J. K. Rowling #7 JK and the Deathly Threats

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be fair, these books have been out for ages so it’s probably best that you avoid the thread until you’ve finished reading them. It’s a bit unfair to expect this thread to stay spoiler-free indefinitely.
I read this thread through squinted eyes because (to my shame) I still haven’t read ONE yet and don’t wanna spoiler myself lol

Reactions: 1
I'm re reading them at the moment - up to Lethal White! It's interesting reading them back and spotting clues.

Looking forward to TRG as found it too tense first time round!!

Reactions: 4
No release date yet so I'm wondering if we will get it early 2025 or late 2024. Last time I swear I preordered ordered it well in advance but as far as I know we can't do that yet? In the meantime I'm going to have to reread TRG.

Reactions: 3
Most of the child actors in Harry Potter were absolutely terrible my children and I laugh at them. Harry and the actress who plays Ginny are the worst. When they are ‘acting’ they look like they’re trying to poop. Constipated acting 🤣

Hopefully the new series is better

I do like JK Rowling. My 14 year old said that JKF was ‘transphobic’ but we’ve talked and she doesn’t think that anymore.

Reactions: 12
No release date yet so I'm wondering if we will get it early 2025 or late 2024. Last time I swear I preordered ordered it well in advance but as far as I know we can't do that yet? In the meantime I'm going to have to reread TRG.
No, no preorder yet - I believe that gets only opened up once there us a release date. I'll be on Amazon preordering my Kindle copy the second she announces!

Just listening to the latest ‘rest is entertainment’ podcast and they’re talking about entertainment billionaires. They mentioned that JKR is one of the richest people in entertainment and Marina specifically said the only reason she isn’t in the billionaire category is because she gives so much to charity. It was really nice to hear 2 people discuss her and not even mention anything negative.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I’m really late to the party with the strike books, thought I’d start now after hearing such good things from this thread! These should keep me occupied for a few months, and less than £15 for all 5, bargain!
IMG_4670.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I’m really late to the party with the strike books, thought I’d start now after hearing such good things from this thread! These should keep me occupied for a few months, and less than £15 for all 5, bargain!
View attachment 2956397
You’re in for a treat!!! 😍😍😍

I’m currently listening to the audiobooks, and listening in rapid succession means I’ve picked up on a lot of details I missed when there was a years wait between one book and the next.

Reactions: 8
The first three books I read on paperback years ago so I recently decided to get the audiobooks of each and listen to them. They are so good. In the first one Glenister only does a very mild Cornish accent for Strike but they must have decided to amp it up for the subsequent books which is great.
His mastery of accents is amazing.
I also love how sometimes his voices almost descend into comedy, like for Pat's ultra gravelly smokers voice. Or in Lethal White there is a hysterical temporary secretary who he does brilliantly.

On re-reading the books, the most painful thing is having to go through poor Robin trying to make the Matthew relationship work.
Also, given how recent book Strike has given up smoking, is eating better and losing weight, it is so funny to see him in the earlier books smoking like a chimney, sinking pints at lunchtime every other day and eating fish and chips, burgers and kebabs all the time!

I love the audiobooks so much. I think robert glenister does such a good job narrating!
I’m listening to them all now as a ‘refresher’ before the next book, and I agree that Robert Glenister is excellent. I especially love him being Jasper Chiswell in the tv series and then also narrating Jasper Chiswell in the audiobooks - how very ‘meta’ 😁

I did a bulk buy of Audible credits so got 5 of the audiobooks for £30-ish - an absolute bargain, given the length of the last three books!

Reactions: 3