Equestrian influencers #23 Lots of horses looking obese, (in)Expert Bits need to cease.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She will get confused and even more flappy if Cameron warms her up, I hope Alex warms her up or she doesn’t see Cam at all for ridden warm ups, he’s no good for her training, she’s worked hard with Alex so I hope she doesn’t unfix it all by Cameron’s coaching.
I wanna see how many people Meg is going to have with her for one horse!….. Her Mum, Pete, Han, her groom, Rich, etc etc!
A 5* event rider warming you up at a Grassroots competition still doesn’t sit right for me. But the longer I’ve evented, the more I’ve come to realise that there are “professional” grassroots riders and it is sadly very much a wealthy game to be involved in. I’ll be cheering on my friends who are there with their horses who’ve trained hard with their local coaches in normal training sessions etc and have sacrificed a lot to get to Grassroots.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
A 5* event rider warming you up at a Grassroots competition still doesn’t sit right for me. But the longer I’ve evented, the more I’ve come to realise that there are “professional” grassroots riders and it is sadly very much a wealthy game to be involved in. I’ll be cheering on my friends who are there with their horses who’ve trained hard with their local coaches in normal training sessions etc and have sacrificed a lot to get to Grassroots.
If I had the chance to prep for Badminton with a 5* Event rider, I certainly wouldn’t be turning the opportunity down, because why would you. It doesn’t mean Tina hasn’t trained hard.

Reactions: 4
I understand what you are saying and I hope your friends, who have obviously worked their butts off, do really well. They do deserve it.

but I also don’t think that having a 5* rider warm them up is going to make the whole world of difference. They may completely forget everything the moment they get in the ring. I mean, look at Meg and all her training with these top riders and then look at her on Winnie and Wilma…
---
If I had the chance to prep for Badminton with a 5* Event rider, I certainly wouldn’t be turning the opportunity down, because why would you. It doesn’t mean Tina hasn’t trained hard.
she has worked the hardest this year. She has always been a bit airy fairy with training until now.

Reactions: 3

That’s the point. Obviously I don’t know who you are, but I’d imagine you wouldn’t have the opportunity to have them warm you up. Same as a lot of the genuine grassroots riders who will be there. Tina has far too many opportunities (in my eyes) to be considered a genuine grassroots rider now. She’s not a professional - social media and vlogging have almost created a new bracket of rider.

Reactions: 7
What do you mean Emily King changed nations? I thought she’d always rode for Britain?

Reactions: 1
Emily still rides under the British flag. Isn’t it Lucinda Greens daughter that swapped to riding under another flag (Aussie I think)?

edit: yep, Lissa Green rides under the Aus flag as her dad is Australian.

Reactions: 2
What do you mean Emily King changed nations? I thought she’d always rode for Britain?
She hasn't. They're thinking of Lissa Green (Lucinda Greens daughter).

🤣 they just said it so matter of fact to make it sound right when it wasn't

She will get confused and even more flappy if Cameron warms her up, I hope Alex warms her up or she doesn’t see Cam at all for ridden warm ups, he’s no good for her training, she’s worked hard with Alex so I hope she doesn’t unfix it all by Cameron’s coaching.
I wanna see how many people Meg is going to have with her for one horse!….. Her Mum, Pete, Han, her groom, Rich, etc etc!
Lucinda, Emily Mustow and on and on and on. Actually really disappointed in Rich if it’s his training of Winnie that’s led to her backwards thinking with Winnie of head down and worry about the back end later.

Lucinda, Emily Mustow and on and on and on. Actually really disappointed in Rich if it’s his training of Winnie that’s led to her backwards thinking with Winnie of head down and worry about the back end later.
Don’t think it’s Rich at all. I seem to remember lots of kick it forwards type comments in his lessons. I don’t think he prioritises a pretty head position over correct work.

Emily still rides under the British flag. Isn’t it Lucinda Greens daughter that swapped to riding under another flag (Aussie I think)?

edit: yep, Lissa Green rides under the Aus flag as her dad is Australian.
Yes and Emily is changing / has changed to Ireland I believe
---
Or I could be wrong but there was definitely talks of it at some point as a higher chance of selection
---
Corrected it's Georgie Spence (since married but off my head I can't think of new name ) who's now riding for Ireland , oops (I blame 2 under 2 and still working and riding for serious baby brain )

Last edited:
Has anyone come across westfield claire bear on tiktok? Just stumbled across her on my fyp talking about rider weights and how it’s not your weight but how you carry your weight. She was saying how she is 11.5 stone and rides 10hh ponies because she’s 4ft 11 and rides light. And how anyone who says anything about rider weights and riders being too heavy “knows nothing”
I mentioned her a few pages back - taking her two horses straight out jumping g having bit ridden them or worked them once this year.
She believes they are fit enough from just being in the field.
I like a lot of what she says and disagree with a lot in equal measure.
I think (without going too deep) there are some possibly MH issues there and I feel for her

---

Or I could be wrong but there was definitely talks of it at some point as a higher chance of selection
---
Corrected it's Georgie Spence (since married but off my head I can't think of new name ) who's now riding for Ireland , oops (I blame 2 under 2 and still working and riding for serious baby brain )
Georgie Goss

Reactions: 1
Where did Meg mention this?

Who is that in Meg’s last story?
It’s a countdown timer and a heading ‘why I didn’t say anything’ I don’t know who’s who of Meg’s horses, I don’t follow that closely.

Who is that in Meg’s last story?
It’s a countdown timer and a heading ‘why I didn’t say anything’ I don’t know who’s who of Meg’s horses, I don’t follow that closely.
Hopefully why she hasn’t said anything about being sponsored by Ardeo

Hopefully why she hasn’t said anything about being sponsored by Ardeo
That or maybe a new sponsor being fairfax - all of her saddles have switched to fairfax and she probably “hasn’t said anything” bc she wanted to trial them etc etc

It wont be anything major- because she’s away and not going to be sitting by her phone to monitor if the comments are going off. So it’ll be like a brand partnership or something like that.

Looking for a bit of advice. Are white trailers any cooler inside than ones with a darker roof? Looking to update my trailer from a bateson to something a bit newer and was wondering if the colour of the roof makes a difference as it’s easier to rug up than try a d keep a horse cool stood on tailer in the summer. Obviously I wouldn’t leave a horse shut up in a trailer in 30° heat

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.