Jack Monroe #573 Close your Patreon, you thieving liar

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just had a quick look at the Fareshare website to see if there was any mention of guest or any actions/events/announcements today. Their last press release came out in January and there's no news from them recently. On Twitter, there's relatively few posts, most just giving a mention to one of their local branches doing something.

Jack is nowhere but look who did pop up with a page all of his own?

https://fareshare.org.uk/marcus-rashford/

"Marcus’ support of FareShare has been transformational. Since March 2020, Marcus has:
  • Helped raise enough money to enable FareShare to distribute the equivalent of over 21 million meals for children and families who might not otherwise eat
  • Raised awareness of child hunger in the UK, driving the issue to the top of the news agenda
  • Launched and spearheaded the Child Food Poverty Taskforce, a group of more than 15 organisations that FareShare is a founding member of, which have come together to support the National Food Strategy and share real-time statistics and stories of those affected by child hunger in the UK
  • Successfully influenced government policy:
    • With his #MakeTheUTurn campaign, which saw the voucher scheme – a replacement for free school meals through the lockdown – extended over the summer, ensuring 1.3 million vulnerable children could continue to access food
    • In November, after campaigning by the Child Food Poverty Taskforce, Government announced a Winter Package to support the UK’s most vulnerable children through the winter until Easter 2021."
Other than that, this charity is remarkably white. Not a single person of colour in any of their senior team, just a row of very pink faces -- seems a bit unreconstructed in this day and age.

Anyway.... Jack is a lying thief.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
I didn't know what Depher was, being a rude colonial, but I just read the BBC story. Holy sh*t the similarities to guest are amazing. The strategic use of social media for tin-rattling, the deceptive imagery, the lack of proper accounting and record-keeping, the misuse of funds, the elevenrifing, the troll-blaming.....it's all there.

Tick tock, Jack. Tick f***ing tock.
Yeah, at the start it seemed like he was actually doing a good turn for others but then lo and behold he was a massive grifter. Really makes you think.

Reactions: 33
Guessing that the Trussell Trust are still more than happy to be associated with their favourite grifter, given the fundraiser she set up for them on her birthday in 2020 is still live.

The £££ for this one went directly to the TT, not “pop it in my PayPal and I will do the rest” but still, not a great look that they haven’t even been arsed to ask her to close the CORONAVIRUS FUNDRAISER, so they’re still linked like copulating decaying butterflies, neither of them actually “feeding people”.
🦋🦋Wankers View attachment 2940557
They absolutely don’t care. I’ll forever be a “they approved the dead people can’t riot shite then threw Jack under the bus to avoid the backlash” truther as well.

See also veganuary who “distanced” themselves while still including Jack’s recipes in their official tit.

ETA: don’t get me wrong, the dead people can’t riot was a stupid idea and Jack’s and Jack’s alone so she has to take responsibility for that but I do believe they approved it (possibly without asking for details!) and consequently threw her under the bus by claiming they hadn’t when people responded badly to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 29
Trussell Trust are as corrupt as Jack who also love a tricksy wording moment. Thanks to jack, I am now aware of this and refuse to donate a penny to them.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
Trussell Trust are as corrupt as Jack who also love a tricksy wording moment. Thanks to jack, I am now aware of this and refuse to donate a penny to them.
So.... she actually did some good then? I used to donate to TT but also stopped thanks to these threads and their accounts being published.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I wonder how much work she gets honking at long-suffering employees of businesses who need to tick a couple of boxes in their "we might be evil capitalist scum but we're socially engaged evil capitalist scum, dammit" annual report? "please don't [HONK] mention this on social media [SNIFF] you'll get overrun by [MASSIVE WET HONKING SNORT] evil trolls! Now, it all started ten years ago when I..."
Remember when she was blown away that a guy with a disabled wife (he’d become her carer) was at the foodbank, and he used to be an aerospace engineer? you don’t think it happens to normal people! But it does!

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
So.... she actually did some good then? I used to donate to TT but also stopped thanks to these threads and their accounts being published.
Yes it was when they showed their profits one year. I can't remember the figures but it seemed so wrong that a charity had huge profits - 100s of thousands - that should have been immediately ploughed back into helping people.
Guest's involvement of course tainted it anyway.

• Angry
Reactions: 36
glad it turns out she wasn't in barnsley, that'd have been far too close for comfort

what a great day this has been lads

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Why is there always chaos when i am busy! I might phone in sick tomorrow as i aint sleeping tonight.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I did NOTHING at work today...too busy refreshing Tattle. It's going to be a long day tomorrow...i hope she lies in until at least midday to let me catch up
Don’t you have a cwfen gig to be rested for…

ten years or more Jack has been campaigning against food poverty, and it’s gotten loads worse. At this stage, our best hope is she stops campaigning for a decade to let us see if that improves matters.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
Don’t you have a cwfen gig to be rested for…

ten years or more Jack has been campaigning against food poverty, and it’s gotten loads worse. At this stage, our best hope is she stops campaigning for a decade to let us see if that improves matters.
Given her raging incompetence, maybe she should start campaigning for food poverty. Maybe then we'll see a reduction.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
No guest featu in this year’s Hay Festival listings.
So, do you reckon that this is what brought her back out of hiding with the recipes, kickyball, and assorted "Living my best life traaa-la-laaa" inane tweeting?

She'd have been told weeks ago by Adrian that none of the festivals were interested in her so she figured she needed to boost her online engagement. Only to find she's neither wanted nor needed by anyone outside the Comments Club.

Oh, and I've been up since 4.30 am just like I am most mornings guest.

Reactions: 33
Sorry Ninnies I’m sooo behind again but Woooowwww this thread has been a ride 😂

I’m not on these threads much at the mo and keep missing a chaos or ten but it’s for my greater good whilst I lay the groundwork for my psychology degree starting in September ☺ So loads of reading, note taking (no Jack, not like on election night and alas not many numbers to crunch) and generally trying to get used to full time study and manage my conditions etc.

Not gonna lie, there’s many moments where I think “can I do this?” But I have family support so the answer for now is…hopefully! I, with my many real conditions (currently also being investigated for peripheral neuropathy), refuse to lie down and quit or shirk hard work or crowdfund or scam people to support my life - instead I’ll put in 3 years hard graft to retrain in a career I can manage and be able to be more independent and proud of myself. And also make my kids and family proud!

Jack could never 💅🏻

I hope this is the end for that thieving, charlatan, offensive, skinwalking bleep. As an aside, one of the pieces I’ve had to complete recently was on the psychology of cybercrime and internet scams obviously came up. It baffles me - like completely bamboozles me - how in living duck there hasn’t been an exposè or a criminal investigation into guest and her finances, as well as how she came by them. At the very least HMRC, since they chased my child for £350 due to a duck up their end, meaning she hadn’t paid enough tax in her low pay NHS job when she started 🤬

Yet that prick - crickets from anyone in authority. Come on BBC - use my licence fee payment for good and expose this fucker for exactly what she is. Oh, and the Twitter binfire couldn’t be more deserved.

ETA - been awake since 4 (HA! duck you Jack) so spelling was a bit wank.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
glad it turns out she wasn't in barnsley, that'd have been far too close for comfort

Honestly, that picture of the vans made me laugh. I could post anything and be like 'hey guys, guess where I am?', when the reality is I'm sat in the back room at work, bored out of my skull, surrounded by towels, with an hour an half to go.

• Haha
Reactions: 36

If she was in Barnsley I'm just extremely embarrassed and apologetic that us Yorkshirefraus slacked off guarding the M1 to stop guest getting to Celerytown 🫢

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.