MOD & FOD #15 Now we know Slymon really is a prick, because all he’s doing is taking the mick!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Makes me laugh that despite MODs silence she’s still able to unfollow people....anything to attract attention!

Reactions: 3
This is good

In the few instances I have worked with larger influencers, the experience has always been the opposite. Entitled individuals who at best think themselves too important to speak to collaborators themselves, but instead force you to converse with their managers or agencies (very often inexperienced young girls with an even higher sense of entitlement that are just difficult to work with, Hooper included), and at worst will think nothing of charging £5000 for a badly taken smartphone photo and caption with no thought to run it through a spell checker, leaving you to improve their content for them, then pay them for the service.

Of course, this is the behind the scenes stuff. The stuff that even brands themselves don’t see a lot of the time, just the comms teams that organise the work. But what it results in is fakery. When influencers will say ‘yes’ to any brand deal that pays, they lose their influence (and it won’t take long for their audience to see it). What you end up with is an Instagram feed full of brand content disguised as normal life, leaving consumers feeling inadequate and pressured into spending to keep up. I’m not personally a big consumer, but still feel the pull of this.

There’s an awful lot about the current environmental crisis that is tied into consumerism. I’ll always want to work with brands that are built around sustainability, and make room in their industries for ethical retail that sells a story we want to follow. But I no longer believe influencers are something I can put my time into as part of that.

A re-focus on genuine, organic social media and digital marketing, traditional PR that allows newsworthy content to be given priority by the right publications, and content marketing that accurately conveys the messages a brand has to its audience will firmly make up Ella St Communications’ offerings.

As an organisation that promotes sustainability, I have to address the ethics behind consuming. I believe the most ethical ways of communicating sustainability are those using the methods mentioned above, and I’m looking forward to working with brands that agree with my stance on this.

Oh, and a big middle finger to Clemmie Hooper, you big twit.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Mumofmadlads is still bleeding this drama dry. Bet she’s over the moon she’s managed to bag an interview on it.

Reactions: 10
This is good

In the few instances I have worked with larger influencers, the experience has always been the opposite. Entitled individuals who at best think themselves too important to speak to collaborators themselves, but instead force you to converse with their managers or agencies (very often inexperienced young girls with an even higher sense of entitlement that are just difficult to work with, Hooper included), and at worst will think nothing of charging £5000 for a badly taken smartphone photo and caption with no thought to run it through a spell checker, leaving you to improve their content for them, then pay them for the service.

Of course, this is the behind the scenes stuff. The stuff that even brands themselves don’t see a lot of the time, just the comms teams that organise the work. But what it results in is fakery. When influencers will say ‘yes’ to any brand deal that pays, they lose their influence (and it won’t take long for their audience to see it). What you end up with is an Instagram feed full of brand content disguised as normal life, leaving consumers feeling inadequate and pressured into spending to keep up. I’m not personally a big consumer, but still feel the pull of this.

There’s an awful lot about the current environmental crisis that is tied into consumerism. I’ll always want to work with brands that are built around sustainability, and make room in their industries for ethical retail that sells a story we want to follow. But I no longer believe influencers are something I can put my time into as part of that.

A re-focus on genuine, organic social media and digital marketing, traditional PR that allows newsworthy content to be given priority by the right publications, and content marketing that accurately conveys the messages a brand has to its audience will firmly make up Ella St Communications’ offerings.

As an organisation that promotes sustainability, I have to address the ethics behind consuming. I believe the most ethical ways of communicating sustainability are those using the methods mentioned above, and I’m looking forward to working with brands that agree with my stance on this.

Oh, and a big middle finger to Clemmie Hooper, you big twit.

I've also worked with lots of these influencers and echo every word of this. The girls (and occasionally boys) from the agencies representing them are just vile, with barely a brain cell between them. So unlikeable they make the 'talent' (LOL) they represent seem nice in comparison.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Have been following ALL the threads on this for the last week (first time commenting, Hi!) and last night I actually DREAMT that CH recorded a video slagging them all off 😂
Clemmie - I really need you to post something now because I’m apparently dreaming about this fiasco and I’d really like to know where it’s going next.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Now that he’s started posting just his ‘humour’, rather than endless ads you realise how empty his life is. Now that he can’t start everything with “have you ever wondered...well now you can XXX” or “we all have times when, but here’s XXXX to the rescue...” he really has very little to say. It’s quite tragic.
Tragic is being seriously ill or struggling financially not your followers realising you are quite a bore without the crutch of selling your kids because your wife has been a dick 🤨

He's definitely got loads of ads lined up, we're within the highest paying couple of weeks at the moment.

Management will be trying to push them back until it blows over while fod is padding out his grid in the hopes of getting back to business as normal asap.
Oh yes just think of all that Christmas advertising they are both missing out on - GOOD 😛

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Tragic is being seriously ill or struggling financially not your followers realising you are quite a bore without the crutch of selling your kids because your wife has been a dick 🤨

Oh yes just think of all that Christmas advertising they are both missing out on - GOOD 😛
What will they eat on Christmas day? What will the girls have to unwrap? Where will they go if nobody pays for them to visit Santa or lie on a beach? They'd probably planned on their whole Christmas being "gifted" to them

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Can UGG and the others go on their own threads? Come on to catch up and its mostly about other people not even in relation to MOD!

Reactions: 23
She's blocked me on Instagram because I sent her a message 😂... She does read them guys

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Can UGG and the others go on their own threads? Come on to catch up and its mostly about other people not even in relation to MOD!
Report them. This thread is going off on a tangent a lot just because of a natural flow in the conversation but it does de-rail it for those of us just here for MOD/ FOD and waiting to see what mods next steps will be 😄

Reactions: 5
8DD90708-BC99-4425-BE20-0DCF55FC83BD.jpeg

Just working on an essay at the moment and as I was scrolling I saw this in the NMC code. Thought that this might be what the NMC may challenge MOD on

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.