Do I want it? No. Do I need it? No. Save it! #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sounds like you have a lot of self awareness and this will hold you in good stead.
I'm sorry you had such a bad mother - they do so much damage.
Enjoy your home - they are not supposed to be show pieces but places to relax and be comfortable within.
I had a mother who saw her house as part of her identity and loved to show it off - it has had the opposite effect upon me. I am quite slovenly and enjoy it.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Well my month ended in a total tit show. I started a new job - and bear with me because it’s gonna get real complicated- real fast.

Folllow along if you can because it’s blown the bleeping minds of HR/payroll. 🙄I finished Job A on 3rd March and my employer paid me 31st March.

I started the new job FOR THE SAME EMPLOYER on 15th April - so essentially unassigned and out of the system for 16 days.

Payroll seem never to have heard of me - have any idea of my banking details etc etc.

Long story short I’ve not been paid because they don’t know who I am. Although obviously they paid me last month… and the month before ad infinitum.

bleeping fannies. 🙄😂

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
Well my month ended in a total tit show. I started a new job - and bear with me because it’s gonna get real complicated- real fast.

Folllow along if you can because it’s blown the bleeping minds of HR/payroll. 🙄I finished Job A on 3rd March and my employer paid me 31st March.

I started the new job FOR THE SAME EMPLOYER on 15th April - so essentially unassigned and out of the system for 16 days.

Payroll seem never to have heard of me - have any idea of my banking details etc etc.

Long story short I’ve not been paid because they don’t know who I am. Although obviously they paid me last month… and the month before ad infinitum.

bleeping fannies. 🙄😂
If you were classed as new starter they would have had you fill out bank details anyway!

Reactions: 2
If you were classed as new starter they would have had you fill out bank details anyway!
Then it would’ve been really bleeping great if they’d provided me with a form or two… bellends.

Edit: no doubt they’ve emailed them to me n.b., I’m not office-based and utilise zero IT equipment for my job - and obviously I cannot get my email if… they don’t tell me what my (new) login is and/or how to access etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Then it would’ve been really bleeping great if they’d provided me with a form or two… bellends.

Edit: no doubt they’ve emailed them to me n.b., I’m not office-based and utilise zero IT equipment for my job - and obviously I cannot get my email if… they don’t tell me what my (new) login is and/or how to access etc.
Thick as mince.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Excited! I've just purchased £50 Premium Bonds. Let the winnings roll in 🍀🙏🤞. I'm going to try and buy £50 every month from now on. I easily waste that much on crap each month.
We ♥ our premium bonds!

We log on the app at cock crow each month to see if we have had a win :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I hope our premium bonds are the single point of all our bad luck in the world as we barely ever win on them, I don’t bother topping them up anymore. Halifax have a savers draw which is similar-ish, but obviously requires a higher initial deposit than pbs

Chip also have a “prize savings account” where you need to average a balance of £100 over the month to have ten entries to a draw, obvs the more you hold the more entries you get. I put the minimum £100 in just on the off chance but not holding my breath there lol. Will still focus on the cash ISA with them.

^ sure there’s lots more out there like this too just sharing that some similar-but-different mechanics exist for anyone who is on the fence about pbs!

Reactions: 5
I know someone who attracts money all the time. Has inherited several times, constantly wins any raffles etc, money on the lottery, not big wins but pleasing amounts. Will often win on a scratch card. Recently they bought some PBs & would you believe it won almost instantly. They are also extremely tight with money!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
I am doing terribly this month. Bought some unnecessary "treat" items while watching videos about how consumerism is ruining everything.

What triggered my spree was a stressful month and my mental health getting worse in April but it's not really a good excuse because the excitement of these stuff will diminish soon. I am trying to console myself with the reasoning that what I bought is good quality and not something I'll replace willy nilly, and the other purchase is a coffee table book that I've wanted ever since it came out years ago, but I keep feeling bad about it. I hope I'll at least enjoy my purchases once they arrive.

