Jack Monroe #573 Close your Patreon, you thieving liar

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel quite sorry for that squig. He's stated that he was a huge fan of guest and has bought all of her books.
The disappointment and confusion oozes out of his reply to the person who posted proof that guest's involvement with the ONS was one informal call.
If squig reads here. Don't feel bad ❤. She's fooled a lot of us over the years.
Welcome to the gang of ebil trollz.
I think it's a sock of one of the usual suspects. Only joined in March but is surprisingly adept at conversations on X. Commented on a lot of grifters.
But then I'm suspicious of everything on X!

• Haha
Reactions: 33
😬

View attachment 2928818

Needless to say, we had the last laugh she hasn't responded. I don't think that account is a troll, either.
I don't think she originally intended it to be a scam. She has such a gross overestimation of her own abilities that I think she genuinely believed she could make such a thing happen just by saying so. But then she discovered it was more work than saying "food=more expensive" but she'd got the publicity and money at that point so just... pretended it was still happening for a bit until enough time had passed she could ignore it. I suspect the same is true of the Patreon.

Of course, most people in such a position would either ask for help or apologise and change course (e.g. we've said so many times that she could and should have done a Patreon that provided digital content), but Jack has no humility, no work ethic, no concept of saying 'I was wrong' and an addiction to spending money because she feels she deserves to be rich and famous with the lifestyle she imagines that entails.

Reactions: 70
I think it's a sock of one of the usual suspects. Only joined in March but is surprisingly adept at conversations on X. Commented on a lot of grifters.
But then I'm suspicious of everything on X!
Ta, I normally check profiles and visit their timelines but I didn't do that 'cause I've been busy this morning.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
1000018168.jpg

"Doctor says I have teh eggs of a 20 year old. So when would you like to poach them?"

She might actually be believable for once if she cosplayed as Martha instead of Donny Dunn
---
My thoughts precisely. Pasta, especially in an insipid, watery sauce does not freeze well. Any cook worth their fennel knows this. Although we are eagerly awaiting the series of blog posts on how to cook pasta in cold water. I didn’t think it possible that her slop could get sloppier but she’s only gone and done it!
---

She lives in a self-curated echo chamber where she is simply the best, better than all the rest. Her arthritic finger poised over the “lock” button must have severe RSI.
Duh. You freeze it all raw in a block of ice, it will cook itself as it defrosts! #jackhacks #slapmyassandcallmematilda

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
View attachment 2929102
"Doctor says I have teh eggs of a 20 year old. So when would you like to poach them?"

She might actually be believable for once if she cosplayed as Martha instead of Donny Dunn
---

Duh. You freeze it all raw in a block of ice, it will cook itself as it defrosts! #jackhacks #slapmyassandcallmematilda
Pfft I always freeze my pasta water while hot. Saves cooking time in future. #maverick

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I don't think she originally intended it to be a scam. She has such a gross overestimation of her own abilities that I think she genuinely believed she could make such a thing happen just by saying so. But then she discovered it was more work than saying "food=more expensive" but she'd got the publicity and money at that point so just... pretended it was still happening for a bit until enough time had passed she could ignore it. I suspect the same is true of the Patreon.

Of course, most people in such a position would either ask for help or apologise and change course (e.g. we've said so many times that she could and should have done a Patreon that provided digital content), but Jack has no humility, no work ethic, no concept of saying 'I was wrong' and an addiction to spending money because she feels she deserves to be rich and famous with the lifestyle she imagines that entails.
I don't know if it was intended as a scam but she never intended to do it. She's the final boss of dipshits who live off the praise of things they pretend they're going to do.

Reactions: 39
I don't know if it was intended as a scam but she never intended to do it. She's the final boss of dipshits who live off the praise of things they pretend they're going to do.
I’m sorry to say it but I think she’s intended everything since the day she started getting attention as a scam.

• Sad
Reactions: 34
Amused to see this Jamie O vid dropping on YouTube today -- he's only gone and made an orzo slop which still looks 1000 per cent more edible and appealing than our guest's recent offerings.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I’m sorry to say it but I think she’s intended everything since the day she started getting attention as a scam.
Yeah I think she cottoned on quickly that there could be an earner in it with the VBI. I'm not sure if she outright thought at the start 'I'm going to pretend to do this thing and just take the money', but definitely she realised very quickly 'I can get money for this', and that was her leading thought. Rather than - is this needed, can I deliver this, how will I achieve it etc. No she swiftly made sure people knew how to pay her, before considering any of those things.

Reactions: 48
Someone who doesn't know how to operate a freezer (or consume frozen fishos) shouldn't have three freezers.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Her intentions are irrelevant and we can never know them. What we do know is that she is a serial liar and scammer.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
By the time someone’s managed to get cash out of people for things they‘ve not delivered five times in a row, one has to conclude it’s a feature, not a bug.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 69
What I don't get us how she thought she was going to do it? It's clear from the book sales from home chaos that she can't use a simple spreadsheet let alone a more complicated one that the VBI would require. Her naivety is almost childlike, she had an idea, got some attention for it, realised the grift potential and ran with it. With absolutely no f*cking idea how to actually do it. It feels like she very emotionally stunted, a bit like Trump is, stuck in toddler mode.

Reactions: 39
Amused to see this Jamie O vid dropping on YouTube today -- he's only gone and made an orzo slop which still looks 1000 per cent more edible and appealing than our guest's recent offerings.

Yeah, that’s not the most visually appealing slop in the end but I bet in terms of flavour it is amazing. Because THAT MAN can actually cook,

Reactions: 18
Also, since she's unlocked we've heard nothing about AA recovery have we? Unless they've chucked her out for being on the snow and ergo not really working the programme even if she's not drinking. She needs to go to Narcotics Anonymous as well.

Reactions: 22
Yeah I think she cottoned on quickly that there could be an earner in it with the VBI. I'm not sure if she outright thought at the start 'I'm going to pretend to do this thing and just take the money', but definitely she realised very quickly 'I can get money for this', and that was her leading thought. Rather than - is this needed, can I deliver this, how will I achieve it etc. No she swiftly made sure people knew how to pay her, before considering any of those things.
Let’s remember she was off her bleeping tits that day and it was completely irresponsible for J OB and the BBC to put her on for interviews. As much as I disagree with her and dislike the grifting I have issues with the BBC that day.

Reactions: 29
Also, since she's unlocked we've heard nothing about AA recovery have we? Unless they've chucked her out for being on the snow and ergo not really working the programme even if she's not drinking. She needs to go to Narcotics Anonymous as well.
She referred to it obliquely in her Facebook comment. Can you be chucked out for being suspected of not following the steps?

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.