Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

nobrains

I'm going to write a bucket list and aim to do them all (in no particular order) I am already in a relationship, own a house and have a son. This lockdown has given me time to reflect and I have been with my partner for 9 year since I was 17! All that time my life has revolved around him. As much as possible I've decided I want my time now..that might sound selfish to some. Also made the resolution to not ask my partner to have my son (like he is babysitting for me) and just tell him that I am doing rather than asking permission. Obviously my son still comes first but I want time for me now, life is too short! Wear the dress,eat the cake, go to the concert,do the bungee jump!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 14

mummy2under2

VIP Member
This entire pandemic has made me rethink everything.
When this has calmed down I'm going to finish working and spend as much time with the kids and hubby as possible.
Especially while they're still young.
Few years travelling before they start school.
Life's way too short to spend it working and I'm fortunate enough not to have to for much longer.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Bubble And Squeak

I’m 22 and 5 year plan was to save, move out then have child with my boyfriend. We have already done a bit of travelling as we done a 9 week trip last summer so I was happy with that. But this pandemic has made me realise I don’t want bills and responsibility to soon, and want to make up for time I feel I’m losing just now. So we are going to use this time to save as we aren’t going anywhere, and end of next year do a working holiday visa in Australia with a bit of travelling around it. And then come back and revisit my original plan

Reactions: 7

Gem_woody

Chatty Member
My main goal is just to have a stress free life (as much as possible) and have fun, go on lots of holidays with my partner. I don't want a wedding or kids or to be super 'successful' in my career, but I would like to overpay the mortgage a bit where we can and save a safety net fund.

Reactions: 6

working9-5

Chatty Member
Not a set plan but I’d like to save money, return to U.K., buy a house and get a dog. I’m single and can’t see that changing any time soon.

Reactions: 6

tskiry56

I dont think any of us can say what we want in 5 years. If I look back at all that has happened in the last 5 years of my life there has been many negatives.
I got made redundant.
Both my grandparents passed away.
I finally found the courage to leave my ex partner after years of abuse.
I had pstd, depression and anxiety.
I ended up in court for nearly 2 years because he took me to court for child access.
But also in that time there has been positive moments I moved house, I met my now partner and we now live together. He supported me through going to court he didnt judge me. He helped me realise that that you can get through tough situations. His a great role model to my son.
What I'm trying to say is you can plan what you want in life but I did that and thought I'd be happy on the outside why wouldn't I have been. We both had jobs a house a child and we were 'happy' but i was hiding the truth.
All I plan now is to be true to myself It took for all of that happen to see how precious life is.

Reactions: 4

Lanie

VIP Member
I'd like to move to a slightly bigger house, have another child and kick start my career.

I like to have a rough idea but after the recession in 2018 and now this, it’s taught me that you can only plan so much 😂 - sometimes the universe has other plans for you.

I try to live for the moment as I lost my 19 year old cousin when I was 18. He died in a car accident that was not his fault 3 weeks after the birth of his daughter. I realised then that tomorrow is promised to no one.

• Sad
Reactions: 4

Lanie

VIP Member
The pandemic had made me reinforce my point not to plan anything! The only thing we plan is holidays and that’s how it will stay if not even more relaxed. In 5 years time I hope i am as content as I am now. I hope the three of us remain healthy.

My mum said my dad never planned anything longer than the week ahead. Always irritated her but now she sees his point😅

• Heart
Reactions: 3

NP

VIP Member
I regret not planning my 20ies better. It feels like I've wasted a decade on nothing.
I had our first child in my 20s so while not wasted, I do think I wasted most of the decade in regards to money so I totally get that feeling. Now early 30s and still repaying debts and wanting to save. Wish I had been sensible much earlier!

My 5 year plan is to be debt free, which is a year away, then save for a house deposit which will take a further 2-3 years.

btw

I’m 21 and a mum to a 3 year old and my 5 year plan is to finish uni and get a mortgage🤞🏼

working9-5

Chatty Member
I’m 22 and 5 year plan was to save, move out then have child with my boyfriend. We have already done a bit of travelling as we done a 9 week trip last summer so I was happy with that. But this pandemic has made me realise I don’t want bills and responsibility to soon, and want to make up for time I feel I’m losing just now. So we are going to use this time to save as we aren’t going anywhere, and end of next year do a working holiday visa in Australia with a bit of travelling around it. And then come back and revisit my original plan
I did a working holiday visa in Australia and New Zealand with some travelling and had the best time. You won’t regret it. Do it while you can.

