Saxenda, Ozempic, Wegovy and Mounjaro advice and support #8

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else had a plateau early on? My first 2 weeks were a dream - lost 13lbs. But 3 of those have gone back on, and I've been stuck at that weight for 2 weeks now.

I'm not really stressing because I know weight loss isn't linear and 10lbs in a month is still very good, plus just not having the food noise and constant hunger is great. But considering I'm still eating a lot less than I was pre-MJ, I'm a bit surprised I've lost nothing in 2 weeks (I have a lot to lose). I think possibly the alcohol has crept back up again, so I need to keep an eye on that. Also, I'm pooing a lot less - I don't know if I'm constipated and that's a factor in the lack of weight loss, or if it's just a case of 'less in, less out'!

Anyway, I'm moving up to 5mg on Saturday, so maybe that'll have an effect. Fingers crossed for no major side effects.
I'm on Saxenda since last week of Jan and lost 16 pounds and have been at a standstill now for the last 5 weeks and noticed my appetite came back a good bit once I hit the 3ml dosage so have now gone down to the 2nd highest dose and it seems to be working better to curb my appetite

Not sure if that's helpful as you are on MJ

Reactions: 2
I'm on Saxenda since last week of Jan and lost 16 pounds and have been at a standstill now for the last 5 weeks and noticed my appetite came back a good bit once I hit the 3ml dosage so have now gone down to the 2nd highest dose and it seems to be working better to curb my appetite

Not sure if that's helpful as you are on MJ
Thanks for sharing - definitely helpful because it just shows that all these medications can be a bit random. Really interesting that you are getting better results on a lower dose than a higher one.

• Heart
Thanks for sharing - definitely helpful because it just shows that all these medications can be a bit random. Really interesting that you are getting better results on a lower dose than a higher one.
Ya my doctor advised me to stay on the 3ml but I'd only lost a pound and a half in 4 weeks so said I'd try the 2.8ml and I'm not way less hungry than on the 3mls but I am def feeling fuller quicker on it.

Reactions: 3
Ya my doctor advised me to stay on the 3ml but I'd only lost a pound and a half in 4 weeks so said I'd try the 2.8ml and I'm not way less hungry than on the 3mls but I am def feeling fuller quicker on it.
The 2.4 you mean? This is interesting as I’ve been at 3 for months now and am officially gaining and losing the same 5lbs for the past 3 months.

Weirdly, the most it ever worked for me was at the 1.8 dose, but also during that time I was violently ill a few days so not totally ideal.

Might try dropping down a dose or two just to see if anything will give me a boost.

Reactions: 1
@RocksOff For the period and MJ this is my experience to give a bit more info. I’ve had a mirena for two and a half years. I’ve never stopped periods on it. However, it stopped the flooding and heaviness. I have a 23/24 day cycle and I bleed very lightly for 7/8 days.

Sadly that means I’m bleeding a third of the time. I means I can get a lot of water retention.

MJ made me spot when I haven’t before, otherwise very little change. The hardest part of my cycle is the effect it has on weight with the water retention. It was the cause of many diets failing as when you’re gaining through no fault of your own it makes you think sod it.

I’ve done enough time on MJ and tracking now to just ride through it. MJ has really lessened my hormonal cravings and I just wait for the whoosh in weight after it stops. Hormones have a lot to answer for.

Hope that helps!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Week 1 on MJ and I have lost 7.5lbs (I have a lot to lose and obviously this is mostly water weight).

I must say I am looking forward to injecting again later because the last couple of days the food noise has been creeping back in!

Reactions: 7
Yesterday was my first full day after injection and I felt awful. Horrible headache, no energy and feeling sick constantly. Woke up today and felt a bit better but thought I was in for more of the same. Now that i'm properly up and about, had morning coffee etc, i'm feeling a lot more normal.

Has anyone managed to get ozempic yet? I finished my Wegovy and didn’t get much loss. I was flying with the loss on ozempic.

Has anyone managed to get ozempic yet? I finished my Wegovy and didn’t get much loss. I was flying with the loss on ozempic.
It is the same drug. Wegovy is the weight loss brand name, Ozepmic is the diabetic.

Reactions: 8
Started saxenda on 0.6 and the migraines were horrific floored me for days, I stopped taking it because I couldn’t go on like that, is there any point trying a lower dose and building up?

Injection day for me today. It’s bizarre to me I’ve now been on this three months. Very slow with weight loss now, but I’m ok with that as it may stop my skin sagging quite so badly.

