Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sir Lancelot

VIP Member
Ok.
Here we have the current Top Ten leaderboard of celebrities with the most votes for 2024:

31 votes
Bruce Willis and Shannen Doherty

27 votes
Jonnie Irwin

26 votes
Britney Spears

25 votes
Linda Nolan

20 votes
Ozzy Osbourne

16 votes
Elton John

14 votes
Sir David 'Penguin Botherer' Attenborough

13 votes
Celine Dion

12 votes
Daniella Westbrook and Katie 'Skanky' Price

11 votes
Sir Alex Ferguson, Joe Biden, King Charles (the royal one, not a spaniel), Michael Caine and Rob Burrow

What is interesting is that the field is much wider for 2024, with 499 different celebrities nominated (compared to 385 for 2023).

We still have until December 18th to post votes/change your lists so get the lurkers and newbies involved!

I'll say it again, but thank you all for taking part in this dopey game!

(I'm sharing it here to save the chat on the 2024 Thread until January)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 41

Sir Lancelot

VIP Member
We're into the final month of the year and the competition is hotting up with a new first place! Which celebrity deaths will we have before the end of 2023 and will our current first place player remain on top?

Quick recap:

*We talked about which celebrities we'd bring back from the dead if we could

*We also talked about funeral songs, both suitable and non-suitable (Smoke Gets In Your Eyes for a cremation, etc)

*Someone who owned a shop in Ireland died and receieved a collective shrug of 'Who?' from most of us

*Big thanks to @TruthTeller1036 for their support!

*Thanks to algorithms, a lot of us have been getting weird Cliff-themed (and Dick themed) gift suggestions online

*Mrs Jimmy Carter died. Nul points

*Actor Joss Ackland died. Nul points

*Actress Suzanne Shepherd died. Nul points

*Barack Obama's chef died in suspicious circumstances. Nul points

*Stretching the limits of celebrity, Sara Tavares, a singer who competed at the Eurovision Song Contest in 1994, died. Nul points

*We reminded ourselves that Cliff likes to wear outfits made from human skin. Nobody questions this

*We remembered that there are two Simon Cowells (not through cloning) neither of which are dead

*Harry Styles shaved his hair off so we naturally presumed he was dying

*Harry's angry Mummy then went online and said people were being mean about her baby. She is not allowed on The List

*Cliff feels he can do what he likes now he is ancient and looks like a tortoise and so he called Elvis fat which, although technically correct, was a bit mean and deserves a kick in the shin

*@thenorthremembers went to see Josh Homme live and did not manage to sexually assault him

*More nul point-ers died

*Posh tennis lady Annabel Giles died. Nul points

*Lots of 2024 List discussions took place

*Carrot Top is terrifying and Steve-O set own his head on fire, as you do

*We got Ian 'Lost Prophets' Watkins and Ian 'H From Steps' Watkins confused

*Sir Lancelot had to state the 2024 rules about five thousand times

*Murdering fuck nugget Oscar Pistorius was from paroled

*The Pope got flu but the will of God and probable transfusions of choir boy blood must have cured him

*Terry Venables died. Nul points

*Geordie Walker from the band Killing Joke died. Nul points

*We chatted a lot about prescription drugs and more nonsense. We're all falling apart

*RIP Henry Kissinger

*RIP Shane MacGowan, putting @Flowerpotgirl into first place!

*2024 voting began (after an initial panic) on a new thread

Now, on we go...
---
@Kiwi_kween Welcome, lurker. Good list!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35

SmillieKylie

VIP Member
Poet Benjamin Zephaniah has passed away aged 65
Oh No, I love Benjamin Zephaniah, he used to pop up on kids shoes with his poetry when I was little. A fascinating man of colour, he was a bit of an inspiration to me a little Indian girl. loved hearing his words. Followed his life and words ever since those days, he’d say he’s an anarchist, and deliver it with that wonderful smile he had. How sad, only 65, just read a brain tumour diagnosed only 8 weeks ago. Gee Reaper is taking too many of my favs recently, start taking the horrible people, there are plenty of them around.

