t get all the urine out in one go. Unless I wanted to see a consultant who would push for surgery to widen it (or some grisly procedure like that) id just have to live with it. I can’t remember the details of what the doctor said so they might not be 100% medically correct. I also tend to wake up with cramps if my bladder is really full, and if I’ve held a wee for a long time like after a long journey I just can’t get it out! It’s super low pressure and i have to stop halfway and try again later. Sorry if that’s bordering on tmi hahah just wanted to share my experience too x
That sounds really similar to me! Except I don't experience any pain, just mild discomfort and it's super annoying! I wonder if you could get an intermittent cathetar?

That sounds really similar to me! Except I don't experience any pain, just mild discomfort and it's super annoying! I wonder if you could get an intermittent cathetar?
Honestly I’m a massive wimp and super squeamish with anything medical. I’d rather just live with the slight discomfort and frustration 😂 I’m sure there are more options but my doctor seemed to think it wasn’t worth exploring any as it doesn’t majorly affect my life so I just went with it haha

Honestly I’m a massive wimp and super squeamish with anything medical. I’d rather just live with the slight discomfort and frustration 😂 I’m sure there are more options but my doctor seemed to think it wasn’t worth exploring any as it doesn’t majorly affect my life so I just went with it haha
Ahh bless you. Well it’s good to know we’re not the only ones!

Reactions: 2
I know this is an old thread now but I'm finally getting some answers from the hospital... my left kidney is swollen and scarred so being sent for a CT scan and prescribed some bladder relaxants 😅

• Wow
Reactions: 5