80's American Soaps

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
oh Sunset Beach was the best thing ever, the crazy crazy storylines, cursed jewels, evil twins, stealing babies 😂
Remember the turkey baster? :ROFLMAO: Sunset Beach used to treat the audience like we were goldfish, every ad break was a massive recap of what just happened like we were on the verge of forgetting. It was like a parody it was so bad.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Remember the turkey baster? :ROFLMAO: Sunset Beach used to treat the audience like we were goldfish, every ad break was a massive recap of what just happened like we were on the verge of forgetting. It was like a parody it was so bad.
The daytime soaps are all like that in America, or were they arnt quite that repetitive nowadays

Reactions: 1
A place to discuss all things Dallas, Dynasty, Falcon Crest, Colbys, Knots Landing etc ..... Ye get the gist!

Get your shoulder pads and blue eyeshadow ready.......!
Does anyone remember Flamingo Road? I always get it mixed up with Falcon Crest 😄
Mark Harmon was in it and I had a mad crush on him 😍
I had to Google it to see where it was set because I couldn't remember anything else about it 😅 it was set in Florida.
I loved Dallas but could never get into Dynasty.
I liked Knots Landing too and Alec Baldwin was gorgeous in it but never liked him in anything else since.

Does anyone remember Flamingo Road? I always get it mixed up with Falcon Crest 😄
Mark Harmon was in it and I had a mad crush on him 😍
I had to Google it to see where it was set because I couldn't remember anything else about it 😅 it was set in Florida.
I loved Dallas but could never get into Dynasty.
I liked Knots Landing too and Alec Baldwin was gorgeous in it but never liked him in anything else since.
I just about remember it. Did it have Morgan Fairchild in?

There so many soaps and mini series I get a bit confused now. There were some crackers. Lace, Kane and Abel, Sins ...

Reactions: 4
I do hope some TV stations / online platforms stalk here and reboot some of these classics rather than the usual cooking, house makeover, reality crap 😢

I just about remember it. Did it have Morgan Fairchild in?

There so many soaps and mini series I get a bit confused now. There were some crackers. Lace, Kane and Abel, Sins ...
Yes, Morgan Fairchild was in it. I looked it up on YouTube and there's only snippets of episodes on there, I'd love to watch a full episode.
Mini series were all the rage in the 80s, I remember Winds of War, and Kane and Abel.

Reactions: 3
Yes, Morgan Fairchild was in it. I looked it up on YouTube and there's only snippets of episodes on there, I'd love to watch a full episode.
Mini series were all the rage in the 80s, I remember Winds of War, and Kane and Abel.
Mark Harmon is in the silver foxes thread. He has definitely improved with age.

• Heart
And The Thorn Birds. Amazing. Though Richard Chamberlain was never my idea of a sexy priest tbh. I preferred her bit of rough Bryan Brown 😂

Reactions: 4
And The Thorn Birds. Amazing. Though Richard Chamberlain was never my idea of a sexy priest tbh. I preferred her bit of rough Bryan Brown 😂
Bryan Brown was gorgeous! And the only one in it with an Australian accent, and it set in Australia 😅
I'm Irish, and the Irish accents in it were laughable, even their pronunciation of their homestead, Drogheda, was all wrong 😅
I remember at school everyone was watching it, and I think there was a news story at the time, that it was so popular that when an episode ended there was a surge on the national grid, as everyone put the kettle on!
Bryan Brown and Rachel Ward got married and are still together, I think?

Bryan Brown was gorgeous! And the only one in it with an Australian accent, and it set in Australia 😅
I'm Irish, and the Irish accents in it were laughable, even their pronunciation of their homestead, Drogheda, was all wrong 😅
I remember at school everyone was watching it, and I think there was a news story at the time, that it was so popular that when an episode ended there was a surge on the national grid, as everyone put the kettle on!
Bryan Brown and Rachel Ward got married and are still together, I think?

I read the book before I saw it on telly and I still don't know how to pronounce Drogheda.

I read the book before I saw it on telly and I still don't know how to pronounce Drogheda.
It's hard to pronounce if you're not Irish but I think the Thorn Bird family were meant to be (hard to tell by their accents, as they all sounded American, except for Rachel Ward, who sounded posh English 😅).
It's Dro-he-da and they were all saying Drugeeeeda, just a bug bear of mine 😄
The Thorn Birds is repeated on Irish telly every so often, usually a Sunday afternoon, and I find it unwatchable now, very dated and overacted, funny how tastes change.

• Heart
Sue Ellen & JR were perfect casting & writing.

It was about every third episode that someone ended up being pushed into the pool!
---
And they all had amazing theme tunes

I preferred Bryan Brown too. Richard Chamberlain was always too pretty for my tastes. My Mum liked him though 😂

• Haha
Any particular stand out storylines? Early doors on Dallas Sue Ellen found a surrogate as JR wouldn’t sleep with her and she was desperate for an Ewing heir. She found one and set her up in an apartment. JR found out and got his henchmen to run her out of town. I still remember the scene where she comes in with armfuls of baby stuff & JR is there, looking over a balcony and telling Sue Ellen it would never happen. She looked so broken and I think this is what triggered the drinking….

Any particular stand out storylines? Early doors on Dallas Sue Ellen found a surrogate as JR wouldn’t sleep with her and she was desperate for an Ewing heir. She found one and set her up in an apartment. JR found out and got his henchmen to run her out of town. I still remember the scene where she comes in with armfuls of baby stuff & JR is there, looking over a balcony and telling Sue Ellen it would never happen. She looked so broken and I think this is what triggered the drinking….
After the first series they wrote a book with existing stories and a few more.
Valene was called Maureen.
The men went on a hunting trip and there was a break in at the ranch by some men that JR had upset. One of them decided to take advantage of Sue-Ellen as JR had done the same to his wife/girlfriend.
It was at that point Sue-Ellen realised what she had been missing…