Slimming World #7 He got exposed for his lies and then went back to the pies

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those who are no longer consultants or employees have a lot of interesting things to say, they can’t do it on a public forum though due to NDA’s. I was disappointed that Slimming World was only featured on a radio 4 broadcast as opposed to the one show watchdog as originally intended.
Says it all when they were on the radar of Watchdog. Probably sent some heavy handed lawyers in as usual

Reactions: 3
Couldn't be more of a cash grab
Screenshot_20240529-150543_Instagram.jpg

Be funny when the complaints start rolling in from people who gain after scoffing full trays at at time

• Haha
Reactions: 7
It just occurred to me too what a stupid week to launch this, as someone who gets paid monthly this has been the longest month ever especially with the two bank hols. Will be 5 weeks between when I last got paid when I do on Fri. Sure I’m not the only one who is skint at this point and everything is ‘when I get paid’. Not very well thought out launch date IMO.

ETA I realise it’s payday week still, but as someone who is in the business of getting consumers to buy new products, better to launch when people already have the money in their pockets.

Reactions: 5
It seems very expensive to me, but are they comparable to Gousto/Hello Fresh? I’ve never bought them either, but price wise it seems similar. Anyone buying these things is surely just short of ideas/time and seeking something new to try. Surely nobody relies on them long term? You’d even be cheaper buying in the pre-prepped box meals from the local protein meal kitchen places that seem to have popped up everywhere!

Worth a punt if there’s an offer on, but otherwise you’d be far quicker/cheaper doing your own, especially for pasta bakes and the like. Do people really need a recipe box for that?

Reactions: 2
It seems very expensive to me, but are they comparable to Gousto/Hello Fresh? I’ve never bought them either, but price wise it seems similar. Anyone buying these things is surely just short of ideas/time and seeking something new to try. Surely nobody relies on them long term? You’d even be cheaper buying in the pre-prepped box meals from the local protein meal kitchen places that seem to have popped up everywhere!

Worth a punt if there’s an offer on, but otherwise you’d be far quicker/cheaper doing your own, especially for pasta bakes and the like. Do people really need a recipe box for that?
I’d say my Gousto boxes for 5 dinners for 2 people averages £50 a week including delivery - that includes at least one recipe I pay a bit extra for. The portion sizes are generous and you get a selection of 50+ recipes that are always changing. The only items I’m ever having to add to them are the cooking oils, salt and pepper, sometimes butter and the odd bit of flour or sugar.
The boxes definitely reduced food waste for hubby and I and I make a much more varied selection of dinners - before it would be the same 5-10 recipes being rotated.
id say most of our Gousto recipes are less calories than those SW ones and more tasty

Reactions: 6

I've only ever done them when they've had the 60% off with reduction in the prices over weeks so paid considerably less.

Then after finishing this offer I've kept the recipe cards and cancelled the subscription and bought the ingredients in bulk and made the meals we liked.

I still think they'll have a fair bit of success from these boxes. Reading the comments on facebook, the majority are positive and saying they're ordering. That doesn't surprise me as people see success through slimming world and there are two things here. Firstly the ease of buying your meals preprepared and on plan. Secondly the mental side of things and buying in to the product you are invested in which is what will get a lot of people.

If I was in the company I would be suggesting starting a running club next. The markup on personalised running tops is huge and the marketing side of things when people are turning up to races in these tops will be decent too.

Reactions: 1
I've only ever done them when they've had the 60% off with reduction in the prices over weeks so paid considerably less.

Then after finishing this offer I've kept the recipe cards and cancelled the subscription and bought the ingredients in bulk and made the meals we liked.

I still think they'll have a fair bit of success from these boxes. Reading the comments on facebook, the majority are positive and saying they're ordering. That doesn't surprise me as people see success through slimming world and there are two things here. Firstly the ease of buying your meals preprepared and on plan. Secondly the mental side of things and buying in to the product you are invested in which is what will get a lot of people.

