1st year uni/halls. What to take?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
learning to cook is one of those rights of passage at uni. They don’t have a choice so they will work it out! Might not be the most desirable food to ever grace the earth but it will be edible and they won’t starve!! 👍
😁 I know 👍 and as far as I’m aware none of my others suffered food poisoning so they coped .

This one’s more upset at leaving the cats , he loves them more than he loves me🙄.

Reactions: 2
We each had a cupboard which I locked when i went.. then we each had a cage which went in fridge and freezer which again you could lock.

Reactions: 1
Take a heavy duty laundry bag because chances are they would need to carry laundry down stairs, corridors, across courtyards etc to get to the washer dryers. I broke many a bag until I got my act together. Typically a kitchen in halls would mean you get a shelf each in the fridge, and freezer, and cupboard. I recommend keeping dry stuffs like cereal in the bedroom, some uni flatmates are great and all cook meals together, and some just wanna do their own thing. I didn't experience it but friends did find some of their snacks went missing. Keep the expensive stuff in room (protein powders if applicable).

My youngest is off in September 😢. Learning how to budget is a must as we are paying for most of his accommodation and living costs. We made him sign up for a Monzo debit card which we can top up weekly ( don’t trust paying him monthly!) Fantastic idea and the card is accepted everywhere.
Also if they are sharing a bathroom then flip flops/ sliders are a MUST 😷......

Loads of washing powder tablets, cleaning supplies and toiletries ! Because when you are shopping on a budget those things come last

Loads of washing powder tablets, cleaning supplies and toiletries ! Because when you are shopping on a budget those things come last
My two have been through uni. I found the best idea was to do a big shop with them at the beginning of every term. All the laundry and cleaning supplies were bought then.

The two things we forgot when we went was a chopping board. I literally bought & packed everything. Thought there is nothing I had forgotten. However when we got there I forgot a chopping board. Plus the kitchen they have is south facing and it was boiling in there so hubby got in the car while I was chatting with her and her flat mates and he went and got them a floor standing fan. Also once you get there maybe some bottles of water. My daughter tap literally does not go cold enough. So hubby also went and got them bottles of water. When I go up next I am taking a brita water jug for them. She shares with three other girls who now I have taken under my wing 😂