Pregnancy #58

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That's so strange! In my trust we don't get it until our 28 week appointment, I had one at 25 weeks and got given it then but deffo weren't meant to ask for it at my scan! Seems so odd!
i phoned my midwife at 21 weeks and she left it at the gp for me to pick up . Payroll needed mine before 25 weeks so they could send out my forecast on how I wanted to be paid

Reactions: 1
They’ve spelt my first name wrong on the Matb1 .. after checking with me twice 😑 it’s a normal English name. so went for another when I was at the hospital the other day and they won’t give it me until I bring the other back (I was randomly at the hospital) because of the monetary value of a Matb1 lol just in case I fancied flogging it

• Wow
Reactions: 3
today was day 2 of checking my levels for GD with my new super exciting diet :rolleyes:
I find I eat something like I just had dinner, steak 3 new potatoes and lots of green beans I tried without a Pepsi max but wanted a fizzy drink fix so after 20 mins of eating Im now drinking one but then I check online of the GD fb group and some people say only drink water in the 1 hour before u test can anyone clear this up
I drank pepsi max with this exact meal yesterday but while was eating not 20 mons after and got 6.6 reading

• Heart
Just an update on my bleeding.. I bled none stop for 5 days (at roughly 5 weeks pregnant), the bleeding got worse, then cramping and severe left ovary pain started, so I really feared the worst. I went for an emergency scan today

I’m pleased to say all looks well so far! I’m just 5 weeks (they didn’t want to scan me but the pregnancy could have been molar or ectopic) so they’d done one today (instead of next week as they’d originally told me). They don’t know why I was bleeding, but they’re treating me as high risk and giving me extra monitoring, scans, and meds now. I’m still bleeding, but they’re not worried about that and they said I should celebrate this, and it all looks good so far, with things exactly as they should be

It’s probably my cervix/ something hormonal, but it remains a mystery. I wasn’t going to post on here as I’m scared of jinxing things after previous losses (and the whole thing has RUINED my mental health), but I hoped it might help others who experienced the same as me at my point if they’re reading this in the future and it happens to them. I’ve had dark brown bleeding literally constantly for 5 days now, which would class as moderate, and yet things still look okay. I don’t want to make the post too triggering by being more descriptive, but it honestly looked like I’d lost the pregnancy and we weren’t expecting to see anything left on the scan today. I’m so grateful to the ladies on here that shared their experience with bleeds that didn’t automatically mean bad news or a sad outcome because it really gave me hope and was the only thing getting me through this week.

I’m going to dip out this thread for now for the sake of my mental health (the stress has been unbearable, perhaps due to the other losses I’ve had too, and I’m really over analysing everything so need to pretend I’m not pregnant for a bit 😂) but I hope I’ll be back soon! Lots of love and good luck to you all, and I hope we’ll be sharing nice news again soon 🩷🩷
I’m really pleased to read this! Please do keep us updated and take it easy xx

They’ve spelt my first name wrong on the Matb1 .. after checking with me twice 😑 it’s a normal English name. so went for another when I was at the hospital the other day and they won’t give it me until I bring the other back (I was randomly at the hospital) because of the monetary value of a Matb1 lol just in case I fancied flogging it
monetary value 🤣 I can imagine to some people they’d do anything for a fake mat leave, but it seems like a very niche person who’d want to buy one, what are the odds you’d even know someone 😅

Both times it was such a faff getting the matb1, I had to just keep ringing the birth centre and find a time they were quiet so I could go up. Same with the whooping cough vax, I really had to push for that both times. First time I managed to get it at the 20w scan as we got some ~bad news~ (a rescan 2 weeks later showed it was a false alarm) so got loads of alone time with a midwife to discuss it after, and she agreed to the jab to err, cheer me up.
This time it was me ringing nearly every day for a few weeks before they could do it. Worth doing though, we’re in the middle of a big whooping cough spike 😰

• Wow
Reactions: 2
@raspberryjuice & @watermelon sugar
If you don't mind... Re the ankles. Do you not have to wear the compression socks?? I won't bother to buy decent ones if not.
Also, I wasn't given any pain killer at all to take home last time, just ibuprofen and paracetamol staggered every 2 hours, is that the same? I've been stocking up box upon box.
Do you have to do the fragmin injections?
How's the swaddle going?
I know you'll be mega busy with baby so no pressure to answer x
One HCA gave me a spare pair of compression socks with my gown on csection morning and told me to wear them for 10 days, but nobody else mentioned it so I haven’t. I wouldn’t get them on now anyway, my legs and feet have absolutely ballooned. I’ll ask the MW about it tomorrow when she visits though. I would probably buy decent ones if I was to do this again because my feet are awful at the moment so it might be worth the investment.
Re pain killers I asked for oramorph on discharge and they were happy to give me a bottle. I wish I’d asked for diclofenac instead that stuff is amazing. I only started feeling pain when that wore off after 16 hours so a couple of days worth of that would have been amazing 😂
I’ve got 10 days of injections but not sure if it’s fragmin or a different blood thinner as I don’t remember them calling it fragmin (but it could be!)
Baby R likes being swaddled. He just really likes being scrunched up 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Off tomorrow? That’s crazy! Mines on for 7 days but it’s a vaccuum one and feels so weird. Did they not give you oramorph to take home? I’ve used quarter of a bottle already. If I sit for too long it’s like I can feel every stitch in every layer. We came home last night at 11, it was a pretty rough night until me and Mr R started taking it in turns to sleep. I hadn’t slept since Tuesday until 4:30 this morning which meant I had a really deep sleep and woke up soooo stiff 2 hours later. I couldn’t even move my legs 😳

