Running Instagrammers #13 Strava doesn’t lie, my watch really did die!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know this is not going to be well received, but I don't understand why people dress like elite runners
Haha no I agree, smacks "all the gear, no idea". I think outside of Insta world most people dress more normally, maybe a bit more geared up for events but not day to day running. Probably even elites outside of events and sponsorship requirements don't dress up in all the gear.

Reactions: 3
I'm not into the full kit wanker look but I tend to be more grab the first bit of clean kit and hardly anything is the same brand. With a few exceptions I'm not that keen on the running clothes made by the brands that make my preferred trainers and top half wise I have a couple of t-shirts I've bought but most of it is race t-shirts of varying (largely awful) quality.

Reactions: 2
Honestly, she must have a great PR agency given how much coverage she is getting at the moment with this story. Clearly she loves the social side of it but can’t cope with the digging deep and mental strength required running on your own as an elite and not having others pull you along. No shame in that, most people would probably struggle but at the moment she tries to be everything and masters nothing.

Reactions: 7
All her good times were paced by Bester. And we’re from when she was coached by him. Regardless of the fact I think he’s a pillock it was obviously a partnership that worked.

… can someone funny please think of a new thread title :)

Reactions: 5
I thought that too
“i love my routine of running, i lift weights to prevent injury blah blah blah”
rinse and repeat
same routes, same poses, same distances, same content
I see Anna has caught up on this thread 👋

Anna- Same old endless photo reel of cakes, cookies and weird looking salad from the cafe she always goes to. I think she just loves to show off how much crap she eats whilst (pre pregnancy) body checking herself daily. Oh, and a "parkrun sandwich" with the boy and hubby dragged down to watch every Saturday without fail (does she ever volunteer?).
As a routine, fine knock yourself out, but I don't understand the need to share it all publicly. You can do it privately if you like to scroll back, as she gives as her reason for putting it all on insta, without putting your family and home out there for all and sundry to see.

Reactions: 5
Mary McCarthy’s insta stories q&a is so obnoxious…apparently as a child she raced cross country without any training alongside non stop swimming. Some people have zero self awareness but then I guess she is only 25. I wish people like this didn’t have such big olatforms on social media

Anna- Same old endless photo reel of cakes, cookies and weird looking salad from the cafe she always goes to. I think she just loves to show off how much crap she eats whilst (pre pregnancy) body checking herself daily. Oh, and a "parkrun sandwich" with the boy and hubby dragged down to watch every Saturday without fail (does she ever volunteer?).
As a routine, fine knock yourself out, but I don't understand the need to share it all publicly. You can do it privately if you like to scroll back, as she gives as her reason for putting it all on insta, without putting your family and home out there for all and sundry to see.
Over 300 parkruns and just over 100 volunteers but once you look into the detail it’s almost always set up/ takedown, so she gets running and volunteering credit.

Fair enough, at least she has volunteered and hasn't made a big show of it like some do, Kellogs - looking at you and your performative marshalling when Injured only.

Reactions: 7
Meh when I was RD I loved that regular runners would set up. They really reliably knew the course and would do a good job and you wouldn’t need to go and check, and re do it all anyway!

Reactions: 9
I think set up/takedown is a fair one to volunteer and still get the running credit. Less convinced on those getting a communications credit every week for putting the shout out on fb for volunteers and then going off doing parkrun tourism elsewhere.

Reactions: 6
I think it depends on your Parkrun. If you have regulars that do the other roles that’s fine. But it because an issue if only set up and takedown are allocated and no one wants to give up their run to do marshalling or funnel etc just for one week. I usually do set up myself so agree it is still volunteering but would also do something else if they were short on people.

Reactions: 2
Feels a bit off to be criticising the way someone volunteers. Set up/close down aren’t quick things to do and they’re absolutely necessary to allow the hundreds of (non-volunteering!) runners to participate. Fair play to her, tbh.

Reactions: 6
God set up and dismantling the course is a massive ballache. When I was ED I’d bite the hand off anyone who offered to do it!! Don’t be dissing them, that job takes forever (it did on our not lapped course anyway!)

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.