Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #11

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone have any tips for eyebrow products, I have dark hair naturally but my eyes brows are basically see through!! Tinting them doesn't work well for me, never seems to take and I feel like over the years I've just never found that one product I swear by.

Does anyone have any tips for eyebrow products, I have dark hair naturally but my eyes brows are basically see through!! Tinting them doesn't work well for me, never seems to take and I feel like over the years I've just never found that one product I swear by.
Have you tried using Just for Men to tint them?

Ooohh no, I used to use normal women's hair dye when I was getting rid of my greys and it never stuck, do you find Just For Men better?
I love that it's not messy and that it doesn't stain the surrounding skin! I'd say it lasts well for about 2 weeks on me so not quite as long lasting but it only takes 10 minutes to develop so I don't mind doing it more often.
I've started tracing round my eyebrow shape with a cotton bud and it gives a lovely sharp shape.

Reactions: 2
Just looking for some advice fashion wise. I’m a plus size (16-18uk) and going on an abroad hen do. Tend to do lots of city breaks where this will be more beach/pool side, any recs were to get nice outfits that won’t break the bank?

Just looking for some advice fashion wise. I’m a plus size (16-18uk) and going on an abroad hen do. Tend to do lots of city breaks where this will be more beach/pool side, any recs were to get nice outfits that won’t break the bank?
I’m larger than you (18-20) but I have some great summer holiday dresses from H&M and SHEIN, it used to be a bit easier to search by fabric type but you can get linen, viscose and cotton stuff from them amongst the sea of frightfully sweaty polyester stuff. I’ve just bought some fab pull on viscose trousers from H&M, they have pockets and come in a tonne of colours. I have some shorts and linen trousers from ‘You Know Who’s’ which sells dead stock from other brands. I also search eBay for bits and pieces, too!

Chub rub is a perpetual problem for me, and whilst the Snag tights chub rub shorts were great in the UK, their being nylon/polyester when I was in a hot country was disastrous for me. So I bought these boxer short things from Step One which are made of natural fibres. They do ride up a bit where the snag ones don’t but they don’t rip my skin to shreds when I get sweaty in plastic-based fabrics!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Did anyone try the Aldi's colour wow spray dupe when it was in stores before? I see it's coming back plus a dupe of the volumiser and something else

Reactions: 1
Did anyone try the Aldi's colour wow spray dupe when it was in stores before? I see it's coming back plus a dupe of the volumiser and something else
Yeh, the curly one and the regular one. Not really used the regular one as I don’t blow dry my hair straight. Use the curly one as I’m trying to wear my hair natural. Ive never tried the real deal one for curly hair, but the Aldi one is good. Genuinely use it on 1 wash and don’t need to apply for a few washes after. Was it featured in the special buys mag last week? My store didn’t have any 😢

Yeh, the curly one and the regular one. Not really used the regular one as I don’t blow dry my hair straight. Use the curly one as I’m trying to wear my hair natural. Ive never tried the real deal one for curly hair, but the Aldi one is good. Genuinely use it on 1 wash and don’t need to apply for a few washes after. Was it featured in the special buys mag last week? My store didn’t have any 😢
Okay thanks good to know, worth a try then! I think it's meant to be in from the 5th may maybe

You’ve convinced me. I’m getting it! 🥰 I’ve got to try the elf clout pout now! How’s the fluid sheer? Worth it?

Missed you guys 🥹 omg yes I love this question 😂

• Aveeno oat gel moisturiser - is okay…apparently it’s a dupe of the Tatcha water cream, I haven’t tried it, but this is an alright moisturiser. It’s almost gel like, sinks into the skin beautifully, but I just prefer a thicker moisturiser (like Nivea lol). Okay for the price, not much in the pot

• Sol de janeiro delicia drench body butter - smells heavenly, I much prefer the thicker texture of this one, compared to their other creams

• Haus labs hybrid lip glaze - I got the shade guava and it is stunningggggg. Literally I’ve had 4 compliments whilst wearing this. It’s so comfortable, it doesn’t feel thin or watery, but feels very soft and comfortable. Purchasing in multiple shades asap

• Kayali oudgasm rose oud perfume - this is really nice, it’s a good blend of rose and oud, but a bit heavier on the oud. Good projection and lasting power

• Clinique take the day off cleansing balm - guys I was an Elemis girl through and through, until I tried this. Don’t get me wrong, the Elemis is still amazing and the smell is gorgeous, but the Clinique is sliiiiightly better because I prefer the texture and it doesn’t irritate my contact lenses. I’ll be purchasing this one from now on. It doesn’t smell like anything

That’s all for now 🌚 I’m sure I’ll make a Sephora order tonight and have more unsolicited reviews coming soon 😛
I've just bought the lip glaze off the back of this post. Plus a lip oil, foundation and concealer. Got a free £40 highlighter with my order 😲 excited for it to come. I think the free gift was because I did the foundation match quiz and entered my email.

