5 year plan?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like to have a rough idea but after the recession in 2018 and now this, it’s taught me that you can only plan so much 😂 - sometimes the universe has other plans for you.

Reactions: 2
I'd like to move to a slightly bigger house, have another child and kick start my career.

I like to have a rough idea but after the recession in 2018 and now this, it’s taught me that you can only plan so much 😂 - sometimes the universe has other plans for you.

I try to live for the moment as I lost my 19 year old cousin when I was 18. He died in a car accident that was not his fault 3 weeks after the birth of his daughter. I realised then that tomorrow is promised to no one.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I used to have an idea of where I wanted to be, but life has thrown me curveballs the last few years that I just try and live in the moment and see where I end up. I mean ideally I would love to be married and have children but who knows what life has planned for you.

Reactions: 1
Have another child hopefully, buy a house instead of renting and go back to college to do an access course🤞🏻

I dont think any of us can say what we want in 5 years. If I look back at all that has happened in the last 5 years of my life there has been many negatives.
I got made redundant.
Both my grandparents passed away.
I finally found the courage to leave my ex partner after years of abuse.
I had pstd, depression and anxiety.
I ended up in court for nearly 2 years because he took me to court for child access.
But also in that time there has been positive moments I moved house, I met my now partner and we now live together. He supported me through going to court he didnt judge me. He helped me realise that that you can get through tough situations. His a great role model to my son.
What I'm trying to say is you can plan what you want in life but I did that and thought I'd be happy on the outside why wouldn't I have been. We both had jobs a house a child and we were 'happy' but i was hiding the truth.
All I plan now is to be true to myself It took for all of that happen to see how precious life is.

Reactions: 4
To be honest, the only thing I REALLY would like is to buy a house. I’m happy with our family & have no desire for more children & I’m fairly happy with my job too. If we have the money to get married within that time then that’s a bonus because I’d love to!

My main goal is just to have a stress free life (as much as possible) and have fun, go on lots of holidays with my partner. I don't want a wedding or kids or to be super 'successful' in my career, but I would like to overpay the mortgage a bit where we can and save a safety net fund.

Reactions: 6
I hit my 30’s this year and I honestly feel nonplussed by it. My friends are freaking out and I feel weird for being ok with it? I don’t see age as an issue as much as i used to

I spent my teens and twenties working on my self employed career, to promptly sack it in as fast as I started it. I got to the point where I didn’t enjoy it, accomplished everything I wanted to and didn’t want to end up hating it.
I got married, had a baby and we bought a flat, then sold and got a doer upper which is mostly done (bar a side ext I wanted to start before C-19!)

so I feel like I’m going into my 30’s just wanting to live happily but doesn’t that sound a little bit lame? 😂 Im a director for a family business so we don’t get much time to go away so I want to travel more, and I would like another baby at some point but not for a year or two.

my ultimate dream is to build a house but I don’t think it’ll ever happen as land where we live isn’t rife and I also don’t want a mortgage to the sky

We had loads of plans. This has thrown everything up in the air and has made me realise as much as it helps to plan and hope, we are now in survival mode and have reassessed our priorities.

For now the plan is to take each day as it comes. Hope our health continues to be well. Look forward to the day I can hug my family and friends without worrying about a deadly virus. Count my blessings each day and never moan again that my front room is too narrow.

Reactions: 3
I’m 21 and a mum to a 3 year old and my 5 year plan is to finish uni and get a mortgage🤞🏼

I feel I’m at a place in my career knowledge wise where I’m content but want to find a workplace that is long-term for me. The last few years I’ve been saving aggressively to buy a bigger house. Both of which got derailed thanks to COVID! But I’m really appreciative of my savings I do have, opportunities and my health! It’s really made me assess what’s important to me and buying a new skirt off Depop isn’t one of those things.

My 5 year plan is hopefully get married this year , start saving up after the wedding for the next 3 years and then move out and live in New Zealand

I’m a nurse so we will be able to get into the country hopefully that way

I think the closest thing I have to a 5 year plan is a list of goals I'd like to achieve before turning 30, both small and large. I do also have a list of plans but it's very short term (1-6 months only) and is more practical, everyday stuff than large things I want to accomplish, if that makes sense?

I think the most useful part of it is not completing the goals themselves, but taking the time to sit down and reflect on what I actually want. I'm not going to cry on my 30th birthday because I didn't tick off some goals but I do feel that now I have a sense of clarity over what's important to me.

I try to keep it flexible as well. I used to be borderline obsessive with life plans and if that's taught me anything, it's that life has this annoying habit of getting in the way of those plans :ROFLMAO: but at the same time, events that I thought were ruining my life ended up with incredible, and unexpected, outcomes. A while ago, my 5 year plan would have been along the lines of "move to Milan - work and live there for 2.5 years exactly. Use free time to learn how to make the perfect lasagne, speak Italian fluently, visit Florence after exactly 64 days of living in Italy", that kind of level. While I'd still like to live abroad, now I haven't bothered to specify whether that's Bali or Canada, five years or two months. It's still a goal, but it's more adapted to life

Yep, this ^

It's good to have a plan but often that has just made the universe laugh as she throws curveballs at me, so I would say... always, ALWAYS have a Plan B, and maybe even a plan C.

I’m 21 and a mum to a 3 year old and my 5 year plan is to finish uni and get a mortgage🤞🏼
What are you studying! Good for you, I started uni for nursing at 19 with a 6 month old.. best decision of my life.. met my now husband who’s in the army, had 2 more children. I hate having to move for his job but guess we get to see new places. Good luck x

Yep, this ^

It's good to have a plan but often that has just made the universe laugh as she throws curveballs at me, so I would say... always, ALWAYS have a Plan B, and maybe even a plan C.
Also, as a single late thirties woman, I’m so glad I haven’t sat around waiting for a partner or friends to do things with, or I would have done eff all. 🤣

The pandemic had made me reinforce my point not to plan anything! The only thing we plan is holidays and that’s how it will stay if not even more relaxed. In 5 years time I hope i am as content as I am now. I hope the three of us remain healthy.

The pandemic had made me reinforce my point not to plan anything! The only thing we plan is holidays and that’s how it will stay if not even more relaxed. In 5 years time I hope i am as content as I am now. I hope the three of us remain healthy.

My mum said my dad never planned anything longer than the week ahead. Always irritated her but now she sees his point😅

• Heart
What are you studying! Good for you, I started uni for nursing at 19 with a 6 month old.. best decision of my life.. met my now husband who’s in the army, had 2 more children. I hate having to move for his job but guess we get to see new places. Good luck x
Well done to you!! I love seeing young parents proving the statistics wrong.
I’m studying childhood psychology , hoping to do a masters in Social Work🤞🏼 X