How is everyone else doing?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I know someone who attracts money all the time. Has inherited several times, constantly wins any raffles etc, money on the lottery, not big wins but pleasing amounts. Will often win on a scratch card. Recently they bought some PBs & would you believe it won almost instantly. They are also extremely tight with money!
Do you know what the minimum entry is for PB's? Really want to open one for myself and just put £25 a month in to see!

Also, without sounding extremely blonde, can you withdraw the money you put in? Almost like a separate savings account?

Do you know what the minimum entry is for PB's? Really want to open one for myself and just put £25 a month in to see!

Also, without sounding extremely blonde, can you withdraw the money you put in? Almost like a separate savings account?
£25 is the minimum deposit amount. You can set up a standing order or pay in as and when you like. You can withdraw your money whenever you want; it just takes a few days to hit your bank account. I have the max of 50k and win something most months. You can also choose to automatically reinvest your winnings back into new Premium Bonds, which I always did before I had the maximum amount.

I just won £125 quid, which I paid straight into my ISA.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
£25 is the minimum deposit amount. You can set up a standing order or pay in as and when you like. You can withdraw your money whenever you want; it just takes a few days to hit your bank account. I have the max of 50k and win something most months. You can also choose to automatically reinvest your winnings back into new Premium Bonds, which I always did before I had the maximum amount.

I just won £125 quid, which I paid straight into my ISA.
Think I will definitely open an account then - I won't be putting in the maximum or anything near but a girl can dream 😂
---
I have a very strange question as well for anyone who may know - if you pay the £1.50 on the gov website to view documents, who knows?

For example, viewing things on companies house for businesses or looking for a certificate of someone?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
@LifeOfMog Hi. The previous poster answered your questions. Good luck! I got £50 worth this, my first month but will commit to at least £25 each month (🤞).
---
I was left some money in a will. Not a lot but not to be sniffed at either. Due to the family squabbling etc, six years later still not received. A friend found a copy of the will for me online for the cost you said. I was then able to download it for proof.
---
I don't think they know anyways if you pay the cost you're legally entitled I believe.

• Heart
Due to the family squabbling etc, six years later still not received.
I think I might be in a similar situation to you - don't want to go into too much detail, but someone who I unfortunately am/was a blood relative to passed last year, and my mum knows full well there was a grant set up in my name when I was younger ... its been 8 months since they passed and the rest of the family haven't even made contact with us to let us know they have passed - we found out through facebook! With this said, I have doubts I'll ever see that money but would love to know if it was even in the will to begin with 😂😂

• Wow
  • Heart
  • Sad
@LifeOfMog It's so frustrating isn't it? I could really do with that money. I think you should go ahead. I was able to get a copy of the date probate had been granted & the will. I also know the two witnesses. What pisses me off too was the deceased had been so determined to wrap up their affairs so responsibly and clearly.
---
Mind you eight months is quite early in the scheme of things.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Think I will definitely open an account then - I won't be putting in the maximum or anything near but a girl can dream 😂
---
I have a very strange question as well for anyone who may know - if you pay the £1.50 on the gov website to view documents, who knows?

For example, viewing things on companies house for businesses or looking for a certificate of someone?
No one is notified from the family, I say this having been on both sides (the executor & buying to have a nose!).

I think I might be in a similar situation to you - don't want to go into too much detail, but someone who I unfortunately am/was a blood relative to passed last year, and my mum knows full well there was a grant set up in my name when I was younger ... its been 8 months since they passed and the rest of the family haven't even made contact with us to let us know they have passed - we found out through facebook! With this said, I have doubts I'll ever see that money but would love to know if it was even in the will to begin with 😂😂
Ugh. I do hope you get something.

Someone quite deliberately left me out - but to twist the knife, made me executor. I refused the role. Anyway, the one thing I was given was a painting I’ve loved for nearly 50 years. Saw it in the background on FB the other month 🙄 - trouble is, I’ll look like a right petty wench to ask for it.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7