Sali Hughes #17 So shady she doesn't need an SPF.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My mistake, it was a Guardian column. So both Hogan and Raeside as well as taking the piss on Twitter (a bit like we do here about SH) used their platforms in a national newspaper to continue slagging off Dawn.
So she had tv writers, reviewers, presenters and other media types slagging her off whilst working in tv herself.
Does SH see this is a little different to nobodies criticising and taking the piss out of her on an obscure nook of the internet (which she craftilybdecided to give a boost with her dishonest histrionics 🙄). We are not in her industry. We have no influence.
We're her targeted readership. We're her potential influencees. We are very much punching up. (If there's lies sue. But most is pisstaking - not very nice, probably best not to read or be appraised of it - and most if the rest is her own words- again not a pleasing read but we can hardly be held responsible for that, can we?)
I wonder if Sali has ever discussed that period with her fellow prawners. She has said (in a bizarre exchange on Twitter where she seemed not accept a puzzled tweeter was not a commentator here) that she regrets her actions and has apologised to Dawn. Has she disavowed the friends she bonded with over their shared dislike of Dawn? The followers she gained along the way? Any Pool column about her realisation. Any "I was an online bully and this what I learnt" articles. Has she ever said to Raeside and Hogan "what a crazy time, wtf were we thinking? You even slagged her off in print and it's still there on the web. That must have been really difficult for Dawn."
Those are the sorts of conversations friends have. Otherwise they're acquaintances.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
My mistake, it was a Guardian column. So both Hogan and Raeside as well as taking the piss on Twitter (a bit like we do here about SH) used their platforms in a national newspaper to continue slagging off Dawn.
So she had tv writers, reviewers, presenters and other media types slagging her off whilst working in tv herself.
Does SH see this is a little different to nobodies criticising and taking the piss out of her on an obscure nook of the internet (which she craftilybdecided to give a boost with her dishonest histrionics 🙄). We are not in her industry. We have no influence.
We're her targeted readership. We're her potential influencees. We are very much punching up. (If there's lies sue. But most is pisstaking - not very nice, probably best not to read or be appraised of it - and most if the rest is her own words- again not a pleasing read but we can hardly be held responsible for that, can we?)
I wonder if Sali has ever discussed that period with her fellow prawners. She has said (in a bizarre exchange on Twitter where she seemed not accept a puzzled tweeter was not a commentator here) that she regrets her actions and has apologised to Dawn. Has she disavowed the friends she bonded with over their shared dislike of Dawn? The followers she gained along the way? Any Pool column about her realisation. Any "I was an online bully and this what I learnt" articles. Has she ever said to Raeside and Hogan "what a crazy time, wtf were we thinking? You even slagged her off in print and it's still there on the web. That must have been really difficult for Dawn."
Those are the sorts of conversations friends have. Otherwise they're acquaintances.

Wow, he really hates women, doesn’t he? What a dick, pleasingly though, he’s an awful writer.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Ugh that column is revolting. And around the time Sali and 'the coven' were active too. So as you say Dawn, and others, had it coming at them from all fronts. No doubt they were congratulating themselves on their cleverness. And Sali would be the first to say how hateful it is for women to be judged purely on their looks - Dawn and her 'lego hair'. Isn't 'Hoges' something to do with women's magazines too? Rather strange when he doesn't appear to like them very much.
I wonder if Sali thinks enough time has passed that her trolling history somehow doesn't count - and that to mention it is in fact trolling. Yet even now I don't think I would call her or her trolling chums 'mental'.

Reactions: 10
And how excited are we about the highly anticipated retinol column?
Weeks of effort have gone into it.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
So she's compassionate by calling Tattlers mental...
Ok, I didn't think I could be shocked by her stupidity or awfulness but wtf?! Is she suggesting that by attributing the threads here to mental instability of the posters instead of to us being terrible, terrible people she's showing us compassion. Um, maybe I'd buy it if she used slightly less pejorative language in relation to mh and if, each time someone else says posters may be unwell she is insistent that we're not and that to suggest we are is an insult to those who genuinely do hsve mental health problems.
Yo, Sali. I have a serious mental illness. I have biploar 1. I have posted on this thread when I have been off work due to being very unwell ie whilst being mentally ill. You have stated people here are both "mentalists" and "are not mentally ill, that's insulting to mentally ill people". You got it the wrong way round (as far as I'm concerned anyway), I *am* mentally ill but I'm not a "mentalist".
duck you.

