Pregnancy #57

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Guys can I eat kfc? I keep reading conflicting answers 😩 popcorn chicken and hot wings are calling my name!
Yes! And enjoy it, sometimes it's all I think about and HAVE to have a twister wrap 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I hope so because this baby was a mini fillet for the first 4 months because it’s all I could keep down when my HG was horrendous 🤣

You’ll be fine just check it’s not pink! Enjoy your chicken 😘
Hahaha love that! A baby fillet 😂 thank you, you’re the best!
---
Yes! And enjoy it, sometimes it's all I think about and HAVE to have a twister wrap 😂
😂😂 cravings are so funny! Thank you🫶

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Guys can I eat kfc? I keep reading conflicting answers 😩 popcorn chicken and hot wings are calling my name!
I bloody hope so! I’ve always thought kfc was tit but since being pregnant I’ve been smashing the boneless banquets 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It just hits different in pregnancy 😂 I’ll happily go without chocolate, cake etc but you’ll have to snatch my mini fillets and gravy from my cold dead hands right now 😂
---
Hahaha love that! A baby fillet 😂 thank you, you’re the best!
We actually called him mini fillet before we knew he was a boy 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Hi all 👋🏻

I've been following this thread for a week or so - I am currently 5 weeks with my first and your posts have been giving me lots of reassurance and laughs along the way.

I'm in the boat of not really knowing how to feel (no one but my partner and I know), anxious that the community midwife team haven't called back from my initial request for an appointment last week and also feeling a little bloated but quite short tempered as well! I was shamefully a smoker up until the day I found out so went cold turkey so I'm pretty sure that's the reason for a lot of how I'm feeling!

Anyway - just wanted to plonk myself here and say thank you!
I’ve got my first booking appointment on Thursday I’ll be 11 weeks! Feel like my doctors is taking the mick I just want to get the scan done so I can tell people and feel reassured 😂

• Heart
Only just back from the hospital for my CTG. Thankfully they were happy with her movements today and told me to just come back on Saturday for a scan and another CTG. So glad I don’t have to go in daily!!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Only just back from the hospital for my CTG. Thankfully they were happy with her movements today and told me to just come back on Saturday for a scan and another CTG. So glad I don’t have to go in daily!!
Awh I’m so glad you’re all okay! Hopefully you can get nice and cozy at home now ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Ah hopefully the GD test is normal, my blood sugars went down after the drink somehow 😂
I honestly just have to take all the measuring with a pinch of salt now though, my first was apparently 8lb at 36 weeks, had him a week later and he was barely over 6lb. It's all a big guessing game for the most part isn't it!
Have they given you an indication of what they will do if the growth isn't as expected either way?
Annoyingly they only tell you if you’ve got it so hopefully they’re not late with the results.
They’ve not really said what’ll happen if they’re really big but hinted at coming earlier and planned C-section. I was debating VBAC but I definitely don’t want an induction so I’m fine with that really, tbh, I’ll happily have them out as soon as is safe.
My first, born at 39wks, was bang on 7lbs as predicted. I’d had growth scans due to being a smoker before I got pregnant but only toward the end as the had me on the wrong pathway 🙄
OH is stocky and was a big baby but neither of us are particularly big and LO is quite diddy so I never expected we’d make a big baby 😂

• Heart
I’ve got my first booking appointment on Thursday I’ll be 11 weeks! Feel like my doctors is taking the mick I just want to get the scan done so I can tell people and feel reassured 😂
I was 11 weeks at my booking appointment and she practically told me off for it being so late, even though I’d notified them at 6 weeks and the appointment date came through at 8 weeks.. I was like erm you lot sent me the appointment 🙄🖕🏼

Anyway the hospital rang me the next day and booked my scan over the phone for 12 weeks so I wasn’t held up even though I’d braced myself for a delay!

——

Ive got a really numb patch of skin like at the top of my bump, down from the middle of my boobs. It’s driving me mad now I’ve noticed it cause I keep prodding it to see if the feeling is back but it just feels weird and numb 😩

• Heart
Reactions: 4
We have our 20 week scan tomorrow, I'm so excited to see her again and check everything is on track 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Because we like to live our lives in a constant level of chaos, Baby 3 is due December 2024, although if the last 2 are anything to go by, I am fully expecting a November baby! 3 under 3 - who needs sleep anyway!
Wow this is amazing news! Congrats ❤

Can anyone be an angel and tell me what specifically I can use for thrush? GP is being awkward and told me to go to pharmacy, I've been to 2 and they refuse to suggest anything saying it needs to be prescribed first!!! Surely it shouldn't be this difficult 😳
I'm 31 weeks if that helps.

Any book recommendations? Pregnancy, labour, first time mam - anything 😊
Amazing book truly a must read in my opinion
---
Can anyone be an angel and tell me what specifically I can use for thrush? GP is being awkward and told me to go to pharmacy, I've been to 2 and they refuse to suggest anything saying it needs to be prescribed first!!! Surely it shouldn't be this difficult 😳
I'm 31 weeks if that helps.
Canasten pessary is the only safe treatment for thrush whilst pregnant. None of the tablets are. You can just buy in any Boots / supermarket / Amazon prime. Do not use the applicator it comes with, you have to insert it yourself. Just in case you put it in too far apparently, so just put it in to a point that feels comfortable still. If you get one that comes with the external cream too, that is also safe. It’s just the tablets that aren’t. I think a doctor CAN prescribe the tablets but ideally not, I think they only do if it’s a reoccurring problem so definitely try pessary first

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
I was 11 weeks at my booking appointment and she practically told me off for it being so late, even though I’d notified them at 6 weeks and the appointment date came through at 8 weeks.. I was like erm you lot sent me the appointment 🙄🖕🏼

Anyway the hospital rang me the next day and booked my scan over the phone for 12 weeks so I wasn’t held up even though I’d braced myself for a delay!

——

Ive got a really numb patch of skin like at the top of my bump, down from the middle of my boobs. It’s driving me mad now I’ve noticed it cause I keep prodding it to see if the feeling is back but it just feels weird and numb 😩
I’m 9 weeks today and haven’t booked in still, luckily I’ve had some reassurance scans but I’ve just moved and really really don’t want to give birth at the hospital near me so I need to figure out where asap now I’ve read this 🤦🏼‍♀️😂

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.