Thyroid

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for your reply. I’m annoyed that the receptionist essentially diagnosed her which I’m sure they’re not allowed to do so I’ll definitely be mentioning that when I see the doctor. She has lots of issues which is why we had the bloods so under active thyroid would explain 99.9% of them.

Thanks for settling my mind until we see the doctor ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Thanks for your reply. I’m annoyed that the receptionist essentially diagnosed her which I’m sure they’re not allowed to do so I’ll definitely be mentioning that when I see the doctor. She has lots of issues which is why we had the bloods so under active thyroid would explain 99.9% of them.

Thanks for settling my mind until we see the doctor ☺
To be fair, she didn't diagnose her, she just told you there was an issue with her thyroid based on the blood results. That's normal information to give out.

I hope your daughter is treated in a swift and suitable manner and recovers well. Thyroid conditions can be so brutal.

Normally they will repeat the test at a later date, if it's the first to show something, as some things can influence the test but that would be more for TSH levels. I guess it will also depend of the reference ranges in your area.
I orginally had middle range TSH but low T4 and after a few test showing the same and a positive antibody test I was started on Levothyroxine, hope your daughter gets everything sorted.

Hoping for a bit of advice before I start googling and driving myself insane.
My 13yr old daughter had some blood tests and when I rung for results the GP receptionist said that “there’s an issue with her thyroid and that she’s anaemic” and that we need to book an appointment to see the GP. I can see in the app the results and free T4 was 10.7 and her TSH was 2.8. Her HB and Ferritin are also low - HB 107 and Ferritin 2.

The anemia isn’t really anything new although it’s definitely worse than it was but the thyroid thing is what’s throwing me off. Does anyone have any suggestions what those results could mean as well not be able to get an appointment for a day or 2
The day or two delay shouldn’t make a difference! I was about her age when diagnosed, apparently puberty can trigger something or other to be out of balance hormonally. Just make sure they don’t fob you off with that though and have them investigate fully (maybe ask for an antibody test if not already done - unlikely to be hashimoto’s but that’s what I had and luckily my gp was on the ball). If the anemia is down to periods or anything like that then it might be affected by her thyroid and medication too so just keep an eye out.

have them keep on top of her bloods too, I had tests every three months or so to see if the levo dose needed adjusting, and one every year to keep on top of it. on a positive note she’ll get free prescriptions 😅

Reactions: 3
Hoping for a bit of advice before I start googling and driving myself insane.
My 13yr old daughter had some blood tests and when I rung for results the GP receptionist said that “there’s an issue with her thyroid and that she’s anaemic” and that we need to book an appointment to see the GP. I can see in the app the results and free T4 was 10.7 and her TSH was 2.8. Her HB and Ferritin are also low - HB 107 and Ferritin 2.

The anemia isn’t really anything new although it’s definitely worse than it was but the thyroid thing is what’s throwing me off. Does anyone have any suggestions what those results could mean as well not be able to get an appointment for a day or 2
When you’re with the GP ask them to do a thyroid antibody test, Hashimotos is the leading cause of thyroid disease