Pregnancy #58

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m really struggling with what to do as well, we are very lucky I can take 12 months off work and then hope to go back part time. I WFH full time and can be really flexible with it. My husband does too but also travels with work a few times a month. My in laws live about 5 mins away and would always offer to help. I don’t want to put baby into any kind of daycare/nursery unless I need to and it feels like a waste of money. I’d quite like baby to go to some kind of cute nursery school but they need to be 18-24 months to go to those. I’m not sure if we can muddle through for 6 months or if it’ll just be crazy trying to actually work and not have any formal daycare arrangements…
---

It’ll be amazing and wonderful 💖💖💖
Ah I know what you mean my mum's been the main care for all my nieces and nephews and they're all in full time school now so she had loads of time for my son, but there are odd days where she's been unavailable and we've had to muddle through it, we both work for the same company so both have pretty understanding managers that occasionally we'll be away from the computer but those days deffo aren't easy!
Obv depending on what the company you work for is like and what your actual job is dictates everything!
If you can lean on grandparents a bit though I deffo would, my mums a God send then my partners mum has my son overnight sometimes and it's just so good for us! We are SO lucky though

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Thank you! I appreciate it. He’s quite good in the sense he isn’t really willing to settle until that’s possible for us, whether it’s a salary increase at this one or a new job. And the lazy girl in me cannot WAIT to cut down to four days a week at work which is also happening on my return to work as promised.

Have many people changed their working pattern after having kids? I just can’t go back on five. It’s not in the plans for me. The idea is that I’m actually going to leave my job too, and find one that’s a lot less effort on four days a week. The dream would be something term time only, but that might be pushing the boat a little bit straight away. Ah, just make me a full time housewife already Mr Laugh.
I changed to 4 days a week so had a Friday off. Now I’m part time Mon-Fri 09:30-2:30. I’ll probably go back to 3 or 4 days a week after this baby as the part time Mon-Fri isn’t much better than full time! My husband has just started his own company so hopefully that all goes well and I’ll be able to be off longer.
we are lucky we have my MIL for child care, but she takes my toddler to work with her. I wanted him to be able to go to little clubs and stuff not go to work with her!

I was doing full time hours over 4 days before maternity (well, before going off sick most of my pregnancy!) but hoping I can go back on 3. I’ve just had a pay rise which should make that possible and a bonus that means I can probably take an extra month at the end of my maternity and then with holiday on top it should take it to a year off 🤞🏼 i already don’t want to go back though

• Heart
Reactions: 5
had my booking at 10 weeks and my 12 week scan at hospital but then my rest will be with community as I’m out of area!
I’m out of area for mine too - do you have your notes?
my booking appointment came through by post as did my scan - then between bloods and scan they text me to come in for my notes.
So then when I took my notes to my scan (mine are physical not digital) when I went down for the blood test following the scan they wrote my next appointment (16 weeks) in there for me. Then since then all mine have been booked at an appointment for the next one.
I also know people who have the notes by app say they never get notified of their appointments they just have to scroll through there to find it.

Reactions: 1
I was doing full time hours over 4 days before maternity (well, before going off sick most of my pregnancy!) but hoping I can go back on 3. I’ve just had a pay rise which should make that possible and a bonus that means I can probably take an extra month at the end of my maternity and then with holiday on top it should take it to a year off 🤞🏼 i already don’t want to go back though
Our plan is for me to stop working and be a stay at home mum. That is if all things financially continue as is. I’m looking forward to it but I have never been dependent on anyone else for money before so that’s going to be strange. I also only set up my own business a year and a half ago and it’s super successful. I work from home so I think I might be able to take in on project a year to keep my eye in. But definitely not even thinking of going back to work till mid next year.. so lucky that we can do it and slide that if it is necessary I can just ho back to a job I love

Reactions: 3
Scan went great!! It’s so amazing how much they grow in just a week or so! Both babies doing great, confirmed fraternal twins (as expected) official due date is 1st Dec but will more than likely be a 37w c section. @aggytha are you having a section?

Oh my god, I guess now we need to tell people, what a minefield this is going to be 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Scan went great!! It’s so amazing how much they grow in just a week or so! Both babies doing great, confirmed fraternal twins (as expected) official due date is 1st Dec but will more than likely be a 37w c section. @aggytha are you having a section?

Oh my god, I guess now we need to tell people, what a minefield this is going to be 😂
Ah I’m so glad the scan went well! So exciting! Your journey is so amazing so far will only get better too 🥰

• Heart

Ahhh so exciting!! 🥰

• Heart

Yay!! Amazing news!

And yes! I am booked in for 37+2! I had an emergency c-sec with my first and have had quite a few health complications (pre-existing heart issues, thyroid problems etc!) so was quite an easy decision for me. I have no desire to attempt to push two babies out when I pushed for 2 hours with my first and was ultimately unsuccessful 🤣 there’s lots of info on birth preferences and statistics on the Twins Trust website if you didn’t already know 🥰

• Heart
Just had an appointment with my consultant, she had moved my c-section date forward due to my anxieties and agreed to sterilisation!
All in all a very good day 🎉

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Yay!! Amazing news!

And yes! I am booked in for 37+2! I had an emergency c-sec with my first and have had quite a few health complications (pre-existing heart issues, thyroid problems etc!) so was quite an easy decision for me. I have no desire to attempt to push two babies out when I pushed for 2 hours with my first and was ultimately unsuccessful 🤣 there’s lots of info on birth preferences and statistics on the Twins Trust website if you didn’t already know 🥰
Ah amazing thank you. My first was an emergency section and second an elective section so these will definitely be exiting in the same way! Will check out that website though 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Ah amazing thank you. My first was an emergency section and second an elective section so these will definitely be exiting in the same way! Will check out that website though 🥰
Random question - will Mum and Dad both be allowed in theatre with you under the circumstances? I don’t know how it works 😅

Random question - will Mum and Dad both be allowed in theatre with you under the circumstances? I don’t know how it works 😅
I’m not 100% sure, I’ve floated the question a couple of times but nobody will commit to an answer so I’ll ask the consultant when I have an appointment with them

• Heart
Woohoo first Facebook marketplace item acquired, a good as new snuzpod 4 for £50. I feel like I've peaked at being a grown up now 😆

Also, I was in Asda for the first time in ages earlier and they have some really lovely baby clothes in at the moment. Definitely worth checking!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
That reminds me - re secondhand sleep spaces. You’re advised to buy a new mattress for second hand products but would you bother if the mattress was never used by the previous owner? How do you guys interpret this? It’s not that expensive to buy another one but equally, it’s a waste if it’s totally unnecessary?
IMG_4085.jpeg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.