RVK Loves

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
May I suggest that if any you have evidence of RVK's non compliance of the advertising regulations that you all raise a complaint?The ASA website is easy to navigate and making a complaint takes a couple of minutes. If they receive enough valid complaints she might begin to realise that she cannot pull the wool over everyone's eyes forever?
She has been pulled up twice already by ASA and hasn't changed her practices, so she clearly doesn't give a tit what they think. As you could see from her response, it was all "the rules have changed", "they were gifts", "this was a long time ago". Her non compliance is so extensive that it would take pages and pages of evidence to explain the entire issue to ASA and I know from experience that ASA only look at a very narrow remit and side with the influencer unless you back them into a corner (which I can't really be arsed to do, frankly, and I don't have time either)

The previous trips were part of being a honeymoon editor for when I worked with SYGM so it wasn't part of my instagram
She claims the trips weren't part of her instagram, and yet in her post of 24 Sept 2018 she admits she promotes resorts on her instagram - she can't even remember her own deceptions so as to be consistent.

She's embarrassed herself enough with her reply here. I hope she uses her maternity leave to read up on the rules, but I doubt she will.

Reactions: 1
She has been pulled up twice already by ASA and hasn't changed her practices, so she clearly doesn't give a tit what they think. As you could see from her response, it was all "the rules have changed", "they were gifts", "this was a long time ago". Her non compliance is so extensive that it would take pages and pages of evidence to explain the entire issue to ASA and I know from experience that ASA only look at a very narrow remit and side with the influencer unless you back them into a corner (which I can't really be arsed to do, frankly, and I don't have time either)

She claims the trips weren't part of her instagram, and yet in her post of 24 Sept 2018 she admits she promotes resorts on her instagram - she can't even remember her own deceptions so as to be consistent.

She's embarrassed herself enough with her reply here. I hope she uses her maternity leave to read up on the rules, but I doubt she will.

MATERNITY LEAVE ??? 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 3
MATERNITY LEAVE ??? 🤷🏼‍♀️
Well I’m assuming she will take some time off the business when the baby comes along. They keep telling us how much work it is! Wait til she finds out how much work a baby is 🤣

Oh my god, I didn’t even know about this girl but she is vile. Spoilt brat. She doesn’t even look special, just a standard Jane who got lucky and gained loads of followers and free stuff. Ughhhh.

Four Easter eggs gifted from Marks and Spencer’s. If this was me (and I appreciate not everyone would agree). I’d keep one (of course) and pop the other three in the food bank box at local supermarket for the food bank. Share the love!

Ps... no I’m not jealous (need to clear that one up) I am also very content with my life (need to state this too) 👌🏻👌🏻

Reactions: 4
Four Easter eggs gifted from Marks and Spencer’s. If this was me (and I appreciate not everyone would agree). I’d keep one (of course) and pop the other three in the food bank box at local supermarket for the food bank. Share the love!

Ps... no I’m not jealous (need to clear that one up) I am also very content with my life (need to state this too) 👌🏻👌🏻
Food bank, children's hospital etc, would be so happy to receive some. She is so greedy.

Reactions: 5

I think anyone would do that if they’re gifted so much. The fact it doesn’t even cross her mind says it all.

After all, HOW WOULD SHE be able to find disadvantaged charities or food banks? 🙄

Reactions: 7
I’ve just come across this and I must admit feel relieved that it was just me who felt this way about her!! I first started following her on instagram as I liked the look of what she posted. She seemed to be interested in the same things as me, but I started to go off her when I read her blog. I don’t know if it’s just me, but I was shocked at how poorly written it was. I expected much more from a blog which has been shortlisted for awards! (I’m not a fantastic writer, but then I don’t write for a living! 🤣). I just couldn’t believe how vague some of them were, and had very little content. The one I was most upset about was about a receipt for a chocolate cake- it turned out to be a packet mix!!! That is not worthy of a blog post as far as I’m concerned!

Reactions: 6

She was featured on their Instagram feed last year. How to lay a table properly. It was CRINGE! I called them out over it and unfollowed them. Cockwombles
I’ve just come across this and I must admit feel relieved that it was just me who felt this way about her!! I first started following her on instagram as I liked the look of what she posted. She seemed to be interested in the same things as me, but I started to go off her when I read her blog. I don’t know if it’s just me, but I was shocked at how poorly written it was. I expected much more from a blog which has been shortlisted for awards! (I’m not a fantastic writer, but then I don’t write for a living! 🤣). I just couldn’t believe how vague some of them were, and had very little content. The one I was most upset about was about a receipt for a chocolate cake- it turned out to be a packet mix!!! That is not worthy of a blog post as far as I’m concerned!
packet mix?! 😳

The more I think about her long post on here the more I worry about her. She suggests we lead boring mundane lives because we're on a forum gossiping. So I've thought about my life in comparison to hers...

She wafts around her immaculate house and fannies about on her laptop for a couple of hours a day. I, on the other hand have a house where sometimes, if I'm very lucky, my pillowcases match my duvet cover. If they don't match it's because I'm finally in my perfect career and giving it everything I can so I can progress. My career brings me joy. My pillowcases? Not so much.

She always has a nice photo of a vase of flowers sat on her kitchen island. I too often have flowers in a vase, sometimes they are still fresh, sometimes brown and shrivelled because I'm too busy out with my family and dog squeezing every bit of fun out of their childhood I can. Mostly I forget to take pictures of this as I'm too busy having the fun.

She travels the globe and watches Netflix in far flung hotels she hasnt paid for and takes pictures of her feet in aff linked sandals. I spend my holidays alongside my average working man husband and non Instagrammed children sat over dinners where we laugh and talk iong into the night, putting the world to rights. Other nights I hang out with real friends I've known since childhood, who have seen my mismatched pillows and forgiven me for wearing non aff linked crocs in the past.

Hmmm... Sorry Rebecca I think I'm quite happy with my life as it is. I am even successful enough to buy my own Easter eggs.

Reactions: 17
Well I’m assuming she will take some time off the business when the baby comes along. They keep telling us how much work it is! Wait til she finds out how much work a baby is 🤣
She’s going to get a real shock when she’s got a baby to look after (only on the nanny’s days off though no doubt!)

Reactions: 1
I've just realised there are quite a few Betty Crocker none-recipie-recipies on her blog...

Here is another
http://www.rosesandrolltops.co.uk/2015/02/slutty-brownies-cookie-dough-and-oreo.html?m=1

'You can make your own cookie dough and brownie mix from scratch but why bother when Betty Crocker can be your best friend?

You will need:
One box of Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
One box of Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix'

If that doesn't sound like an add, I don't know what does. But either way, I've never realised how little content there actually is on there!

As well as this and the Betty Crocker chocolate cake 'recipie', she also did a Betty Crocker lemon cake a few weeks later as a recipie; 2 x Betty Crocker lemon cake mixes and a jar of lemon curd.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.