Rest In Power Benjamin 💔

C5D7EDC3-D85D-4253-BDAA-173B4E8FC356.png

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 28

ItsDatCuw

VIP Member
Johnny Depp is in Ireland right now for SG’s funeral. He’s in my friend’s town and apparently, he looks like a corpse in person. 👀

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 27

kurtCobainsguitar

VIP Member
@kurtCobainsguitar what have I done with Smokey lol.
I just love him 😫😫😫
---
Nul points
---
@kurtCobainsguitar Welcome back and thanks for submitting your list!
---
@ChickenPie Thanks for your list and welcome!
I cant believe a cat ( RIP Elvis ) has completely fucked my mental health! My (armchair/internet ) physiatrist thinks its linked to watching my dad die when i was young... Held back/ suppressed grief etc.... ANYWAY... im getting there ...
Sorry about that... TMI 🙄😫

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

Sir Lancelot

VIP Member
The 2024 thread so far has 1,123 individual votes.
Not bad going, considering the 2023 thread only had 1,272 individual votes and we still have 15 days of voting left!
So, come on lurkers and newbies. Get your votes in!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 25

TruthTeller1036

VIP Member
I just saw a video of Macauley Culkin getting his star on the walk of fame, he looks incredibly well. Healthiest I’ve ever seen him looking. Really think his wife has made a huge difference❤

• Heart
Reactions: 24

MLE007

VIP Member
Tom Jones is ALWAYS playing at my place of work. I'm fucking sick of hearing his stupid fucking songs. I'll quite possibly die of happiness when he finally fucks off down to hell
It's not unusual to feel like that

• Haha

SmillieKylie

VIP Member
I’m starting to think my partner is some sort of celebrity reaper. When he was on an NCIS binge Ducky died, and now he’s on a Bones binge. I hope he selects his next binge before the voting for 2024 closes.
It’s a very big ask, but can your partner binge watch all the Katie Price junk TV stuff, I know it’s a terrible thing to ask of anyone, as anything she has ever done is completely unwatchable and very bad for your health, but your partner does appear to be taking people out by watching stuff, and she really has to go now. Asking for a friend……and me x

• Haha
  • Heart

Sir Lancelot

VIP Member
Has this turned into More! magazine and their sex advice?
Cut it out.
Unless it's about licking a dead fanny or something to keep it on brand.

• Haha

Sir Lancelot

VIP Member
Honestly I get breaking news alerts of people dying and my first thought is ‘nul points’ poor Ryan
Spend enough time on here and you'll be thinking 'nul points' when a distant family member or friend dies... which has happened to me several times.

• Haha
Reactions: 23

Sir Lancelot

VIP Member
Didn’t David Jason play Santa’s assistant in Terry Pratchett’s The Hogfather, alongside Death? Sort of like an adjasont adjacent to Santa then? 🤔
No.
He played Albert, Death's Assistant.
In another, he played Rincewind.
He is not Santa adjacent.

However, his brother did play a role but not as an assistant to the Hogfather (the Santa of Discworld). He worked for the Tooth Fairy.
---
Tony the Tiger is fictional. Santa is REAL.
Right.
1) Santa would only be worth one point
2) I refuse to celebrate the death of Santa
3) This is not a conversation I expected to be having

• Haha

Sir Lancelot

VIP Member
Oh No, I love Benjamin Zephaniah, he used to pop up on kids shoes with his poetry when I was little. A fascinating man of colour, he was a bit of an inspiration to me a little Indian girl. loved hearing his words. Followed his life and words ever since those days, he’d say he’s an anarchist, and deliver it with that wonderful smile he had. How sad, only 65, just read a brain tumour diagnosed only 8 weeks ago. Gee Reaper is taking too many of my favs recently, start taking the horrible people, there are plenty of them around.

Rest In Power Benjamin 💔

View attachment 2615312
I'm lucky enough to have had quite a few chats with him and he was always lovely, funny and genuinely listened to what you would say. He'll be missed.

• Heart

Serene Serena

VIP Member
We can’t even get the names for the entire year never mind specific dates, the whole of 2024 would just be a big fat nul points!
Tom Jones 01/01/2024 - death by poisoning, source unknown, may have been guest at Serena's NYE party, seeing as they have being Welsh in common
Jeremy Cunt Clarkson - 02/01/2024 - death by machete wielded by an unknown assailant (bearing a marked resemblance to @Phil Anne Throw Pee)
Harry Styles' mam - 03/01/2024 - NUL POINTS
Alice Fucking Evans - 04/01/2024 - death by frenzied wild cat attack, cats trained by @JoJo76
Gary Glitter - 05/01/2024 - death by multiple attackers, possibly co-ordinated by the entire Tattle Death Pool membership

That's my prediction for a happy New Year :D

• Haha