I think when I say wasted I mean, I could have saved more, travel more, I should have had more professional confidence.

In my 20ies, I got my bachelor's degree, my master's, my postgraduate diploma and had two great jobs. I'm still in my 2nd job... But I think I've wasted a lot of time too.
Wow, that’s amazing and I wouldn’t say a waste at all.
I’m one of the ones who spent it travelling 🤣

• Heart

Hinchhater1442

Chatty Member
I've had goals set up since I was about 14 and I've reached one of my biggest goals this year.
I have a rough plan for a year or two ahead, and an idea for 5 years ahead but nothing specific. Eg I want a promotion in 3 years, with Covid happening I might need to add additional 6 months to it but it gives me guidance on what to do if it makes sense.
Makes total sense! Just wasn’t sure if I was trying to control my life too much 🤣 I’m not 100% sure if I want kids yet but if I do it’ll be once I’ve turned 30, I’m 25 now so just trying to squeeze in all the things I want to do before I have kids

judsmum

Chatty Member
The pandemic had made me reinforce my point not to plan anything! The only thing we plan is holidays and that’s how it will stay if not even more relaxed. In 5 years time I hope i am as content as I am now. I hope the three of us remain healthy.

Ohflogoff

VIP Member
We had loads of plans. This has thrown everything up in the air and has made me realise as much as it helps to plan and hope, we are now in survival mode and have reassessed our priorities.

For now the plan is to take each day as it comes. Hope our health continues to be well. Look forward to the day I can hug my family and friends without worrying about a deadly virus. Count my blessings each day and never moan again that my front room is too narrow.

Notothefakes

VIP Member
Do you have a 5 year plan?

I’ve been thinking about it a lot recently so I’ve written up a 5 year plan/bucket list including personal goals, places I’d like to travel, things I’d like to do etc..

of course I don’t plan on living by it step for step, I was just curious if anyone else has one? What’s on it? do you try to live by it, or is it just a guide?
My friends mock me as I’ve always had a plan and stuck by it. I knew what job I wanted when I was 5 and stuck with it. However baby number 3 wasn’t in the plan so I’m now trying to embrace the new plan 😂

Noname12345

Chatty Member
My OH wants children and I'm indifferent, but if he insists we need to start trying in the next two years.

I regret not planning my 20ies better. It feels like I've wasted a decade on nothing.

btw

What are you studying! Good for you, I started uni for nursing at 19 with a 6 month old.. best decision of my life.. met my now husband who’s in the army, had 2 more children. I hate having to move for his job but guess we get to see new places. Good luck x
Well done to you!! I love seeing young parents proving the statistics wrong.
I’m studying childhood psychology , hoping to do a masters in Social Work🤞🏼 X

Bec3007

VIP Member
I have a rough plan in place with my partner. We are both mid 20’s. We were in the mortgage process when this all happened so that’s currently on hold until it’s all over. We are due to get married at the end of the year. There will be a second child in there somewhere after the wedding but we’ve decided that we want to travel as much as we can before our son starts school in 2022. We’ve spent a lot of time saving like mad with no holidays so when we’ve bought a house, we want to put the extra money into travelling.

Reactions: 2

NP

VIP Member
I think when I say wasted I mean, I could have saved more, travel more, I should have had more professional confidence.

In my 20ies, I got my bachelor's degree, my master's, my postgraduate diploma and had two great jobs. I'm still in my 2nd job... But I think I've wasted a lot of time too.
Sounds like you had a busy decade! I think you’ve set yourself up well for the future with what you have achieved so far.

Definitely can relate to not saving or travelling enough. I hope I can travel more once the children are older.

Strawberry-pot

Chatty Member
I’m 21 and a mum to a 3 year old and my 5 year plan is to finish uni and get a mortgage🤞🏼
What are you studying! Good for you, I started uni for nursing at 19 with a 6 month old.. best decision of my life.. met my now husband who’s in the army, had 2 more children. I hate having to move for his job but guess we get to see new places. Good luck x