Hogan’s an unappealing chap isn’t he, @Mselvista? It’s almost like so many of her friends are foul... 🤔
I think you may be on to something there. Does anyone remember the "piece" he did for SHB about "the summer horn"? So many commentators said they found it dodgy and creepy that she took it down, I think on the same day.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I don’t like India Knight but she’s right, why should she be ashamed? I cannot begin to imagine the crippling awfulness of it all.

Reactions: 2
I think you may be on to something there. Does anyone remember the "piece" he did for SHB about "the summer horn". So many commentators said they found it dodgy and creepy that she took it down, I think on the same day.
An insight here about the article It's worth reading the replies too. Sali's side of the conversation is sadly missing of course since she deleted all (or should I say most) of her tweets when her mum died. But I think we can still discern a common them - Sali accusing the Vagenda women of hating her and insulting them to boot.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 4
@Mselvista
Yes! It was creepy and vile and she was all pissy about it because she’d obviously OKed it but couldn’t keep it up there when we all said it made us uncomfortable.

Last edited:
"Summer horn" that sounds like something from a rubbish lads mag like Zoo or Nuts

Just walking around with a massive chip on her shoulder all the time ain’t she.

Those picture frames are hilariously identical. What a knob.
What made it even more hilarious is that she went out of her way to state that they weren't matching. She constantly tries to paint herself as some sort of quirky maverick but really she just takes herself so seriously

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
After 5 years of vitamin A, from isotrex to accutane, I've never heard anyone call the adjusting process "the retinol uglies"

That train video in the blazer looked like a middle aged woman trying to be Katie Jane Hughes but then chickening out

• Haha
Reactions: 8
As is evident in the wealth of new information, not to mention her creative use of language.

P. S. Does every beauty column have to mention Zoom?
P. P. S. None of my contenders made it :cry:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Mentioning Zoom makes them think they're being relatable. Meanwhile people who aren't self employed but are employees are more likely to be on Microsoft teams.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
She is so out of touch. Assuming everyone is at home on very important Zoom meetings, but it’s ok because you can put a filter on and use this time to go through the “retinol uglies” - never ever heard of that phrase.
What about people who do have to venture outside and don’t have the luxury of stay at home jobs?
Her articles are so short and simplistic

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Has anyone seen the purfume video?

I’m in danger of being influenced because i’m curious about the banana one!

Did make me laugh when she mentioned the cinnamon bun roll on - not to wear of course, just to have ‘around the house’

• Haha
She is so out of touch. Assuming everyone is at home on very important Zoom meetings, but it’s ok because you can put a filter on and use this time to go through the “retinol uglies” - never ever heard of that phrase.
What about people who do have to venture outside and don’t have the luxury of stay at home jobs?
Her articles are so short and simplistic
She’s not a terribly good writer despite what she thinks.

Every time she posts something, be it on IG or Twitter she displays an astounding lack of empathy , shows herself to be terribly brittle and defensive with an almighty sense of superiority over the masses she tries to flog the goods to.

Reactions: 12
In the weird mask video she hasn't tagged any brands or listed and painstakingly explained where every item is from. Could this be #notanad??

And to further fuel our wild speculation, she gave the response below when someone asked where she was going.

What on earth was the point of the post?

Imagine it told as an anecdote. "I wore a face covering and got the train".

Sparkling conversationalist.
It’s almost as though somebody spotted her at the station and tried to take a picture, so she got in there first.

actually am stunned by how amateur it was. Seriously, how long has retinol been around in various guises and THAT was her over hyped column addressing it? Again, why do The Guardian let that column keep crawling along on it’s last legs? It is never ahead of the game, informative, or even interesting. If beauty/skincare is such a popular topic, get someone in who actually does it justice, instead of Sali who just ticks boxes.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.