Started saxenda on 0.6 and the migraines were horrific floored me for days, I stopped taking it because I couldn’t go on like that, is there any point trying a lower dose and building up?
0.6 is the lowest dose right?

I will say that I’ve been on it a while and had the worst side effects on 1.8 and 2.4 (vomiting and diarrhoea, not migraines) so in my experience, just because you get side effects early on, it doesn’t mean you’ll have them forever. I also didn’t notice side effects being worse on higher doses, for me there was no real reason why the week on 1.8 was the worst.

It’s up to you if you can suck it up in the short term, if it’s worth it to you.

Its really

0.6 is the lowest dose right?

I will say that I’ve been on it a while and had the worst side effects on 1.8 and 2.4 (vomiting and diarrhoea, not migraines) so in my experience, just because you get side effects early on, it doesn’t mean you’ll have them forever. I also didn’t notice side effects being worse on higher doses, for me there was no real reason why the week on 1.8 was the worst.

It’s up to you if you can suck it up in the short term, if it’s worth it to you.

Its really
I wish I could and I honestly have such a high pain threshold but I felt like I was going to die with the pain

I was the same, the first 5 days I was in bits with migraines at one point I wondered had I Meningitis or something as it was so bad but the only other side effect I’ve had is Sulphur burps the past week now at full dose. I think I’ve 7 or 8 weeks done now, I’m starting my 4th week at full dose today. For me it got better, I hope the same for you!

Just checking in here a bit, I had successfully lost 15kgs on Rybelsus last year in about 5 months. But due to poor supply and the cost I stopped taking the tablets just before Christmas, and have maintained the loss thus far. I still need to lose though, so I tried to reorder the 15mg Rybelsus two weeks ago thinking I'd take them for another month or so to get to my goal weight and they were out of stock. The pharmacist called me up and talked me through my options and I agreed to give Mounjaro a go, after lots of reassurances re supply etc and its efficacy. I did actually really dislike taking the tablets - they were working, for sure, but I felt sick loads of the time, and not eating or drinking my beloved tea for 30 mins after waking/taking the tablet was not nice - so I thought I'd give the once a week jab a go. I was initially frightened off because of the needle but I have to say it was totally fine. I took my second dose of 2.5mg MJ on weds and no bad side effects so far, just the lovely reduced appetite and 'food noise', as well as much reduced eating capacity. So going to stick with it, but def move up to the 5mg on renewal.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hey I need help please. I’m on week 1 of MJ and only lost 3lbs! I’m not hungry, don’t think of food and don’t snack but I’m still having lunch and dinner but it’s a calorie controlled meal plan, meals are between 500-600 calories. I’m not having breakfast or any snacks after dinner (I used to have a snack every night) it’s working in terms of making me feel full and not wanting to snack etc so I dont think a higher dosage would help as the lower dosage is doing the job. So should I be cutting to one meal a day? I already feel like my daily calorie intake is very low am I supposed to eat nothing to lose or what lol!?

• Heart
Hey I need help please. I’m on week 1 of MJ and only lost 3lbs! I’m not hungry, don’t think of food and don’t snack but I’m still having lunch and dinner but it’s a calorie controlled meal plan, meals are between 500-600 calories. I’m not having breakfast or any snacks after dinner (I used to have a snack every night) it’s working in terms of making me feel full and not wanting to snack etc so I dont think a higher dosage would help as the lower dosage is doing the job. So should I be cutting to one meal a day? I already feel like my daily calorie intake is very low am I supposed to eat nothing to lose or what lol!?
That's a totally normal amount to have lost in week 1. I wouldn't worry one bit. Definitely still eat multiple meals a day.
Weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint, and the small losses build up over time.

Reactions: 7
That's a totally normal amount to have lost in week 1. I wouldn't worry one bit. Definitely still eat multiple meals a day.
Weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint, and the small losses build up over time.
I’m actually new to this thread but came on to see what other people are losing and I’m seeing 7lbs etc for the first week which is making me wonder why I’m not seeing the same. I also thought I’d lose the most in my first week tbh and I’m barely even eating so surely I should be losing more 😭😭😭

I’m actually new to this thread but came on to see what other people are losing and I’m seeing 7lbs etc for the first week which is making me wonder why I’m not seeing the same. I also thought I’d lose the most in my first week tbh and I’m barely even eating so surely I should be losing more 😭😭😭
Sometimes a higher weight loss in the first week is water weight. 3lb a week is a good lose. I generally lose around 2lb a week but it's consistent so I'm happy.

• Heart
Reactions: 4