Books #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just started It Starts With Is by Colleen Hoover - I’m sat out in the sunshine . . . Why can’t everyday be like this 🤣

Reactions: 7
I'm just reading the Museum of Ordinary People by Mike Gayle and loving it so far. He writes so well.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Im finishing this months group club pick and then I have Brett Easton Ellis' newest book The Shards or Romantic Comedy but Curtis Sittenfield. Or well lets be honest hundreds of other books.

Im reading a non fiction on kindle but its not v sunny day friendly.
I’ve yet to take my kindle out yet but wanted to tomorrow in the park in the sunshine, is it not very good if it’s sunny? I thought it might be ok if I turned the brightness up?

I have a paper white.

Reactions: 2
I’ve yet to take my kindle out yet but wanted to tomorrow in the park in the sunshine, is it not very good if it’s sunny? I thought it might be ok if I turned the brightness up?

I have a paper white.
Oh no ha the book Im reading isnt suitable for sunny weather.

Kindle is ideal for the sun 😁

Oh my god 😭😭 just finished Saving Noah 😭😭
I can categorically say I am NOT ok 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I read ‘I’m a therapist and my patient is going be the next school shooter’ the other day oh my god, it was so bad. Luckily it was only 120 pages bc I would have DNF if not. Poorly written and ridiculous. The reviews were mixed but the premise was right up my street but nope.

I’ve moved onto Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult as I read a load of her books as a teen and liked them but this one feels a bit slow going.

is Savign Noah by Lucinda Berry? Was gonna add it to my list but there’s a few

I read ‘I’m a therapist and my patient is going be the next school shooter’ the other day oh my god, it was so bad. Luckily it was only 120 pages bc I would have DNF if not. Poorly written and ridiculous. The reviews were mixed but the premise was right up my street but nope.

I’ve moved onto Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult as I read a load of her books as a teen and liked them but this one feels a bit slow going.

is Savign Noah by Lucinda Berry? Was gonna add it to my list but there’s a few
I absolutely loved all the I’m A Therapist… series. I was gripped by each one as they were so bizarre but can totally see why someone wouldn’t like them.

Saving Noah is Lucinda Berry - or at least the one I read was, highly recommend it!

• Heart
I absolutely loved all the I’m A Therapist… series. I was gripped by each one as they were so bizarre but can totally see why someone wouldn’t like them.

Saving Noah is Lucinda Berry - or at least the one I read was, highly recommend it!
Ahhh maybe I just went in expecting something different, it just wasn’t for me at all.

I will add to my list, thank you! 😊

Reactions: 1
Charity shop not far from me does 2 for £1 offers. Got Death of a Book Seller and Shiver. Both in really good condition too!

Reactions: 4
Charity shop not far from me does 2 for £1 offers. Got Death of a Book Seller and Shiver. Both in really good condition too!
Community hubs sell books cheaply at 30p to 50p each. My stepmum comes home with loads! Then she takes them back to be resold after she's read them.

• Heart
I've just finished 'Romantic Comedy' by Curtis Sittenfeld. A resounding disappointment, I thought the main character was pretty awful and a lot was set during Covid (I don't enjoy pandemic reading). Didn't think it was romantic or a comedy particularly.

• Sad
I've just finished 'Romantic Comedy' by Curtis Sittenfeld. A resounding disappointment, I thought the main character was pretty awful and a lot was set during Covid (I don't enjoy pandemic reading). Didn't think it was romantic or a comedy particularly.
It was the only book I ever returned on kindle, I was so annoyed that I paid a tenner for it at the time 🤣

my feelings too and i love curtis sittenfeld. the stuff about working on the saturday night live style show was interesting but i just thought the lead couple were not compatible in any way and that neverending description of her drive across state…. like you say, not romantic or funny really.

Oh I really enjoyed it! But according to this thread and on Goodreads I’m in the minority!😂

• Haha
Loved reading in the sun today. ☀ 🍷 Didn’t love dropping my kindle face down, with the cover open, on gravel 😭😭 It still works but there are 2 quite big scratches on the screen.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
Oh I really enjoyed it! But according to this thread and on Goodreads I’m in the minority!😂
I really liked it too! Not as good as American Wife, but a good read all the same. She seems a very hit and miss author as I DNF Eligible.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.