Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

megsmagoo

VIP Member
Had to stop using the website because you would have to scroll soooo far down and past so many adverts before the actual recipe

Reactions: 10

MamaD

VIP Member
I disagree with your rationale here completely. I do agree that someone having walked in your shoes who gives advice can be an inspiring influence, but they haven’t overcome their demons, what makes them qualified to give advice to others on doing so? That’s like an NHS Quit Smoking Advisor who smokes 40 a day whilst preaching to others, they’ve struggled with the habit so they’ll have empathy, but clearly their advice isn’t working or they’d be successfully doing it themselves. That’s not inspiring it’s hypocritical.
Totally agree. I’m obese and have qualifications in nutrition and weight management. Would I feel comfortable advising someone on how to lose weight, no! I’ve not managed to sort myself out so would not want to give advice to anyone!

Yel

Chatty Member
I was trying to see if I could find any recent pics and this is the most recent article on them from Dec 22. https://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/23188636.pinch-nom-pair-pressures-fame-star-wars-wedding/

I like how they’re trying to make out they’re just really private people, not that they’re hiding away because people won’t buy their cookbook if they knew it contained diet advice from a 30st woman.
And that pic is on their wedding day that they could very well have dieted for.

Anyone can stick cottage cheese in a wholemeal pitta along with a tomato and a olive and call it pizza. But being healthy is so so much more complicated than making a low calorie meal.

Very disingenuous with their super unfulfilling recipes that no one who's used to a normal western diet can realistically stick to eating.

Wowwwwwwwww

VIP Member
If their recipes were actually tried and tested recipes that worked for them, they’d be ALOT slimmer than they are! Clearly they use other people’s recipes and then probably chuck it away and order a takeaway 🤣
They prob eat the same as Clare and Amanda

• Haha

Sickoflurking

I disagree with your rationale here completely. I do agree that someone having walked in your shoes who gives advice can be an inspiring influence, but they haven’t overcome their demons, what makes them qualified to give advice to others on doing so? That’s like an NHS Quit Smoking Advisor who smokes 40 a day whilst preaching to others, they’ve struggled with the habit so they’ll have empathy, but clearly their advice isn’t working or they’d be successfully doing it themselves. That’s not inspiring it’s hypocritical.
Refer also to swfeebs thread! 🤘do as I say and not as I do just doesn’t work does it. Completely agree with you

• Haha
  • Heart

kadykal95

Chatty Member
No-one can lose 13lb of FAT in a week. You can lose water weight. I like their recipes but i won't be taking diet advise from Kay :ROFLMAO:

• Heart

SpiceWeasel

VIP Member
Some of their recipes I feel like you need a degree in chemical engineering for, they sometimes use obscure artificial ingredients just to make it ‘syn free’ rather than the real thing which would be a lot healthier and probably not that many syns 🙄

Clearly don’t follow any form of plan themselves anyway.

Also the word ‘Nom’ makes me cringe so much, like the above poster it reminds me of my brief emo phase and people going ‘nomnomnomnomnom’ on MSN 😂

• Haha

Trolleydollycoffeelover

Who uses the non-word ‘nom’ anyway in 2020? First heard it, well saw it on FB back in 2009 or so and it irritated me then when people would go out for dinner and write ‘om nom nom’ on pics. Usually the same ‘huns’ who wrote ‘witwoo’ on their good looking mates’ pics!

• Haha
Reactions: 9

How do we know they’ve stolen recipes?
Because 2 chubby cubs did them first and put them on their blog first, free for everyone to read and use. Then along come pinch of vom, with the same recipes under a different name and they bring out a book with them 🙄

Yel

Chatty Member
I do find it very odd that the elephant in the room (!) about them being super obese whilst promoting diet food is not really addressed.
It's weird how they've been celebrated so much and been sold as the perfect people to push diets despite their weight loss being a lie and they've seemingly put on weight since making their millions. 🤷‍♀️

uokhun92

Chatty Member
My old SW group used to all stare at me like I had 2 heads when I said about using X amount of syns on a meal. It was like they’d go to any cost to make a meal syn free even if it tasted like gruel just so they could save their syns for treats!

• Haha

Yel

Chatty Member
Didn't realise they have a team of 15 people, that's getting up to Jamie Oliver sized team of help :LOL:

In the press release they claim to have lost 6 stone, which is probably over exaggerated and the lowest they were before putting it back on because they appear to have been the same size for years. This isn't to shame anyone, just to say how complex the issues are. We all know what to eat to not put on weight, but it's not that easy at all. The bitchy side of me thinks they must have to eat so much to maintain their weight and 3 stone could be lost so easily.

