Millie Mackintosh #3 absolutely nondescript both in personality and appearance

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This sort of ad would be classed as brand/awareness rather than performance (eg click my link/use my discount code/convert asap). It’s a way for Disney to fairly cheaply remind x people that she reaches that they exist so they’re front of mind/considered by consumers when the time comes to book a holiday. They’d have partnered with Millie under the belief millennial mums will find her aspirational so perceive Disney as a more luxe experience too, so might opt for it over something else. These sorts of campaigns are rarely measured/reviewed which is why influencers get away with absolute murder with them, as a mum on the fence about booking Disney Paris it’s done nothing to convince me. I’d like to see the nitty gritty as I’m scared it’s gonna be grim af lol.
Thanks for explaining! Watching the ad just put me off wanting to go because she got it free 😂 and lots of friends have told me how expensive and crazy it is there.

Reactions: 2
Where these freeloaders go for free, I automatically avoid. So it make a darn bit of difference with the #ad #prstay.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I am so happy I found a Millie thread!!

I cannot express how much she gets on my nerves! She’s a car crash waiting to happen!

The trip to Disneyland that was just a humble brag they got it for free, rather than any actual info really got on my tits.

as for the reels. What the actual duck. They’re just stories of things that haven’t actually happened.

give up trying to be a mum blogger Millie. They’re not cool anymore and neither are you.

Reactions: 9
Wouldn’t say Disney was a lux experience anyway. Crowds, noise, queues, commercial tat, list goes on. Give me a villa holiday any day. Behind the smoke screen is probably one stressed ‘mamna’, oh wait ‘nanny’

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Wouldn’t say Disney was a lux experience anyway. Crowds, noise, queues, commercial tat, list goes on. Give me a villa holiday any day. Behind the smoke screen is probably one stressed ‘mamna’, oh wait ‘nanny’
I second this. Disney is a nightmare. (sorry to those who like it). Been once, that's more than enough for me. I'd much rather a place that was secluded, no influenzas around, no tourists, just your regular guests that want R&R. A chef on hand, message therapy, listening to the sea, or music. Crowds & Disney are my idea of hell.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I second this. Disney is a nightmare. (sorry to those who like it). Been once, that's more than enough for me. I'd much rather a place that was secluded, no influenzas around, no tourists, just your regular guests that want R&R. A chef on hand, message therapy, listening to the sea, or music. Crowds & Disney are my idea of hell.
Thank you for sharing your experiences, it’s genuinely useful, and free 😂 agree it’s something I’m going to have to endure at some point just for my daughter, like you just the once, Disney should lean into that and create a one & done guide for reluctant parents really but influencer marketing is cheap and easy so hey ho this is what we get instead 😅

+ just to correct the above - at no point did I say Disney Paris was luxe, but that’s why they’ll have partnered specifically with her as the perception of it is p grim.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I don’t think (and obvs there’s no data to substantiate this point lol) most people are not aware that they’re being sold to/monetised, or at least the extent of it, so are naively enjoying that content blissfully unaware? Ultimately these influencers are just brand reps/peer to peer sales people, in the same way we wouldn’t seek out MLM girl bosses we shouldn’t seek them out 🥲 (early) motherhood is made so much worse by them too they’re so exploitative in targeting hormonal women flogging utter shite!
I was thinking about the negative affect insta mums must have on new mums. They must make young mums feel they are doing something wrong if they don't get PND and completely ignore the fact that around 1 in 7 mums do get the blues for a week or so after giving birth due the drop in hormones and of those mums only 1 in 7 will go on to get PND - and yet you'd think every new mum gets it but it's not true! These insta mums and the media in general really only concentrate on the negative side of post partum recovery and never the positives that actually affect the majority.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I was thinking about the negative affect insta mums must have on new mums. They must make young mums feel they are doing something wrong if they don't get PND and completely ignore the fact that around 1 in 7 mums do get the blues for a week or so after giving birth due the drop in hormones and of those mums only 1 in 7 will go on to get PND - and yet you'd think every new mum gets it but it's not true! These insta mums and the media in general really only concentrate on the negative side of post partum recovery and never the positives that actually affect the majority.
Agree completely and think it’s horrifically exploitative and needs regulating in the same way advertising to kids is. Not infantilising pregnant/post partum women but it’s a point in your life where you just deserve peace and support rather than predatory marketing tactics.

Re them “keeping it real” - it’s just a sales tactic. They need to create these para social relationships with people so they buy what the influencer’s bought, they comment on posts (as if the influencer gives a duck!), emoji react to stories, etc so the influencer can show high engagement when they’re pitching their audience to brands (for cash). The whole thing is sick tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Agree completely and think it’s horrifically exploitative and needs regulating in the same way advertising to kids is. Not infantilising pregnant/post partum women but it’s a point in your life where you just deserve peace and support rather than predatory marketing tactics.

Re them “keeping it real” - it’s just a sales tactic. They need to create these para social relationships with people so they buy what the influencer’s bought, they comment on posts (as if the influencer gives a duck!), emoji react to stories, etc so the influencer can show high engagement when they’re pitching their audience to brands (for cash). The whole thing is sick tbh.
It really is an engagement con.

And as soon as anyone cries and films themselves, it's game over - they've lost all self respect

1715082262986.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6