Jack Monroe #573 Close your Patreon, you thieving liar

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She'd likely owe 000s to the estate . . .
I think it's fairly easy to challenge that sort of thing - it's usual to treat gifts given during life as being completely separate from inheritance for tax purposes, and the other side of that coin is that the courts will say that all children should inherit equally, never mind what gifts had been given previously.

The only way to get round it would be using trusts and suchlike, but I don't think Big D's estate is big enough for that to be worthwhile.

So, sadly, Jack's likely to inherit the same amount as her siblings, no matter how much extra help she gets given whilst her parents are still living.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
I think it's fairly easy to challenge that sort of thing - it's usual to treat gifts given during life as being completely separate from inheritance for tax purposes, and the other side of that coin is that the courts will say that all children should inherit equally, never mind what gifts had been given previously.

The only way to get round it would be using trusts and suchlike, but I don't think Big D's estate is big enough for that to be worthwhile.

So, sadly, Jack's likely to inherit the same amount as her siblings, no matter how much extra help she gets given whilst her parents are still living.
I'm not so sure that it is so easy to challenge - if Choccy D's will stated that he was giving her less because X, Y and Z, then the courts tend to accept that.

I think it's when they feel that someone may have been "missed out"by accident (or perhaps because of pressure from sibling) that they might allow the challenge.

On the other hand, if she could show that she relied on him for her very survival (cue crumbly bones, walking with a stick, eating with a spoon, ADHD etc) then you are right - she might well succeed as long as the judge wasn't still expectantly waiting for the VBI to appear, and had given her hundreds of £££s.

Reactions: 27
Ooooh the squig who’s had their eyes opened to guest and the VBI today is asking her for a refund!!!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 83
I'm not so sure that it is so easy to challenge - if Choccy D's will stated that he was giving her less because X, Y and Z, then the courts tend to accept that.

I think it's when they feel that someone may have been "missed out"by accident (or perhaps because of pressure from sibling) that they might allow the challenge.

On the other hand, if she could show that she relied on him for her very survival (cue crumbly bones, walking with a stick, eating with a spoon, ADHD etc) then you are right - she might well succeed as long as the judge wasn't still expectantly waiting for the VBI to appear, and had given her hundreds of £££s.
Ah, I think you're right - the case I'm familiar with is one of my brothers who has needed (and continues to need) a lot of help from my parents. But he probably comes under your "relying on them for his very survival" clause, and the most important thing is that he's provided for from whatever they leave behind. I'm not sure that Jack's many imagined ouchies puts her in quite the same position!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Which will occur first, the heat death of the universe or guest doing the right thing and refunding the squig? It's a puzzle.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Polluting Eurovision Twitter with made-up drivel about SB choosing a film to watch. duck off Jack you boring twunt.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I have a friend who has a half sister who is always tapping their dad up for money as she is so chaotic with money.
What the half sister doesn’t know is every time her dad bails her out he logs the amount with his solicitor. When he dies all that money will be taken off her inheritance to keep it fair to her siblings.
Imagine if that happened to Jack.
Doing that and not telling her just seems like a sure fire way to ensure there’s a massive tit show after he dies, I can’t lie. If you want to do that, I think you need to be upfront about it because discovering it right when someone has just died and emotions are hugely high isn’t the move.

I think that being landed on someone right at the most emotional time is a guarantee a challenge will happen though (regardless of court decision ultimately) so it’s really bleeping over the rest of the siblings who no doubt won’t want that added to their plate at a stressful upsetting time.

Personally I’d rather my sibling had had a bigger share due to gifts/bailing out in life than have to deal with that shite after the death, who wants to be dragged through court for that unless it’s millions I guess

Reactions: 28
a curve ball! Pop Culture Jack. I'm sad she didn't laugh more cleverly than everyone else at the cleverest point to laugh tho

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Here's a novel idea Jack, spend some quality time with your kid and don't post about it and keep it for yourself, you'll feel better for it
---
With this and Simon Harris posting a pic of him cutting one of his newborn's umbilical cords I am so sick of elder millennials not keeping things to their bleeping selves

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 56
Here's a novel idea Jack, spend some quality time with your kid and don't post about it and keep it for yourself, you'll feel better for it
---
With this and Simon Harris posting a pic of him cutting one of his newborn's umbilical cords I am so sick of elder millennials not keeping things to their bleeping selves
oh is jack’s fellow grifter back online?!

Reactions: 17
oh is jack’s fellow grifter back online?!
Oh ar, he did a mea culpa about how it wasn't his fault nasty Essex Council paid him half a million quid and used him as a conduit to pay other people. And now he's back to the same old tit and expressing his obsessions with tit and tit

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
I mean, Norway's lead singer was dressed in black and waved her arms a bit, but Ireland's entry was much closer to Kate Bush.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.