2024 US Election

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you for that. He is a very good and decent man. The past 8 years have been brutal because of Trump and his sycophants. We’re in a fight for justice, freedom, and what is right and decent. Some don’t see what is happening or refuse to see it. It’s damn sick when a woman’s body is now being controlled by a bunch of misogynistic power hungry hypocrites. I fear going on outings now because I might get shot by some loon or teenager carrying a weapon of war. We have more guns than people now!. If Trump is elected there will be no more freedom. I can’t live in an autocracy.
Can I ask why you believe there will be no freedom in the US if Trump is elected?

Reactions: 1
Can I ask why you believe there will be no freedom in the US if Trump is elected?
Because he will be a dictator. He said as much himself. And most of the Republican Party and the Supreme Court are in bed with Putin. Their aim is to take away women’s rights to abortion, birth control, IVF, free and fair elections, Social Security, Medicare, and to put the safety of our country and our children at the bottom of the to do list. They won’t pass gun legislation because assault rifles bring in big money for them. It’s all about money and power. Trump loves and identifies with dictators. I’m completely devastated with the turn our country has taken. We are in very deep tit if the Supreme Court grants Trump immunity for his part in the January 6th insurrection. Look, I’ve been through a lot in my many years. The Cuban Missile Crisis, the John F. Kennedy Assassination, Vietnam War, Robert Kennedy’s Assassination, Watergate, etc.
Although I was a child I vividly remember as I have always been interested and involved in everything. Never have I been more afraid of the future. I have a terrible foreboding of doom. And no I’m not a soothsayer, just someone with a lifetime of experience.

Reactions: 4
I don’t understand Biden not throwing his weight behind a successor. When Obama asked him to be VP he replied that he’s 65 years old so Obama doesn’t need to worry about him eyeing the presidency, he just wants to be part of decision making. (It’s in one of hatehadars links a few posts back.) He knew even then that his age was an issue. It seems farcical to pretend it isn’t now. Trump isn’t that much younger but he seems sharper and isn’t as slow moving. That’s a big advantage right there. I really feel he’s dropped the ball and let the side down at a crucial point.

I don’t understand Biden not throwing his weight behind a successor. When Obama asked him to be VP he replied that he’s 65 years old so Obama doesn’t need to worry about him eyeing the presidency, he just wants to be part of decision making. (It’s in one of hatehadars links a few posts back.) He knew even then that his age was an issue. It seems farcical to pretend it isn’t now. Trump isn’t that much younger but he seems sharper and isn’t as slow moving. That’s a big advantage right there. I really feel he’s dropped the ball and let the side down at a crucial point.
Watch his state of the union address and you’ll see the real Biden. Not something the news media has focused on and exacerbated. Biden is a lifelong stutterer. He has courageously overcome it but of course it comes out at times. Trump is addicted to adderall, a prescription for ADHD. He is also a criminal who has caused so much suffering in my country for the past 8 years, trying to take away people’s healthcare, allowing brutal gun violence to take little children’s lives while they attempt to learn under the threat of being shot to death in their own classrooms! Have you ever read Sandy Hook? I challenge you to read it.
Furthermore Trump gave a huge tax break to the he wealthy during his administration while ignoring the middle class.
He is a monster and Biden is trying to stop him.
It takes a tremendous amount of money and time to run for president. And if you have any skeletons in your closet it will be exposed. Some people don’t want to do that. Trump doesn’t give a tit.

Would I prefer Biden to be younger? Of course I would! But not if it meant he lost his lifetime of experience.
This is my last post on this thread. I’m fed up trying to convince anyone here of the truth. I never realized how my allies? across the pond felt about my country and I’m sick of the insults. America is in a state of crisis and we are fighting for our democracy. None of this is a joke.

Watch his state of the union address and you’ll see the real Biden. Not something the news media has focused on and exacerbated. Biden is a lifelong stutterer. He has courageously overcome it but of course it comes out at times. Trump is addicted to adderall, a prescription for ADHD. He is also a criminal who has caused so much suffering in my country for the past 8 years, trying to take away people’s healthcare, allowing brutal gun violence to take little children’s lives while they attempt to learn under the threat of being shot to death in their own classrooms! Have you ever read Sandy Hook? I challenge you to read it.
Furthermore Trump gave a huge tax break to the he wealthy during his administration while ignoring the middle class.
He is a monster and Biden is trying to stop him.
It takes a tremendous amount of money and time to run for president. And if you have any skeletons in your closet it will be exposed. Some people don’t want to do that. Trump doesn’t give a tit.

Would I prefer Biden to be younger? Of course I would! But not if it meant he lost his lifetime of experience.
This is my last post on this thread. I’m fed up trying to convince anyone here of the truth. I never realized how my allies? across the pond felt about my country and I’m sick of the insults. America is in a state of crisis and we are fighting for our democracy. None of this is a joke.
Oh I agree with you 💯 , I’m just lamenting that Biden or the democrats as a whole didn't go with a younger candidate, I feel it would increase the chances. All democracies seem to be stuck in the mud, the U.K has been a shitshow for years and here in Israel it’s no better. It would be nice to see a shake up all over and fresh candidates all round.
---
I just saw his speech and he said ‘I pledge we will not rest until we bring everyone of your loved ones home’ and it brought a tear to my weary eye. God bless him, he’s a decent and good man he just has that sincerity that other politicians lack.

Last edited:
Not being from the US myself it does make one wonder how these two are the best choices to run for president in a population of that size. Then again, things aren't much better over here.

Reactions: 2
Not being from the US myself it does make one wonder how these two are the best choices to run for president in a population of that size. Then again, things aren't much better over here.
It takes a lot of money and connections to run for president. There are better people in both parties (and in the smaller parties, for that matter). But they don’t have the money or the connections to make it. I ran for office very locally. It wasn’t even at county level. My opponent (who won) was not necessarily the better candidate but she out-raised and out-spent me something like 10-1. She also had connections that I didn’t.

It takes a lot of money and connections to run for president. There are better people in both parties (and in the smaller parties, for that matter). But they don’t have the money or the connections to make it. I ran for office very locally. It wasn’t even at county level. My opponent (who won) was not necessarily the better candidate but she out-raised and out-spent me something like 10-1. She also had connections that I didn’t.
So basically the richest will pay for their preferred candidate who in turn will allow themselves to be lobbied by those same rich people in the future, is that about right? It's not a case of what you know but who you know then?

This might be the best thread, but that bridge collapse is not a huge surprise. The infrastructure here is absolutely dire and creaking at the seams, it's so much worse than European countries. Much of it is near the end of it's life after many years of patching things up. It's a (tragic) reminder of how bad things are and how much investment is needed.