I used to spend a lot on make up but in recent years just lost the urge and was short on cash, so happy to be getting back into it.
---
I'd love recommendations for a lovely summery perfume.

I've just bought the lip glaze off the back of this post. Plus a lip oil, foundation and concealer. Got a free £40 highlighter with my order 😲 excited for it to come. I think the free gift was because I did the foundation match quiz and entered my email.

I used to spend a lot on make up but in recent years just lost the urge and was short on cash, so happy to be getting back into it.
---
I also bought the foundation! Only tried it once but it was nice. My absolute holy grail foundation is the Charlotte tilbury beautiful skin. Armani luminous silk is a close second but I don’t wear it as much because I think the shade is slightly too dark for me ☹

I hope you love the lip glaze! Which highlighter did you get? They do a nice shade called “rose quartz” I’ve seen some people use it as a blush topper

I’m not huge on summery perfumes, I’m usually more into heavy, oud perfumes with rose notes, or very sweet, powdery perfumes.

However, 2 perfumes I wear a lot in summer are Chanel Gabrielle and Chanel mademoiselle. But if I had to choose my favourite summer perfume of all time it would be PDM Meliora. I only had a sample of it and couldn’t justify the price for how little I’d wear it, but I do miss it ☹

This is excellent, do it the night before, shower the next morning as it looks so settled

• Heart
I also bought the foundation! Only tried it once but it was nice. My absolute holy grail foundation is the Charlotte tilbury beautiful skin. Armani luminous silk is a close second but I don’t wear it as much because I think the shade is slightly too dark for me ☹

I hope you love the lip glaze! Which highlighter did you get? They do a nice shade called “rose quartz” I’ve seen some people use it as a blush topper

I’m not huge on summery perfumes, I’m usually more into heavy, oud perfumes with rose notes, or very sweet, powdery perfumes.

However, 2 perfumes I wear a lot in summer are Chanel Gabrielle and Chanel mademoiselle. But if I had to choose my favourite summer perfume of all time it would be PDM Meliora. I only had a sample of it and couldn’t justify the price for how little I’d wear it, but I do miss it ☹
Yep all my perfumes are very heavy too, love oud etc, as well as my all time favourite which is the discontinued kingdom by Alexander mcqueen, although I have found a similar perfume - santal cardomome by fragonard.

Thank you, will check that perfume out.

The highlighter is moonstone.

• Heart

---
I’ve become obsessed with the M&S perfumes. Most of them are dupes and they’re cheap! Go have a smell and see what takes your fancy 😊

Reactions: 7
Can anyone recommend a mask or something that would be good for a dry scalp?
My hair is bleached and I use silver shampoo so I think this is the reason for the dryness.
I get a base colour too so I believe I can’t use a head & shoulders type thing as it strips the colour.

It’s been recommended that I change to Maria Nila shampoo & conditioner so I’ve ordered that but think I really need something to help my scalp too.
Any advice would be much appreciated. TIA

Do you have tips for applying the foundation? I usually just use my fingers for application.

Do you have tips for applying the foundation? I usually just use my fingers for application.
I used to use a beauty blender, and blend from the centre of my face outwards, and not put too much on the under eye area because I find if I put foundation and then concealer, it creases a lot easier.

But lately I’ve been using a foundation brush. I’m going to invest in the hourglass one though, it looks incredible 🙂

Can anyone recommend a mask or something that would be good for a dry scalp?
My hair is bleached and I use silver shampoo so I think this is the reason for the dryness.
I get a base colour too so I believe I can’t use a head & shoulders type thing as it strips the colour.

It’s been recommended that I change to Maria Nila shampoo & conditioner so I’ve ordered that but think I really need something to help my scalp too.
Any advice would be much appreciated. TIA
Maria Nils is a great choice, which one did you get? The Head and Hair Heal mask is a bit spenny, but exactly what you’re looking for! It’s for dry scalps and doesn’t interfere with hair color.
The green structure repair series is also great, I’ve recommended it here a couple of time. Especially the mask, I like using a tiny tiny amount as a leave in.

• Heart