Are you struggling with swollen legs/feet too? My feet are absolutely huge I can’t even get a croc on anymore 😂

Definitely don’t do any hoovering!! I can’t talk though I keep trying to do everything myself and getting shouted at 😂 I lifted up the full steriliser bucket earlier and Mr R screamed at me while I also screamed in pain 😂

Go Baby Watermelon, that’s great for her weight! Shes doing so well 🥰
After all my worrying about Baby R being huge I’ve had to send people out for newborn clothes and even they’re big on him 🥺 I just can’t stop staring at him

Omg he’s adorable 😭 so happy for you ❤

• Heart
Trying to somewhat make myself feel better that I’m gonna be 8-9 months pregnant in July/August… better me being too hot than a baby I suppose? I’m reaching aren’t I

• Heart
Thank you both for replying. I’m going to ask for take home meds this time. They can only say no.
I was so desperate to get out of there I don’t think I made the list of the decent meds 😂
I think I might get the socks, for £10 if it stops swelling I suppose it won’t hurt, I can always take them off. It’s bad enough the last few days heat. If we get a good summer I guess June will only be worse.

Baby R likes being swaddled. He just really likes being scrunched up 🥰
That picture just makes me desperate to have little one here already 🩵 I mean, I don’t want them to come early but I’m so ready to get onto the next part.

My midwife said to me the other day, wake up and take 2 paracetomal and 2 ibuprofen, then 4 hrs later paracetamol, then 4 hrs after that ibuprofen and paracetomal again
I’m trying to think now, I was sure it was 2 hourly but maybe not. I know I was staggering so I was never long without and had them all in a weekly pill box for the day and it filled 7 or 8 spaces a day.
I’m thinking maybe it was 3 hourly as google says no more than 3-4 doses of ibruprofen and 4 paracetamol in 24 hrs.
Anyway, I’m sure they’ll tell me, just perhaps I can stop hoarding them now 😂😂

• Heart
Only just got to sleep then my husband woke me up to say the Northern Lights were visible in the sky so I guess that’s me now up all night! Hello insomnia crew!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Thank you both for replying. I’m going to ask for take home meds this time. They can only say no.
I was so desperate to get out of there I don’t think I made the list of the decent meds 😂
I think I might get the socks, for £10 if it stops swelling I suppose it won’t hurt, I can always take them off. It’s bad enough the last few days heat. If we get a good summer I guess June will only be worse.

That picture just makes me desperate to have little one here already 🩵 I mean, I don’t want them to come early but I’m so ready to get onto the next part.

I’m trying to think now, I was sure it was 2 hourly but maybe not. I know I was staggering so I was never long without and had them all in a weekly pill box for the day and it filled 7 or 8 spaces a day.
I’m thinking maybe it was 3 hourly as google says no more than 3-4 doses of ibruprofen and 4 paracetamol in 24 hrs.
I imagine everyone gets told different but it was 8 hrs for ibuprofen and 4 for paracetamol from my midwife! Maybe ask at your next appointment and just say you’re getting pain ready and want to know ready 🤍

• Heart

I was desperate to get home too but one of the overnight midwife assistants on Wednesday had said to me when the doctors do their rounds on Thursday morning to ask then for pain relief to take home, even if you’re not sure if you’ll need it, so that it’s signed off ready for when you get discharged later in the day. It meant when it was time for me to go they didn’t have to chase another doctor to prescribe it then get it sorted, it was ready with all my other discharge meds.

I really would get the socks, especially for £10 if that’s affordable. Like you say you can just take them off if you need to, but I think I would have really benefitted from having them. I did come home with some on but I’d been so hot and sweaty in the hospital room I couldn’t wait to peel them off. I wish I hadn’t now though because I cannot express enough how swollen my feet are 😳 it feels like if I poke them with a needle they’ll either explode or spring a leak 🤣

I was told every 4hrs for both for paracetamol and ibuprofen and to take them at the same time but I think every midwife/doctor tells you different! I’m trying to make sure I’m strict with my timings now so I can wean down the oramorph dose to make it last a few more days. I’ve hoarded plenty though! I’ve made sure I’ve got 2 boxes of each in each room as a start, then an extra 2 boxes of each where I sit on the sofa, a box of each in every nappy caddy around the house and then about 10 boxes of each in the kitchen cupboard 😂

• Heart
I imagine everyone gets told different but it was 8 hrs for ibuprofen and 4 for paracetamol from my midwife! Maybe ask at your next appointment and just say you’re getting pain ready and want to know ready 🤍
You’re right, I’ll ask. I’ve not agreed anything yet so avoided asking too much.
I wanted to book it late, hope for labour naturally before hand and get the section on arrival but that’s risky now with baby measuring so big. Plus, they’ve been breech for weeks - keep going transverse & never make it all they way round so I don’t hold much hope for head down.