If I was in the company I would be suggesting starting a running club next. The markup on personalised running tops is huge and the marketing side of things when people are turning up to races in these tops will be decent too.
You must have only read the first few comments on the article which are positive, after that they are pretty much all about how expensive it is and how disappointed they are!

Reactions: 4
You must have only read the first few comments on the article which are positive, after that they are pretty much all about how expensive it is and how disappointed they are!
I saw it a while after you so possibly comments had been removed/hidden as that's what I would do if I was running it 😂

I would say 90% of the comments I saw were positive suggesting they had already ordered, intended to order or were tagging a friend to show how good the idea was.

I was expecting there to be some sort of commission based way for the consultant to earn a bit off of this but it doesn't appear to unless there is some link between the kitchen website and the members list. If there is I expect the consultants to be plugging this every week in group as one of the biggest things to "keep you on plan".

Reactions: 1
I saw it a while after you so possibly comments had been removed/hidden as that's what I would do if I was running it 😂

I would say 90% of the comments I saw were positive suggesting they had already ordered, intended to order or were tagging a friend to show how good the idea was.

I was expecting there to be some sort of commission based way for the consultant to earn a bit off of this but it doesn't appear to unless there is some link between the kitchen website and the members list. If there is I expect the consultants to be plugging this every week in group as one of the biggest things to "keep you on plan".
They’re all still on there, I would love to know what my old group have to say about it. Can see the consultant having one as the raffle prize the first week they’re available trying to plug it. Wonder if they will get discounts as consultants.

There are people out there who are willing to throw money at anything they think will make them lose weight but they will soon be disappointed I think with the lack of value for money, portion sizes etc.

Anyway, who actually manages to exist ordering boxes without either going to the supermarket or doing an online shop for all the other bits. I find going to the supermarket on my own lowkey therapeutic 🤣

Reactions: 3
I’d say my Gousto boxes for 5 dinners for 2 people averages £50 a week including delivery - that includes at least one recipe I pay a bit extra for. The portion sizes are generous and you get a selection of 50+ recipes that are always changing. The only items I’m ever having to add to them are the cooking oils, salt and pepper, sometimes butter and the odd bit of flour or sugar.
The boxes definitely reduced food waste for hubby and I and I make a much more varied selection of dinners - before it would be the same 5-10 recipes being rotated.
id say most of our Gousto recipes are less calories than those SW ones and more tasty
I remember the slimming world consultant during the weekly sermon saying how they encourage people to cook from scratch. It was all very much about sensible swaps, learning to cook in a more healthy way and save money as opposed to take away food. Now they are jumping on the box delivery service. I wonder how that will be marketed to members in groups? Will a slimming world member get a discount on bundles as a opposed to a non-member?

I think it’s money grabbing, greedy and opportunistic of slimming world to charge equal if not more money than established brands like Gusto for their food offering. During a cost of living crisis, a decent and caring company would be promoting low cost, healthy recipes, but not slimming world.

I remember the slimming world consultant during the weekly sermon saying how they encourage people to cook from scratch. It was all very much about sensible swaps, learning to cook in a more healthy way and save money as opposed to take away food. Now they are jumping on the box delivery service. I wonder how that will be marketed to members in groups? Will a slimming world member get a discount on bundles as a opposed to a non-member?

I think it’s money grabbing, greedy and opportunistic of slimming world to charge equal if not more money than established brands like Gusto for their food offering. During a cost of living crisis, a decent and caring company would be promoting low cost, healthy recipes, but not slimming world.
They're a business though, why wouldn't they charge what they're charging if it sells?

I get it's expensive, I get it costs significantly more than if you were to go shopping for the majority of it on a weekly basis and stock a lot of the items in your cupboard but you do have to factor all of the crap in the background in such as the wages, the rent of wherever they're doing this, the insurance, the license to sell the stuff etc etc. It's a long list so it's going to cost a bit to send these out and then you want to be making a healthy profit on this as you're a business so it's finding that line where it's going to sell.

