80's American Soaps

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you remember one of Sue- Ellen's boyfriends, a cowboy called 'Dusty' ?
Does anyone remember the Oil Baron's Ball? It used to be every year, I think, and there was always a rival oil baron at it called Cecil, pronounced Ceeecil 😄
Or was Cecil on Dynasty? I might be getting me oil magnates mixed up!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Cecil was indeed Dynasty. Our Joanne (Alexis) married him on his death bed 👍
---
Edit - Joanie!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I also remember the scenes with close ups of Sue-Ellen's face where she 'acted' with her mouth and lips, anyone else remember that ? (Or am I bonkers ? :LOL: )

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I also remember the scenes with close ups of Sue-Ellen's face where she 'acted' with her mouth and lips, anyone else remember that ? (Or am I bonkers ? :LOL: )
Yes they had a life of their own and used to quiver alarmingly 😂

There was usually some kind of punch up at the Oil barons ball wasn't there? Was Cliff Barnes invited? I can't remember his line of business tbh.

Reactions: 5
You're not bonkers ... she acted with her wobbly lips.
---
Yes they had a life of their own and used to quiver alarmingly 😂

There was usually some kind of punch up at the Oil barons ball wasn't there? Was Cliff Barnes invited? I can't remember his line of business tbh.

Cliff's dad, Digger was in the oil business with Jock but Jock did him dirty and that was what all the bad blood was about.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Back to Knots Landing - I loved the Tom (cop), Paige and Greg love triangle. I was routing for Greg to "win the girl" (looking back - yuck), but he ended up marrying her Mum, Anne! I loved Anne as a character. I didn't realise until quite a while after that she was in the Mamas & Papas! I also liked the episodes with Val's bat-tit husband, Danny who got drunk and knocked down and killed one of the other neighbours.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Has anyone seen or heard of this?? Donna Mills, Nicollette Sheridan, Morgan Fairchild, Loni Anderson and Linda Gray.

I loved the glam and drama of notts landing, Donna mills and Val's makeup 😍 being blonde was a trend throughout the 80s and my hair was as dark as could be so felt very inadequate for a while 😄

I loved the glam and drama of notts landing, Donna mills and Val's makeup 😍 being blonde was a trend throughout the 80s and my hair was as dark as could be so felt very inadequate for a while 😄
Yeah. I'm a redhead and the envy was real! I would have literally killed for blonde hair!

Reactions: 1
It is a shame that Knots Landing didn’t get a full DVD release. I would love to watch it all again.

and now I have the theme tune stuck in my head!