Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

dressagediva

Hi fellow PCDs! Retro one-er here.

I saw the drama on the Facebook group and have hunted down this thread to see for myself! I'm only on Tattle to talk about equestrian influencers really - and mostly positive stuff apart from the ones who mistreat their horses so boo to anyone who thinks Tattle is just mindless bitching.

I couldn't find anything that bad on the big thread tbh - literally anyone doing Go Fund Me for anything other than charity is going to be viewed with suspicion given how many grifters and dodgy characters have done it. What did they expect?! Sure they might be genuinely lovely people having a hard time - aren't we all - but no one really knows who anyone is online and it's very very easy for well meaning people to be conned and exploited.

I'm always very skeptical about anyone asking or hinting for money online and I think everyone should be.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

MesaLoca

After the tattle referencing in the group I re-read all my posts in the first thread and I stand by them all. I literally said the poster was a good egg and had a post on that, and
he still threatened to dox me?!? Imagine if I’d said something terrible — I wouldn’t, not my vibe. moving forward, I’m only gonna come on here to talk about the show and the lads. This thread is a rave thread for them, not the group.
I'm not sure he is a good egg from the way he posted about you. The pass-agg use of 'sweetheart' is usually a good indicator of how a bloke feels about women in general.

Reactions: 12

Slop n slide

OMG. So I’ve just rediscovered this page after (wrongly!!) thinking it had petered out. I must have switched the notifications off or something. As the founder of the page can I just say how very proud I am that it got a mention on the bin fire that is the Facebook group 🤣🤣🤣 (which is how I ended up back here!!). Excellent job keeping the page moving, lads. I’m so happy to be back.

I saw Howl in London and it was just incredible. Really hard to put it into words.

I’m very happy with two podcasts a week and DELIGHTED that Johnny JR is on Taskmaster. I adore him.

I don’t know if I’ve caught up with everything on here but I’d also like to give ‘Lorraine Kelly would get it’ a special mention lolololololol.

• Heart
  • Haha

Ello22

Another new recruit who’s jumped ship from the FB group here!

Glad I discovered you. The FB group is all very safe and welcoming and all that until anyone shares any misgivings re the show’s new format, new dominance of Dave etc. Then they seemed to get shouted down and criticised for having a bad attitude.

Never felt happy to post anything there tbh good or bad. Also, it doesn’t sit comfortably with me that people share the most private moments and anyone in the group can see their profile/could know them. Much better to be anonymous.

• Heart

Javert

Presumably they were given a significant pay rise and also the vibe at the bbc was probably more in keeping with their brand than the “laddy” Radio X.
---
Reading the comments on the FB group, we’re apparently all subhuman scum who should be booted out of all PCD related groups. The irony being that I’ve seen much more unpleasant behaviours on that page than here. There’s a small core of gatekeepers in that group who do my head in.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11

fishyfishfish

VIP Member
After the tattle referencing in the group I re-read all my posts in the first thread and I stand by them all. I literally said the poster was a good egg and had a post on that, and
he still threatened to dox me?!? Imagine if I’d said something terrible — I wouldn’t, not my vibe. moving forward, I’m only gonna come on here to talk about the show and the lads. This thread is a rave thread for them, not the group.

• Heart

just lurking 99

Just for the record, I found the pile-on really upsetting. 150 people from 'the nicest place on the internet' calling us subhuman scum = not cool. As I said at the time, all the original poster (who brought us to everyone's attention) did, was to cause hurt and upset (on both sides) whilst there really was no need for any of it, and the whole thing was a MASSIVE overreaction to nothing much. (It did also remind me of a certain JM realeasing her 'flying monkeys' to deal with anyone who dared criticise her)

I still don't agree that people should use a FB page to beg money for themselves (charity or other unique good causes notwithstanding), and I think it is absolutely fine to talk about things away from the 'main group', where the chat isn't meant to be read by them or aimed at them. If I wanted to upset someone, I would post that they are a subhuman scum on a FB group containing 20,000+ people (and hey, that's not how I roll).

So yeah, just wanted to say that. Hope everyone is alright :)

• Heart

SwishSwing

VIP Member
OMG. So I’ve just rediscovered this page after (wrongly!!) thinking it had petered out. I must have switched the notifications off or something. As the founder of the page can I just say how very proud I am that it got a mention on the bin fire that is the Facebook group 🤣🤣🤣 (which is how I ended up back here!!). Excellent job keeping the page moving, lads. I’m so happy to be back.

I saw Howl in London and it was just incredible. Really hard to put it into words.

I’m very happy with two podcasts a week and DELIGHTED that Johnny JR is on Taskmaster. I adore him.

I don’t know if I’ve caught up with everything on here but I’d also like to give ‘Lorraine Kelly would get it’ a special mention lolololololol.
I feel the same about Howl. It's hard to describe it to people. My friend came with me to see it, having never heard the podcast or even of John before aside what i had told her (which I know is a controversial choice of gig companion) but she adored it as much as I did, and now follows John and his work (though not the podcast because she's not a podcast girlie). Anyway what I'm trying to say is that Howl transcends just the guys and can touch a whole host of people,but try and explain to someone "well it's a show about him realising he has issues with alcohol because he needed a slotted spoon, but it's hilarious honest".

