MOD & FOD #32 Herringbone, it’s Clem. I need new locks, the skeletons have escaped

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Herringbone project may have "ended last summer", but the features about it were new, weren't they? Wasn't it just in the last week or so that they posted up the instagram post etc?
Oh the “dressing room” (aka ugly kitchen) was up until 3ish days ago on IG and their website as a case study. So they can try to sugarcoat the SOD’s as past clients all they want, but nope. It’s only just been deleted.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Not a #AD but Little blue nest has the cutest designs for muslins, comforters and quilts. They also have a bundle package where you save 25% over buying individually.

There's also sling libraries- you might have one in your area, where you can try on a number of different slings and see which one works/ how to use it and are asked to make a small donation- the one near me had £2 listed.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Not a #AD but Little blue nest has the cutest designs for muslins, comforters and quilts. They also have a bundle package where you save 25% over buying individually.
Is this an #affiliate link?! 😂
On a serious note thanks for sharing.

• Haha
I know it’s autocorrect but I am CRYING at ‘glen’ 😂
😂😂 Glen is Clemmie’s alter ego, I’m thinking about exactly what his personality is like but I’m thinking pervy uncle

I think he must have done an annual subscription - it’s really embarrassing that the bots come in clumps of nationality and occupation. He’s had, amongst others, Brazilian, Russian & Chinese, dentist, vets and artists. It’s hilarious because there’s no rhyme or reason why these folk would follow him even if his account was mentioned in “gum infection weekly”.
What a sad sad desperado he is. 😏
How can you see his new followers?
He’s such a doofus

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Is this an #affiliate link?! 😂
On a serious note thanks for sharing.
Sorry hun on the phone right now- I'll post it in a min.

I'm trying to build my following innit and get me some #gifted grass. (like triplet family)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
boba 4g was my jam for baby wearing - awesome piece of kit (and cool enough for mr stapp to wear too). check if you have a local sling library - you can get help and support to find the right kind of sling for you and also often hire them to try before you commit as they can be $$.

There's also sling libraries- you might have one in your area, where you can try on a number of different slings and see which one works/ how to use it and are asked to make a small donation- the one near me had £2 listed.
haha sorry missed this bit. great advice!

Reactions: 3
😂😂 Glen is Clemmie’s alter ego, I’m thinking about exactly what his personality is like but I’m thinking pervy uncle

How can you see his new followers?
He’s such a doofus
Just click on his followers and it shows all of them. The most recent are the newest - that’s the most beautiful thing Instagram ever did! 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
@heretoreaditall2019 I loved the giant Aden & Anais bamboo muslin squares, they’re about 120cms and wash up so soft and light. There are so many baby things that are just a ridiculous rip off, but I genuinely feel like those are worth the money. Re slings, I would suggest borrowing or EBay if you can, or at least having a good long try with various types. I used completely different slings with all of my children, and they can work differently for what you want to use them for. I used one of those soft slouchy ones for around the house or maybe a trip to a cafe or restaurant (sob 😭), but for any proper walk I had some sort of ergonomic upright thing. I had so many different ones I can’t even remember what they were called. I remember when one of mine got bigger I got something that just sort of supports them on your hip. Like everything with babies, try and try, and do what feels comfortable.

• Heart
This is great - but if they are such champions of the cause, then why did they delete my comments and block me after I wrote that I wouldn’t shop with a company that worked with accounts such as FOD and HOH given their association with a racist individual?
So now, they do agree with me after all but still deleted and blocked me? Bollocks. They saw the shift the public opinion and then changed their views accordingly.
Not sure about Freeriders, they were after my time! It’s a decade since I had my first and slings have got a lot more mass market (which is good) so there’s loads of choice. I used mine constantly as my eldest just wouldn’t settle in a pram. It was good in many ways as it made public transport a doddle (live in London) and she would sleep on me as I did stuff round the house. Downside was that it could get a bit tricky to eat as she got bigger!

The stretchies are all really good for newborns as they make them feel very secure, and they are cheaper than the structured ones. There are a few manufacturers - I had Moby ones but they’re all very similar. Tying them takes getting used to but once you’ve got the knack it takes seconds. I’ve probably still got one lying around - if you DM me your address I’ll send it to you. Just had a look at the Freerider site - they look exactly the same but the Moby types are jersey and those look lighter. Expensive but frankly I can’t talk as I became a sling addict and had loads - it’s very easy to do.

I also had a couple of the structured ones - an Ergo and a Manduca. They can have newborn inserts and my littlest went straight into one, but are good for your kids up to toddler.

This is a fairly good round up of sling types and I would definitely recommend finding a sling library (Covid permitting) as every baby and mum is different, and you might find a sling you absolutely love that you’ve never heard of.

Another lover of slings here, my son had horrible reflux and colic and I found a sling invaluable. I was really lucky that my town had a sling library where you could go along, be shown how to put it on, put baby in safely (hip position wise) and then rent them and upgrade to more structured carriers as they grew bigger and just try some out before buying. Could be worth seeing if you have anything like that nearby if you wanted to have a go with different ones? Although having said that due to Covid-19 they’re likely to not be operating in the same way.

Just to keep on thread and to @Dogmuck post about FOD buying followers....just why?! It’s so obvious and more so this week. Does he/they really think people are that stupid?
Thank you SO much for all the sling advice!! I’m going to read up on it all this weekend ❤❤❤

Edit: and thank you @PoorPatrol!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Attempting to moderate, or telling people what to post is against the rules, please report, keep scrolling or ignore a user - Please read our rules and why they're important
Please can we keep to the thread topic! Understand people want to have discussions around other things, and you are are free to set up another thread in another section and share a link but let’s keep this one about the SODs! Sorry to moan but it’s really difficult to keep track if comments are spiralling onto other subjects.

Oops, sorry. Although I saw it as striking a blow against the influencer bullshit by offering normal advice.
Don’t worry, the conversation came about as we were talking about stuff Clemmie tried to sell to pregnant/new mums....and we gave real life advice on what really works!

(Ps @heretoreaditall2019 we found the Gro brand swaddles really good) my boy used to wave his hands round like crazy and wake himself up then get upset so swaddling helped us!)

• Heart
Took it upon myself to message Herringbone Kitchens and have had a reply - they seem to want to disassociate themselves from the Hoopers completely which is AMAZING news!
I have to say I think this is a really unprofessional reply, she shouldn’t be talking about past employees whatever the reason and they haven’t deleted the kitchen it’s still on their website as I was looking for kitchens over the last few weeks.

i believe education over punishment is often better, or else nothing changes?

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.