I’ve got midwife, scan and consultant next week so it’s probably time to stop fanning around and commit to a plan.

*most, not list!
---
I was desperate to get home too but one of the overnight midwife assistants on Wednesday had said to me when the doctors do their rounds on Thursday morning to ask then for pain relief to take home, even if you’re not sure if you’ll need it, so that it’s signed off ready for when you get discharged later in the day. It meant when it was time for me to go they didn’t have to chase another doctor to prescribe it then get it sorted, it was ready with all my other discharge meds.

I really would get the socks, especially for £10 if that’s affordable. Like you say you can just take them off if you need to,

I was told every 4hrs for both for paracetamol and ibuprofen and to take them at the same time but I think every midwife/doctor tells you different!
Thank you. I’ll definitely ask then, I don’t think it occurred to me to ask last time because they said just do the over the counter but my brain was fried. Determined to be prepared this tine and advocate for myself properly!

I’ll get the socks too. Can’t hurt. I’ve seen zip up ones so maybe I’ll get them because the regular ones are a baatard to get on 😂

Mad how different advice can be within the same organisation! No wonder we all feel a bit confused by it all at times with so much conflicting info and different practices.

Last edited:
  • Heart
You’re right, I’ll ask. I’ve not agreed anything yet so avoided asking too much.
I wanted to book it late, hope for labour naturally before hand and get the section on arrival but that’s risky now with baby measuring so big. Plus, they’ve been breech for weeks - keep going transverse & never make it all they way round so I don’t hold much hope for head down.

I’ve got midwife, scan and consultant next week so it’s probably time to stop fanning around and commit to a plan.

*most, not list!
---

Thank you. I’ll definitely ask then, I don’t think it occurred to me to ask last time because they said just do the over the counter but my brain was fried. Determined to be prepared this tine and advocate for myself properly!

I’ll get the socks too. Can’t hurt. I’ve seen zip up ones so maybe I’ll get them because the regular ones are a baatard to get on 😂

Mad how different advice can be within the same organisation! No wonder we all feel a bit confused by it all at times with so much conflicting info and different practices.
My section was an emergency section so I had no time to prepare, it all got thrown at me all so suddenly I had no times to process it! She weren’t here long after they said I was having one so I was too shocked to ask any questions! I’d have a big long list if I was booked in for one like you! No harm in asking, being prepared is a good thing!

• Heart
Only just got to sleep then my husband woke me up to say the Northern Lights were visible in the sky so I guess that’s me now up all night! Hello insomnia crew!
I feel like I’ve woken up to the whole of the UK having seen them and I was for once fast asleep 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I feel like I’ve woken up to the whole of the UK having seen them and I was for once fast asleep 😂
I tried to stay up past 9 to watch them. Got some okay pics and then seen everyone on social media got amazing pics so now I’m grumpy and feel like I’ve been on a night out 😂

• Haha
Pregnancy is so rough sometimes. I’ve spent most of the morning crying over how my body looks 😭 I’ve always struggled with body image to be fair but throughout my pregnancy I’ve just been embracing it because I’m so lucky to be in this position but this morning I couldn’t find anything to wear because it’s not hot but it’s not cold but I’m sweating and I just lost my tit 😩 my room looks like it’s been turned upside down. I think I’ve searched every website possible for new maternity clothes. Things that fit me lovely 2 weeks ago now don’t fit and my face is suddenly very round. I feel like front on my bump makes me look really wide like a whale and ughhh man it’s just so hard seeing yourself change so much in such a short space of time. 😢 I don’t wanna sound like an awful person because I’m so grateful to be growing this little boy but god the mental side of it is tough sometimes

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Pregnancy is so rough sometimes. I’ve spent most of the morning crying over how my body looks 😭 I’ve always struggled with body image to be fair but throughout my pregnancy I’ve just been embracing it because I’m so lucky to be in this position but this morning I couldn’t find anything to wear because it’s not hot but it’s not cold but I’m sweating and I just lost my tit 😩 my room looks like it’s been turned upside down. I think I’ve searched every website possible for new maternity clothes. Things that fit me lovely 2 weeks ago now don’t fit and my face is suddenly very round. I feel like front on my bump makes me look really wide like a whale and ughhh man it’s just so hard seeing yourself change so much in such a short space of time. 😢 I don’t wanna sound like an awful person because I’m so grateful to be growing this little boy but god the mental side of it is tough sometimes
You don’t sound like an awful person at all. Your body is going through drastic changes in such a short space of time and your hormones are all over the place, it’s completely okay to feel the way you do ❤

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.