Baby Reindeer Netflix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Theres a 10 min behind the scenes video on RGs website where he talks about the show and about real life. He described it as “real life” and “autobiographical”. Worth a watch as answered some of the questions I had surrounding how much of it was real.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
If Janey Godley and Susan Boyle fell in a large blender I feel that Martha/Fiona could be the output
I'm pretty sure I saw a twitter exchange between Fiona and Janey Godley when I was scrolling down her page. It could have been a fever dream though, this whole thing FEELS like a fever dream atm!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I'm pretty sure I saw a twitter exchange between Fiona and Janey Godley when I was scrolling down her page. It could have been a fever dream though, this whole thing FEELS like a fever dream atm!
Yes, more like a complete nightmare. Sometimes I feel like I have woken up in a parallel universe.

Reactions: 2
I watched the series last week and hadn't finished the very ending so only just watched the last 10 minutes and I've changed my mind about wee crazy Fiona!
Why aren't we witchhunting her parents!

Reactions: 3
Just quoting myself here (as you do) as this was posted when this was a whiter than white, virginal thread with the purest of sentiment. :LOL:

I'm equally fascinated and horrified by all that's transpired. I posted the above straight after watching it and I still feel the same way. I think it's a remarkable series, I really do.
However, I find GD enacting his rape and sexual abuse as deeply disturbing however and I know there is no real template for how a person responds to trauma but I find it a little difficult to fully understand.

I've been watching NH's social media and am feeling really conflicted. I'm very much among the popcorn eating public in being so curious as to who she is, how closely she aligns with Martha and her batshit updates but I also feel really sorry for her. Part of me has little sympathy and I think she's just a vile, destructive, xenophobic person who spews bile and hatred but it is also clearly evident that she is so unwell. She has zero impulse control which can be indicative of serious psychiatric illness and while she may thrive to some degree on this level of attention, she is clearly not in possession of all her faculties.

I'm wondering in retrospect whether this was a Folie à deux and we have two people, both unwell, who had a really toxic codependency and it has been well and truly exploited by one party. I shall not watch it again as I though it was brilliant and took it at face value but I now question so much about it. I am not sure how real RD is but I think Martha is her truly authentic, deeply unwell self. Not judging anyone here incidentally! Am checking on her social media every fifteen minutes as, like I said, it's all so fascinating and horrifying in equal measure.
I've always thought SM was very undignified when someone was in the depths of mental illness. I've know someone from school who developed schizophrenia as a teen , you can tell when they are getting poorly cause they start ranting , posting loads of selfies . It's really sad and feels like an intrusion. I always mute them when it starts. I also think it was a Folie à deux , RG enjoyed the encounters, he admits he was addicted to the toxicity and having someone obsessed with him. He only stopped it when she started contacting his family.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
View attachment 2899632

Eeeeek... She's on one tonight !! Seems to have very much shifted her focus to him and the show. It feels like it's escalating quickly. Feels odd that RG is just posting happily about the show on IG. Not sure where this is going to end, but doesn't feel good
Why does she type so weirdly, with the dropped lines? Maybe it's a poetry thing. Whichever, it's happening in her own mind.

Reactions: 6
Why does she type so weirdly, with the dropped lines? Maybe it's a poetry thing. Whichever, it's happening in her own mind.
Fat fingers combined with frantic typing. I don’t even mean that with shade. The space bar is usually next to return on phones which starts a new line.

Reactions: 11
Yes, more like a complete nightmare. Sometimes I feel like I have woken up in a parallel universe.
Me too. I've never watched the show and am only aware of it because a family member asked me if I could consult my sources (tattle 😂) and get her the Goss. So, here I am a week later invested. I tell ye, the Google holes I've gone down 😅.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I've always thought SM was very undignified when someone was in the depths of mental illness. I've know someone from school who developed schizophrenia as a teen , you can tell when they are getting poorly cause they start ranting , posting loads of selfies . It's really sad and feels like an intrusion. I always mute them when it starts. I also think it was a Folie à deux , RG enjoyed the encounters, he admits he was addicted to the toxicity and having someone obsessed with him. He only stopped it when she started contacting his family.
This. I’ve a younger family member who is schizophrenic and it’s very obvious when he’s becoming poorly as he often posts about God and doesn’t make sense, posts excessive rants, paranoia etc. On his good days he barely posts on SM, you’d forget he was on it. His “friends” would laugh react his posts in the beginning and egg him on so they could laugh at his expense, and others would be offended by some of the things he’d say, but I think now most people who know him and care about him can recognise it for what it is and that it’s not him but his illness. It’s actually horrible to witness. I do wonder if she’s ever been diagnosed with any MH condition or if she’s just been left to her own devices. I don’t think it’s right if people are egging her on.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
This. I’ve a younger family member who is schizophrenic and it’s very obvious when he’s becoming poorly as he often posts about God and doesn’t make sense, posts excessive rants, paranoia etc. On his good days he barely posts on SM, you’d forget he was on it. His “friends” would laugh react his posts in the beginning and egg him on so they could laugh at his expense, and others would be offended by some of the things he’d say, but I think now most people who know him and care about him can recognise it for what it is and that it’s not him but his illness. It’s actually horrible to witness. I do wonder if she’s ever been diagnosed with any MH condition or if she’s just been left to her own devices. I don’t think it’s right if people are egging her on.
I believe she will have been assessed due to having gone through the court system at least twice.