• Haha

MadGal

VIP Member
If their recipes were actually tried and tested recipes that worked for them, they’d be ALOT slimmer than they are! Clearly they use other people’s recipes and then probably chuck it away and order a takeaway 🤣

• Haha

SpiceWeasel

VIP Member
I am shook seeing the photos of them, I have their book and planner and had no idea! I was excited for the recipe book, after years of slimming world recipes that all end up tasting of bland tinned tomato and self deprivation. But it’s disappointing, I haven’t really been gripped by any of the meals in their book and as someone else said there’s a lot of faffing with artificial stuff that is trying to mimic the real thing (Quark in lasagna anyone? 🤢). It ends up being disappointing, you’d be better off using the syns/calories and eating a meal that satisfies you.

Although I do really like the sticky chicken recipe!
Totally agree would rather have a smaller amount of something really tasty and satisfying. It’s like when you ask someone how is a restaurant/takeaway and they’re like ‘oh it’s great, you get loads!’ And you’re like yes but what about the quality of the food 😂

Quark in lasagne is an abomination.

SpiceWeasel

VIP Member
TLDR: the pon facebook group is run by idiots who kick you out if you don't toe the party line.

Ugh, I just need somewhere is have a rant about this. I actually quite like the pinch of nom recipes. I bought the books before I realised they were potentially stolen or that they were both even bigger than I am, but i do use them regularly and they are pretty nice (although need to up the seasonsing in some, especially the curries). I've also been a member of the FB group for probably about 6 months, just because i like to post my pictures and answer people's cookjng questions. I'm not even on SW, just trying to eat healthier (never used quark in my life).

I'd been slightly irritated with the group for a while, due to the cultish fanaticism that is underlying there. Some of then eat pinch of nom literally every single day of the week. There were a number of photos I tried to post which never got approved by the admins, but never any explanation as to why it just disappeared. I did get some clmment deleted with an explanation because it had a swear in it. Not abusive, just emphatic, but fair enough. But the comment just got deleted, no more said. I continued to contribute both my own posts and comment attempting to help others

So yesterday, someone asked for a buttermilk pancake recipe and I sent a link to the Slimming Eats recipe for pancakes. Happened to be scrolling later and noticed my comment had been deleted, but i got no notification for it, just disappeared. This really irritated me, so i posted another comment saying that "I thought this group was about supporting others, not pretending no other websites with recipes even exist". Then a separate comment either the same link. Less than ten minutes later, the link comment was deleted, this time I got a notification. Next thing I know, I go on FB this morning for a browse, notice that no posts from that group are appearing on my feed. I'VE BEEN BLOCKED. For daring to question the great and powerful PON.

Sorry this got so long, I'm just irrationally annoyed about it, and this is the only place I can find that seems to have real people talking about the realities of them two, not just starry eyed "OMG UR SO BRILLIANT, HOW MANY SYNS IN A BUCKET OF QUARK, IF I ROLL A SCOTCH EGG IN RAW SMASH ITS AMAHZING AND HAS NO CALORIES". I bought their book, they have my money already, can I not just talk like a real person on a fb group without getting kicked out by a load of SW zombies, because they're cranky from not getting enough hifi bars.
I’ve never commented on the Facebook group but I am a member of it and agree it’s cult like. I know the whole point is to stick to plan/lose weight but it’s like they lose their taste buds and will replace say a small amount of cream cheese with a shit ton of quark or yoghurt which always splits but they don’t mind CoS iT’s FrRe

Slimming Eats is far superior, I love her recipes! We had the teriyaki salmon last night. If I do ever get a PON recipe up, my laptop cannot cope with the amount of crap going on on the page e.g. multiple ads and a video which is off putting. I know it’s probably by rubbish laptop but I don’t have this problem with Slimming Eats or Chubby Cubs so they win every time!

My PON book now lives in the states with my Auntie who does WW. Explaining to the word ‘Nom’ to her was hard work 🤣 she was like ‘so it’s a British word??’ 😂🤦‍♀️

Yel

Chatty Member
Picture from tonight’s bookseller awards. I don’t care if they’re big but it seems wrong to be selling weightloss books - almost fraud?
Eek, they've put on weight while they've made millions selling weightloss books.

Weight is such a complicated issue, we all know what foods to avoid to put on weight. But it's not as easy as that. Quark and sweetener just isn't very nice

Reactions: 8

SpiceWeasel

VIP Member
that’s exactly it! I’d rather make a proper lasagna sauce, have a small portion and syn it and fill up on my half plate of speed salad or veg. Feeling like I’ve had a nice meal, full up and won’t need to snack after. If I look forward to dinner all day and it turns out shit then I feel like I need to pick for the rest of the evening and that’s when the calories mount up 🤣

I do follow them on fb and love their hilarious posts, but for me the food looks too much, I know they’ve lost weight but it’s like they cheat the system so they can eat loads 🤣
That’s it, we’re having lasagne for dinner now 😂 it doesn’t work out too bad if you use your Healthy A anyway, think about 8 syns for mine last time I worked it out. I think a lot of people are obsessed with keeping all their meals free then using syns for treats. I’d rather have a portion of lasagne with proper bechemel and cooked with red wine than have a ‘syn free’ one which just isn’t the same then eat a load of sugary crap afterwards cos like you say it’s not satisfying!

• Heart
Reactions: 8