1000-lb Sisters

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Just found this online, I'm shocked she has bipolar but am glad she's medicated. Just seems sad that she's no longer bothering about her weight - it's horribly easy to bugger the surgery up if you want to. A relative had a gastric band that worked for a few years but then she started overeating again and burst it. So she had a gastric sleeve and lost 5 stone, but she's now cheating by eating lots of jelly sweets and blending takeaways :sick: she's lost a lot of hair, had serious dental issues and looks so horribly unwell because she's basically malnourished from all the crap she eats. It's not the answer that people think it is.
Absolutely. A lot of people fail to address the root cause of why they over-eat and see WLS as a sticking plaster. Therapy alongside and post-surgery is crucial but doesn't seem to happen a lot, especially when people are travelling abroad.

A relative of mine had a gastric sleeve around 18 months ago and she's lost over eight stone. I was there for the surgery and it was no walk in the park, she was in agony for days and she has a high pain tolerance.

She can still only manage very small portions and there are some foods she just can't eat or she'll vomit it straight back up. She has to wait 30 minutes between eating and drinking or she's sick. Sometimes one of her safe foods suddenly makes her ill and she goes all pale, sweaty and dizzy. I've heard people say WLS is cheating or the easy way out, but it's realistically not.

As we've seen with Amy, you can have WLS and gain weight again, or fail to lose weight if you don't follow the rules. I hope she can start making some positive changes now she's away from Michael, but I won't hold my breath! 🙈

Reactions: 3
Amy hasn’t been concerned about her weight loss since she had the second child. Once she got what she wanted she stopped caring. There’s always an excuse around it too- she’s pregnant and wants to enjoy her pregnancy, she’s overworked with little kids and isn’t eating well, now she is using her mental health as an excuse.
if she was feeding the kids properly, she could just eat what they are having. But you know it’s just microwave food and stuff from tins. She isn’t doing them any favors.
it makes me both sad and angry that those kids are being dragged up by her. She was so worried she would be a bad mom and she is a TERRIBLE mother. Just like the one she grew up with.

Reactions: 6
I would really like to know what exactly amy does all day . hell what tammy does all day because their homes are so unkept . I cringed when tammy had the baby on her lap and the two foot tall bin was right in front of her at the couch. they may have lost a lot of weight but they arent changing a lot of their living habits.
I think amy is depressed and looking for excuses to not do what is too hard. I dont think she has nanny kind of money. they dont live in a fancy house or community etc.

I m not entirely sure i agree with the approach her family is taking but I am glad they see that she needs help. I think she needs a therapist and maybe a routine that involves time for herself and self care and then she may be able to deal with the boys easier. it is all on her but she has to accept that and do it.

I would really like to know what exactly amy does all day . hell what tammy does all day because their homes are so unkept . I cringed when tammy had the baby on her lap and the two foot tall bin was right in front of her at the couch. they may have lost a lot of weight but they arent changing a lot of their living habits.
I think amy is depressed and looking for excuses to not do what is too hard. I dont think she has nanny kind of money. they dont live in a fancy house or community etc.

I m not entirely sure i agree with the approach her family is taking but I am glad they see that she needs help. I think she needs a therapist and maybe a routine that involves time for herself and self care and then she may be able to deal with the boys easier. it is all on her but she has to accept that and do it.
Two possibilities:

1) they exhibit extreme dopamine seeking behaviours, it wouldnt be a stretch to assume neurodivergence, in particular adhd, which also comes with executive dysfunction and demand avoidance as standard, so the lack of dopamine may be causing dysregulation aka unable to bring themselves to do housework

2)those bones don’t stop creaking/hurting the minute the scales get lighter, they will still be aching, in pain and very tired, housework is behind preparing fresh food on the priorities list

Reactions: 5
Two possibilities:

1) they exhibit extreme dopamine seeking behaviours, it wouldnt be a stretch to assume neurodivergence, in particular adhd, which also comes with executive dysfunction and demand avoidance as standard, so the lack of dopamine may be causing dysregulation aka unable to bring themselves to do housework

2)those bones don’t stop creaking/hurting the minute the scales get lighter, they will still be aching, in pain and very tired, housework is behind preparing fresh food on the priorities list
They have energy for dining out and long road trips though. They do girlie nights ( face masks , paint pic frames ) escape rooms etc . They can pick up a little imo. If they can't or wont they need to make sure it happens for the boys at least . I absolutely dont doubt they are in pain and have other issues.

Reactions: 2
They have energy for dining out and long road trips though. They do girlie nights ( face masks , paint pic frames ) escape rooms etc . They can pick up a little imo. If they can't or wont they need to make sure it happens for the boys at least . I absolutely dont doubt they are in pain and have other issues.
Admittedly I’m not up to date so might be wrong here but I think some of that’s for camera though. If they just sat on their arses watching TV, there’d be nothing to film. I find Amy amusing and likable (more so previously) but they’re also very manipulative and not as stupid as they play up to. They do what they need to do to keep the show going.

Reactions: 1
Admittedly I’m not up to date so might be wrong here but I think some of that’s for camera though. If they just sat on their arses watching TV, there’d be nothing to film. I find Amy amusing and likable (more so previously) but they’re also very manipulative and not as stupid as they play up to. They do what they need to do to keep the show going.
Oh yes , a lot of it is for the camera. On the Discovery App where i watch their show , they have this section of 'extras" and its all tit like amy and tammy cooking something healthy , or doing a craft . tit they wouldnt do normally.

Reactions: 4
Even with the weight they've lost, they are both hugely overweight. And don't appear to eat well. They've done massive damage to their joints/bones with the weight they've carried for years, and I doubt their internal organs are working that great. Any physical activity like housework isn't familiar to them at all. Unless they've got cameras filming, I bet they do nothing at all other than sit.

Reactions: 4
The latest updates that I have seen:

Amanda may be moving to Florida permanently with her new man

Amy has a new bf named Kevin, who is bizarre and sketchy and is another big smoker-possibly indoors with the kids

Amy has been doing online mental health and may not have actually been properly diagnosed by a doctor

Tammy is cruising along and kicking ass-she has become the stable one

They haven’t been able to concretely confirm another season, but filming is apparently happening

I think that’s it for now.

Tammy is cruising along and kicking ass-she has become the stable one
It’s crazy how they both seem to be quite sweet, funny girls but have zero coping mechanisms beyond food and no emotional regulation.
The producers did well to find them really. It makes you wonder who they could have been with a better upbringing/environment.

• Heart
I am so glad to have found this thread, I started watching this last summer and was hooked

It’s one of those shows you can’t explain to people cos it’s so tit it’s good. But once you start watching you can’t stop 😂 they’ll really make a tv show about anything

it just blows my mind how all the siblings can struggle so much with their weight! Especially Amanda who, if she could would probably have the surgery every 10 years, just to avoid diet and exercise. I know the mum was on some really early episodes but she’s nowhere to be seen now

I do hope Amy finds some happiness and Tammy keeps heading in the direction she is

Reactions: 5