LBC Chit Chat #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Probably the first and last time I'll ever quote tweet O'Brien

James O'Brien on X: "@EveryCountry Nope. She is perfectly free to shut down the ludicrous claim that criticising Israel has anything at all to do with her departure. My explanation is entirely accurate. The key metric is listening hours. It is not for me to explain further." / X (twitter.com)

Those who usually hang on his every word disagree vehemently. Guess their anti semitic trope of Jews controlling the media trumps everything

Reactions: 4
If she’d been targeted with increasing the listening figures for her slot by 20% but only achieved 12.5% that would be a disaster. In the real world if you’re given a work target and you don’t meet it you don’t get a pat on the head and a cream bun, you get an honest conversation.
Fact is, we don’t know the context abd we’re not going to find out. I’m just glad she’s gone.
She left the safety of the BBC to join the commercial sector. Commercial sector is a very different beast.

Reactions: 2
A pity I've not got a RAJAR to complete this month, I'd be giving Vanessa the full 3 hours

Reactions: 1
Turned on twice today, the nutters seem to have been let on. Both times it was some bloke moaning about not being able to use some sort of Retired Army Veteran's ID. Then that shouty Geordie bloke, screaming about it all being a Tory con, having to show ID. Headache inducing. It's almost as if these people want to deliberately cause a fuss.

Turned on twice today, the nutters seem to have been let on. Both times it was some bloke moaning about not being able to use some sort of Retired Army Veteran's ID. Then that shouty Geordie bloke, screaming about it all being a Tory con, having to show ID. Headache inducing. It's almost as if these people want to deliberately cause a fuss.
You have to produce ID before they let you into our local dump.

Surely not..? ;)

The nation will be mourning the void left by Silenced Sangita at 1pm today. The Samaritans are on standby and have brought in extra staff to cope with demand.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
The nation will be mourning the void left by Silenced Sangita at 1pm today. The Samaritans are on standby and have brought in extra staff to cope with demand.
Their first caller may be Jimbo worried that sales of his book have collapsed......

• Haha
Reactions: 3
The nation will be mourning the void left by Silenced Sangita at 1pm today.
Despite huge wins in the council elections the disinitegration of The Left has begun. Within weeks heaps of rubbish will be piling-up in the streets, a 3 day week will be implemented, and there will be a chronic shortage of quinoa and tofu at Waitrose. 😬

Despite huge wins in the council elections the disinitegration of The Left has begun. Within weeks heaps of rubbish will be piling-up in the streets, a 3 day week will be implemented, and there will be a chronic shortage of quinoa and tofu at Waitrose. 😬
And the Councils' executives, most of who currently earn more than the PM, will vote themselves a payrise.

• Haha
Funny how people juggle facts to suit their narrative. I keep reading that Myska has been replaced by Felz. Here's what's actually happening.
Myska did Saturday and Sunday 1-4pm. Those afternoons are now on the schedule as:
Saturday and Sunday Ali Miraj 12-3pm Followed by Saturday 3-6pm Felz and Sunday 3-6pm Vorderman.
Do the sums!
Yes you are right. She has been replaced by another right wing presenter.
Good to read a well balanced article after all of the hysteria.

Yes you are right. She has been replaced by another right wing presenter.
Good to read a well balanced article after all of the hysteria.
It is a good article. Not full of hyperbole. I'm sure she'll find a new broadcasting home soon. She's obviously well thought of within the industry.

I don't think that interview is why she's gone. As I said, they haven't rejigged the whole of the weekend schedule just to cover her. If it was just a case of binning Sangita they'd have just brought in a cover presenter for her slots. Maybe she just didn't fit behind the scenes.

It is a good article. Not full of hyperbole. I'm sure she'll find a new broadcasting home soon. She's obviously well thought of within the industry.

I don't think that interview is why she's gone. As I said, they haven't rejigged the whole of the weekend schedule just to cover her. If it was just a case of binning Sangita they'd have just brought in a cover presenter for her slots. Maybe she just didn't fit behind the scenes.
Was she really the jewel in LBC's crown as claimed? Was her show "hugely popular"?

I agree with you, Fenella...Maybe she was just a bit too precious and fell out with the wrong people? Maybe she had ideas above her (radio) station?

LBC have got at least one more saturday afternoon listener this week, no fears about seeing the preening, the face pulling, the sneering, the haughtiness and the all round obnoxious snidery that we were subject to.

Iain and Shelagh doing an 8-hour overnight marathon 10pm-6am covering the elections. Double prayers that we Londoners can boot out Mayor Knan. Not holding breath. Please lend the Tories your vote even if you hate them!

Vanessa doing 4-7pm next Monday.
My commiserations, Maggie...

I don't know, there's an ever shrinking pool of media outlets but an ever growing pool of gobshites, sorry 'presenters'. It's a bloodbath out there in media luvvie land right now.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.