I have no issues with the pricing structure. I would never buy it as it's too expensive but it's not too much different from the pricing of competitors which is clearly where they need to be. It probably also suggests that the profit margins aren't that huge as the competitors who mass produce these and have loads of customers haven't dropped their prices to try and steal their competition.

Someone also mentioned about group saying about cooking from scratch. That's exactly what this is?

If they start slipping some slimming world sauces into the meal kits then it'll be slightly different. There won't be any curry meals unless they do this as the ingredients to make slimming world curry sauce took up two pages of the last sw recipe book I was given on a countdown offer 😂

• Haha
Dave mate,

You're not at group selling to your members on here. No need for the full blown advert.

I'm interested are the last the 2 points ripped straight from the promo you area manger sent you or did you do at least a bit of paraphrasing?

• Haha
Dave mate,

You're not at group selling to your members on here. No need for the full blown advert.

I'm interested are the last the 2 points ripped straight from the promo you area manger sent you or did you do at least a bit of paraphrasing?
Looking at something from a business perspective rather than instantly jumping into the negative trying to find something wrong with everything within a brand makes you think I work for them?

I don't work for Slimming World.

Someone made the very pertinent comment on a SW Facebook post that there is no discount of any type for current paying members. You’d have thought they’d have at least given a 10% off your first order voucher.

Reactions: 6
Looking at something from a business perspective rather than instantly jumping into the negative trying to find something wrong with everything within a brand makes you think I work for them?

I am aware that slimming world are a business. They pretend to care about their members and staff but they don’t they only care about profit. It’s a covert pyramid scheme, it’s why their consultants are given franchises and not a wage with commission.

Their awful tactics with the community slimming group was enough for me to judge them morally bankrupt.

There won't be any curry meals unless they do this as the ingredients to make slimming world curry sauce took up two pages of the last sw recipe book I was given on a countdown offer 😂
100%

One word, mayflower. Life’s too short to be messing around like that to save 3-6 syns unless you’re batch cooking litres of the stuff. And then I’d need to be 100% sure it worked.

I remember making a hoi sin sauce from scratch a while back from the books. Kitchen looked like a bomb site afterwards! :ROFLMAO:
---

One of the big questions in my group years back when Hello Fresh and Gousto launched was how to work out the syns in their recipes. I’d be surprised if there’s not a big enough market for people to at least try this out. It’s not for the majority or even a significant minority, but lots of people do love the convenience of these box kit recipes and it’s still cheaper than a takeaway, so they don’t seem to mind paying for it.

Last edited:
It’s not for the majority or even a significant minority, but lots of people do love the convenience of these box kit recipes and it’s still cheaper than a takeaway, so they don’t seem to mind paying for it.
I don’t understand why these get compared to takeaways. Two totally separate things. With a takeaway, all the cooking has already been done for you, it’s usually a good size portion, it’s tasty even if it’s not the best thing for you, it’s hot and ready to eat, I could go on 😂 with recipe boxes you still have to cook it, do all the washing up, most likely not going to satisfy most people.

Reactions: 7
I don’t understand why these get compared to takeaways. Two totally separate things. With a takeaway, all the cooking has already been done for you, it’s usually a good size portion, it’s tasty even if it’s not the best thing for you, it’s hot and ready to eat, I could go on 😂 with recipe boxes you still have to cook it, do all the washing up, most likely not going to satisfy most people.
It’s more that most people say they go for a takeaway more often than they’d like because they’re tired after work and lacking imagination. I know that’s the case with me. When we’ve both been working, I know I can’t be bothered to go shopping for ingredients I might only use once or faff about thinking about what to have while the tummy is rumbling. The recipe boxes definitely crossover with those people. If you listen to Secret Slimpod, at least 2 of the hosts have said they’ve done other recipe boxes for that reason.