The Anna Edit #26 All dressed up to go to the kitchen

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It makes me quite sad to think how many people despite everything still look up to Anna and see her as a kind of friend. And she tries her hardest to come across as this caring, helpful person who is building an online community of good vibes only. Many of her followers would probably be quite shocked to find out exactly how much she's raking in from the aff links, sponsored posts etc, because I think there's still a lot of naivety surrounding influencers. And people like Anna continue to cash in on that naivety. But many followers who are a bit more clued up will say they think Anna deserves it because she's worked so hard to get where she's at and they're just women supporting women, i.e. they've completely bought into Anna's culture of toxic positivity.

ETA: the fact that many of her followers ask for more Mark content and consider Anna and Mark couple goals also troubles me 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
God. How many times is she going to pass off the Guinness cake recipe as her own?!

And how many times in her latest vlog did she say she was going to make the cream cheese icing for the carrot cake? She sounded like she was glitching. And then she didn't have any cream so couldn't make it anyway 😂 Come on Mark! Do better with the editing!

Get ready, friends. Another video full of styling ideas for situations you and I would just chuck on some jeans and a shirt for coming at us! And the BTS of her "styling"? HILARIOUS.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
That whole segment where she talks abt the digital wardrobe and styling services boggled my mind, am I the only one?

I love to shop and quick browsing ard Massimo Dutti, COS, etc and trying on new clothes makes me happy
But I would have to quit my full time job in order to document every outfit combo or record every item in my wardrobe using the app.
Who has that much time and desire to do this to themselves? And on top of that pay real money some idiot like Anne to teach me how to style the clothes that I BOUGHT.
Someone called her out in the comments (abt her seeking advice from Alison Bornstein and here she is charging for styling others) and the responses from the Anne cult are ferocious.

None of this makes any sense to me.

Reactions: 19
My fave comment from the last video is "wow them eyebrows are eyebrowing" 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Influencers constantly backslapping eachother is so cringe. You're a genius! No, YOU'RE a genius! The way you've paired those oversized jeans with a grey jumper, chef's kiss! 🤣

One of the other influencers on that website where you can buy yourself a styling session with Anna popped up as a recommended watch on YouTube the other day and surprise, surprise she's getting herself styled by Alison Bornstein. It's just an endless cycle of them all styling eachother?

• Sick
Reactions: 17
She says that previously after being away on a work trip she'd be able to take it easy for a few days, but now with Ralph she's back to being really busy. But she now has Mark supposedly working full time with her. There are two healthy well educated adults doing the job she used to do by herself. Ralph is at nursery some days and also has keen grandparents nearby who are willing to help out. I don't understand how she is so busy. Does Mark do anything apart from take headless shots and potter in the greenhouse?

Reactions: 20
Influencers constantly backslapping eachother is so cringe. You're a genius! No, YOU'RE a genius! The way you've paired those oversized jeans with a grey jumper, chef's kiss! 🤣

One of the other influencers on that website where you can buy yourself a styling session with Anna popped up as a recommended watch on YouTube the other day and surprise, surprise she's getting herself styled by Alison Bornstein. It's just an endless cycle of them all styling eachother?
IMG_20240512_234714.jpg

Maaaawk!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Practically all influencers who have children act like they are owed a child free lifestyle and don't stop moaning about what a chore it is to look after them. Kids are so rude the way they demand time and attention from their parents🙄
(See Katherine Ormerod's comments about how she hates playing with her kids).

Reactions: 17
Practically all influencers who have children act like they are owed a child free lifestyle and don't stop moaning about what a chore it is to look after them. Kids are so rude the way they demand time and attention from their parents🙄
(See Katherine Ormerod's comments about how she hates playing with her kids).
the worst thing is that they do it publicly 🤢 the fake sense of relatiability for engagement is more important for them than their kids' comfort

Reactions: 10
She is such a try hard- I can’t with her having separate categories for school drop off (/ it’s not a fashion show), running errands and working from home… any sane / normal actual busy person would just wear the same stuff to do all 3. she clearly has nothing going on that requires a gargantuan constantly revolving wardrobe yet insists on shilling new stuff all the time - her latest phase seems to be those sleeveless long button down vests that are not flattering, she’ll get bored and flog them on Vinted like she did with her zillion Arket linen shirts.

Reactions: 19
The only people who relate to these particular gripes are other influencers only I bet. No one says having kids is easy and most people can relate to it being a struggle at times, however, most people don't portray their children in a way that makes it sound like they're resented. Anna's got a great role model in her BFF Zoe Sugg who seems to practice some kind of detachment parenting.

Reactions: 6
To me she's like Emma Hill. Hair, makeup, clothes all look the same year in, year out. And those eyebrows of Anna's...my daughter is a talented HD brows artist and I would love to see her sort Anna out!

Reactions: 7
To me she's like Emma Hill. Hair, makeup, clothes all look the same year in, year out. And those eyebrows of Anna's...my daughter is a talented HD brows artist and I would love to see her sort Anna out!
I can totally understand that Anna’s eyebrows are naturally very large and bushy and it must take a lot of maintenance if she were to make them smaller. Also it’s a natural feature of hers and why should she hid that. However she could still have them looking full and as a striking feature on her face whilst not having them completely take over. At the moment they take away from her nice eyes. Like her eyes have no space above. They make her face look very heavy too. Also she’s not some natural low maintenance girl. She already gets them done professionally and refuses to pluck them herself. She also clearly gets botox and talks about shaving her face.
Can she not see how much they are drowning her face? Sharing recent vs 2018/early 2019 back when she got them regularly threaded. I’m not sure what she’s actually paying her brow lady to do now?

Attachments

• Sick
Reactions: 15