Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Thump

VIP Member
These businesses that are complaining about the VAT increase are the same ones who were saying at the time it was cut that they couldn’t afford to reduce their prices. They clearly don’t understand the concept of vat. It’s not your money, it’s a tax you collect from customers and pass it on to the Collector General. It wasn’t their money to keep, they effectively just increased their price back then by keep the difference. Vat is an in and out transaction, you collect it from customers and you pass it on to CG. Your business is not viable if you cannot operate and make a required profit at a price your customers are willing to pay. Don’t be giving away free cakes and then expecting vat to make up the gap in your finances.

Reactions: 13

NoMoreSpotlight

VIP Member
She's not just a cake shop owner though, she wants to be an Instahun. Falling over Pippa & Doireann and getting the curly blow-dry into the icing when doing her lives. Nobody should be sending anyone nasty messages anywhere but you can't be a member of Tattle and bitch about the ones you personally don't like but then be judgy to other members for bitching about someone you like. Just jog on past the threads you're not interested in contributing to. And plenty of people on here including myself found her products over-rated and isn't that how business works, based on recommendations?

Reactions: 13

Sickofthissh1t

Chatty Member
Una has been very open about her struggles with an eating disorder and depression.She's out there giving it her best, and fair fucks to her!Her business is thriving.And so what if she made a cake for Pippa or any other celeb??Get a grip.
So in your first post you mention she is just a cake shop owner and shouldn't have a thread here, but then go on to tell us she has struggles with an eating disorder and depression... We all know what her mother and sisters look like. She shares details of her outfits, of her trips away, of her personal life. She has crossed the threshold from business woman to wannabe influencer long ago!

Reactions: 10
I thought the nationwide delivery was great as well and ordered some for my brother and his wife. I asked my brother about them and he said they never arrived. I emailed herself and she said the delivery company said they left them by the back door. My brother's house is semi-detached and has a garage attached to the other side, so you can't reach the backdoor unless you walk through the house or the garage. I asked my brother to check in the backgarden and the delivery person must have thrown the box of cakes over the garage (which is always locked). They were lying on the wet ground crushed in the backgarden and that was meant to be "courier delivered". I mean come on!

• Wow
Reactions: 10

youramuppet

Chatty Member
I cannot cope this one. She is so self obsessed. Comes on most days listing off all her jobs as if she's the only one that's busy. Then tears yesterday because she's stressed out over moving into her new home.
Yesterday's teary video was more because she forgot someones order but covered it up by spouting about the house, i bet it was an Instahuns cake she forgot tho...and she has an army of staff, so she's not as busy herself as she tries to make out

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Yeah I did. It would have been a good interview if Ryan let her speak. He shot her down completely when she was describing how she felt during those years. He told her she was making him uncomfortable which is bad form considering that was a point in her book, it's not just a cook book.
I disagree, Ryan was making efforts to stop her from glamourising suicide. Her delight at how wonderful she felt when once she had made that decision might be true for her, but it’s not something that people in a dark place should hear.

Sickofthissh1t

Chatty Member
Every Irish blogger ever:
Starts out small posting about one area
Builds a "wholesome relatable" image
Shares their personal life
Gets too big for their boots
Sells their soul

She's currently in the "gets too big for their boots" phase!

emma543

I’m not buying anything from her again , why does anyone with a business account feel the need to turn into a blogger … it’s damaging her brand page people follow her for her cupcakes and cakes not to see her #ootd on her “hot girl summer” girls trip

Reactions: 8

Dusty2020

VIP Member
I meant that it seemed like he had done the breaking up and now that they are back together she's there treating him
She’ll be a doormat for the rest of her life if that’s the way she lets him treat her, there’s a bit of a desperado about her too which is sad because she’ll let every future man do the same, let’s be honest we know it’s only a matter of time before he breaks up with her again

Reactions: 7
How is she making Carl mullans wedding cake this Friday from marbella? And also I doubt they booked it, 100% she offered to do it.

Madscone

VIP Member
Oh yes she is totally too sweet! Like her cakes! Over priced sugar!!! Have met her and she thinks she's the dog's bollox

• Haha

SavetheDrama

VIP Member
If she wants to be a lifestyle blogger why doesn’t she open a separate account…I know why, to leverage her existing following.
we showed up for the cakes, put the baps away 🤣
(Anyway as I said above would no longer recommend the cakes either)

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Quackers

VIP Member
Well the stuff will really be stale if it has to get to dublin from mullingar.

We laughed about it today in work as we’d “know” her one of the lads said I’d the announcement that she’s putting fresh stuff for sale. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha

youramuppet

Chatty Member
I think shes made a huge mistake, and id say shes knows it, but felt pressured, you would need to sell a hell of a lot of brownies etc to cover just your Rent in Dublin, no mind electric, heating, rates, stock, wages etc...

Lads the cake she made for MUA Michelle Fox looked like stacks of toilet roll. I also stopped in the shop on route to Dublin I’ve had nicer. Biscuit cake was ok but brownies - nope.

• Haha

Jg86

VIP Member
She comes across as very unprofessional and ditsy. The lack of hair nets freaks me out