• Heart
Reactions: 10

fishyfishfish

VIP Member
Sorry but absolutely howling laughing at the Facebook group as someone heard Elis on 6 Music just now talking about "John's Legacy" and they have assumed because of this John might be dead.

Tbf pretty much everyone on there calling it out as an insane thought but still very funny
It’s giving “David’s dead” energy aka one of the best clips of all time

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10

SwishSwing

VIP Member
Another new recruit who’s jumped ship from the FB group here!

Glad I discovered you. The FB group is all very safe and welcoming and all that until anyone shares any misgivings re the show’s new format, new dominance of Dave etc. Then they seemed to get shouted down and criticised for having a bad attitude.

Never felt happy to post anything there tbh good or bad. Also, it doesn’t sit comfortably with me that people share the most private moments and anyone in the group can see their profile/could know them. Much better to be anonymous.
New dominance of Dave? Oh, yes, please. 🥵

Sorry, I have the mind of a 14 year old boy.

Welcome! We're a nice bunch! 👋🏽

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9

Slop n slide

The gym chat was so good. I loved how smug John was and how Dave strung out the results of the review of Elis' form 😂.

I can see why some people find gym chat dull but for me, like everything else, it doesn't really matter what the topic is. It's how they talk about it that makes me chuckle. I think a lot of it is tongue in cheek as well. Sometimes I find myself saying to someone 'they were talking about xxx in this podcast' and they will often ask why I was listening to such a dry podcast :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

Slop n slide

Is this a Sali Hughes situation? That this situation has only driven more people here?
That would be hilarious. I bet there are loads of people on there who agree with us but don’t want to get involved with the drama so have ended up here.

If that’s you, welcome aboard! This is much nicer forum that mostly talks about how much we love the boys but also sometimes pokes fun lightheartedly at the pearl clutchers and neck beards on facey b 🤭

fishyfishfish

VIP Member
I'm not sure he is a good egg from the way he posted about you. The pass-agg use of 'sweetheart' is usually a good indicator of how a bloke feels about women in general.
Oh absolutely— I just meant if he read every post in the last thread he will have seen that I was there saying he was one of the good ones. I’ve now left the group and blocked a couple of people as they’re in other groups I’m in.

• Heart

Slop n slide

Guys. I chatted to my sister last night 🍉 who is also a PCD. She knows nothing of Tattle (other than the occasional vague reference I’ve made to JM) but we do sometimes talk about the FB page and how it can be a bit problematic at times (and quite entertaining 😆). I told her about the big Facey b exposè and her jaw dropped!! She had seen the post and come to Tattle last week to see it for herself. She genuinely had no idea of my involvement but she said she wholeheartedly agrees with us and felt like the poster that referenced us was a total sap. It was actually a really lovely moment because she referenced a few of our posts, including some of my own, that she said really resonated with her ❤❤❤. We also laughed at that bozo supposedly triangulating Fishy and some of us too. Good luck with that, lads 😂.

As a result of this exchange, I went back and re-read some of the posts here. All of them are totally justified and not even a tiny bit as nasty as they have suggested. I also had a good old LOL at the Jackisms that have crept in on this thread. Imagine coming here from the Facebook page and being totally befuddled by phrases like ‘dear heart’, ‘tenderstem’ and ‘thankspaceyou’ 😂😂😂. They must think we're all completely off our heads 🤣.

My sister was also very curious about the melon emoji. I did try to explain it her but I think perhaps I confused her even more.

• Heart

CocoCottesmore

I have also seen people in the sub groups slagging off the main group and criticising individual members. So yes, some self reflection may not be a bad idea over there.

Reactions: 8

adviseplz

VIP Member
When they intro'd him, I thought 'oh that's a lovely blue on John' like I'm his grandmother or something.

• Haha
  • Heart

Phil I Buster

VIP Member
I think that’s a great idea. 👍🏽

Up the lads. Or something.

Slop n slide

I do feel slightly responsible because I was the one most vocal about the gofundme posts. I’m sorry if by my comments here anybody has found the FB posts upsetting
At risk of speaking on the behalf of others, I don't think you need to apologise at all. It's the people posting on FB that are to blame. They've (surprise surprise) massively blown it out of proportion and brought unnecessary attention to it!

In more sunny news...

🔊HAPPY PODCAST DAY 🔊

• Heart

fishyfishfish

VIP Member
I think it speaks volumes that they couldn’t screenshot /direct quote a single ‘awful’ thing that we said. Before I left I even saw someone accuse us of making hateful remarks about Elis and Dave’s kids…unless I’ve got someone on ignore who said that stuff (possible but unlikely) then I’m just not seeing it.

The pile on was vile but I doubt it will come up again now, so we can go back to enjoying our ‘horrible’ little thread in peace 💗💗💗

I’m not surprised that people don’t love John on the TM thread. His competitiveness could be off putting for sure!

• Heart