Cancer Influencers #9

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The knowing it’s coming must be horrible. It’s good that you can say your goodbyes and try to put things in place for after your death but the waiting for the inevitable must be torture 😩

• Sad
Reactions: 7
God it actually is torture. You’d just constantly be thinking is this the last time I’m going to do X or see Y.
it’s just mind blowing to me because NNL and BB (the only two cancer influencers I’ve followed to the end, so to speak) were so so ill when treatment was pulled, it totally made sense from a quality of life perspective as both were in and out of hospital with infections etc. Lizzie seems so different as she does still come across so well, though I understand hers is a case of running out of treatment. It’s so sad and unfair ☹

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I don’t agree with GFM’s really, I don’t but those little kiddies are going to lose their mummy and it hurts to think about. I hope they get whatever they need to keep some options open.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
So, realistically what options are there left with her hospital, seeing as they've cancelled the chemo? I saw IV radiation mentioned, but what will that do? And what treatment would she get through the Marsden or one the other private hospitals?

Reactions: 2
So, realistically what options are there left with her hospital, seeing as they've cancelled the chemo? I saw IV radiation mentioned, but what will that do? And what treatment would she get through the Marsden or one the other private hospitals?
Potentially nothing more. Once treatment stood and there is nothing more then that is the end. I think though it’s a case of having a second opinion for your own peace of mind. I can only begin to imagine thoughts going through her head. You know the reality of living with stage four but let’s face it, when that reality is knocking on your door you’d want to try anything.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I think one of the tough things to get your head round with Lizzie’s situation and cancer in general is the element of luck. Not just the treatment postcode lottery because really that shouldn’t be down to luck, but the luck in the type of cancer you have, the different mutations and variations, when it was caught, how your particular cancer responds to treatment.

Not sure any of us who’ve heard the words “you have cancer” can be described as lucky but I know I’m so grateful my gynae cancer was picked up incredibly early, treatable with surgery and I’m now 2 years NED. My work mate was arguably less lucky and needed radiotherapy and chemo for her breast cancer. Another friend was diagnosed with secondary breast cancer but is 2 years into treatment and doing well so far. And then there’s Lizzie who doesn’t seem to have had any luck or been given a break at all through any of this. It feels very unfair and that’s what’s so hard I think.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Christ, Lizzi’s stories over the last few days are heart wrenching. She’s so bloody brave to come on insta & tell everyone what’s going on without breaking down. She’s a hero really. I hope they can offer her something, she deserves it, she deserves time. It’s hard when a child loses a parent, my son lost his dad in his mid teens (it wasn’t cancer related) and I would honestly say it’s had a profound effect on him. But he cherishes every memory of the time spent with him & the holidays we went on so I hope LIzzi takes a small bit of comfort that her children will always cherish her.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I think it’s hard to accept that you're all out of treatment but I hope she finds some peace with it all. She’ll know she did everything she could.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
If they have told her there's nothing else for her to have they will refer her for palliative care at her local hospice! She can get a 2nd opinion probably privately but it will cost her and I know this sounds bad but is it worth it? She could spend weeks trying to raise the money for some different treatment and it not work..... which in that time she could have spent with family...... it's very very hard and it's not anything you want to think about but when your told it's incurable you have to get to reach an understanding early on in that diagnosis that it will happen in day!

• Sad
Reactions: 13
If they have told her there's nothing else for her to have they will refer her for palliative care at her local hospice! She can get a 2nd opinion probably privately but it will cost her and I know this sounds bad but is it worth it? She could spend weeks trying to raise the money for some different treatment and it not work..... which in that time she could have spent with family...... it's very very hard and it's not anything you want to think about but when your told it's incurable you have to get to reach an understanding early on in that diagnosis that it will happen in day!
I often think of Monique and how awful her ending was. Looking for answers tight up until the end and look, nobody can say what you would do in that situation u til you are in it, but it was heartbreaking. I can’t help but think being in a hospice with proper pain medication would have been preferable to being in that hospital. Her GFM was running right up to the end, looking for private ( often pointless treatments) I wonder what happens to that money? Was it donated on to someone else in need?

• Sad
Reactions: 8