Reactions: 7
It’s one thing to read her posts, it’s another to keep engaging with her. The irony that she’s asked people to leave her alone and they wont.

It’s one thing to read her posts, it’s another to keep engaging with her. The irony that she’s asked people to leave her alone and they wont.
Who is engaging with her though? No one can comment and apparently her DMs are unaccessible. An emoji really doesn’t count as contact imo.

Can you come back and tell us what you thought? It’s really interesting that you have been exposed to this the other way around so I’m really intrigued!

OK, I have now read 38 pages and I only came on the thread to see if people rated the show as I hadn't much to watch tonight. I will be watching it,.but won't know what to believe after reading this thread.
Wish me luck, at least I am prepared for episode 4.

Who is engaging with her though? No one can comment and apparently her DMs are unaccessible. An emoji really doesn’t count as contact imo.
It’s enough for her to know she has an audience who are egging her on and she is blocking those people so obviously bothered. Not sure i believe she cant read DMs, if she really cant, she at least knows she’s receiving them. People are also tweeting her.

Last edited:
It’s enough for her to know she has an audience who are egging her on and she is blocking those people so obviously bothered. Not sure i believe she cant read DMs. People are also tweeting her.
I've stopped looking she obviously has serious mental illness. You can be unpleasant and mentally ill look at what Kanye says when he's in mania. This is probably feeding into the delusions and she will 100000 percent start trying to contact RG again. Netflix have failed in their duty of care , it could have had as much impact if they changed the details.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
As someone who has a family member in a High security MH hospital, her timings on posts are like med schedules, when she's due meds she can/t spell right and vice versa. Rants when meds kick in bet she dont even remember half the posts, Also the phone, my family member can't have any Internet but could few yrs ago which was restricted like her page, they were similar to this with postings and someone shared a post of therea and sure all hell broke loose on ward so they took Internet away then.

That said I don't belive she in a hospital but is million% under state care, you can tell with all the posts about council/removal company employed by council etc. It's few yrs since I lived in London but it definitely seems to me she would have a carer, social worker etc she will have been found out wherever she was living previous to the SM been found so they moved her, that or they moved her on release knowing she'd be found out.

I definitely look at it differently than when I forst watched and there few things I threw around my head that People done here too, the idea its been a social exp is huge one for me but I asked 3 ppl today and they don't remember what I'm talking about... there was an app/game few years back of a story and each day you'd get diff clue to reveal next part it was some type interactive story/game not for life me can I think of the name and no1 remembers but the tweets and all def could be in the making since way back, remember writers have stories for years that don't see paper, they do half one and go back etc etc

Whatever it is or isn't I'm.not sure I'll ever be quiet over it 🤣🤣 but tv vs real life these days is not how used to be, this type thing we'd pay ta go see in cinema few yrs ago now its happening down the road 🤣🤣🤣

If anyone comes across a physiological look at it anywhere please share.
---
As someone who has a family member in a High security MH hospital, her timings on posts are like med schedules, when she's due meds she can/t spell right and vice versa. Rants when meds kick in bet she dont even remember half the posts, Also the phone, my family member can't have any Internet but could few yrs ago which was restricted like her page, they were similar to this with postings and someone shared a post of therea and sure all hell broke loose on ward so they took Internet away then.

That said I don't belive she in a hospital but is million% under state care, you can tell with all the posts about council/removal company employed by council etc. It's few yrs since I lived in London but it definitely seems to me she would have a carer, social worker etc she will have been found out wherever she was living previous to the SM been found so they moved her, that or they moved her on release knowing she'd be found out.

I definitely look at it differently than when I forst watched and there few things I threw around my head that People done here too, the idea its been a social exp is huge one for me but I asked 3 ppl today and they don't remember what I'm talking about... there was an app/game few years back of a story and each day you'd get diff clue to reveal next part it was some type interactive story/game not for life me can I think of the name and no1 remembers but the tweets and all def could be in the making since way back, remember writers have stories for years that don't see paper, they do half one and go back etc etc

Whatever it is or isn't I'm.not sure I'll ever be quiet over it 🤣🤣 but tv vs real life these days is not how used to be, this type thing we'd pay ta go see in cinema few yrs ago now its happening down the road 🤣🤣🤣

If anyone comes across a physiological look at it anywhere please share.
Eta..I bet she's a hoarder like off the american show 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 4
Victims of stalking don’t hunch over photos of their tormentors wanking, either. Sorry. They don’t.
I’m not so sure about that. Some victims of SA ‘fantasise’ about SA. Perhaps fantasise isn’t the right word but I can’t think of the right way to say it.
It seems counterintuitive but I believe for some it’s a way of safely working through what happened, they have the control. Similarly some victims become very promiscuous. That’s certainly what I did at a time. It was my way of regaining control. Not healthy but at the time, it’s what happened. Humans are complex so who knows maybe he did wank over his stalker

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.