Baby Reindeer Netflix #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Because she is the abuser in this situation. It's like allowing a convicted grapist the opportunity to share their side of the story, its wrong. No matter what she says, he will always be the victim of her crime.
And she wants to inflict further pain on him and other victims by casting doubts over what they said about her - so basically the same thing that’s being done to all kinds of victims and which makes them scared to come forward. Awful.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I'm not disputing that.
She is entitled to tell her story though. She shouldn't be censored.
I just think we shouldn't be giving platforms to abusers in this way. It's not entertainment. We're all entitled to an opinion though of course, I just think it's wrong.

Reactions: 25
Won’t lie, I’m curious to see what she’s like away from FB. How she presents herself etc. I don’t think I could believe a word she says though, she talks so much shite in her rants. I think if she is mentally ill, she shouldn’t be on a chat show, she should be getting help. It’s only going to fuel her delusions further giving her another platform.

Reactions: 19
I just think we shouldn't be giving platforms to abusers in this way. It's not entertainment. We're all entitled to an opinion though of course, I just think it's wrong.
But who decides what's entertaining or not?
I'll be glued to it! I am fascinated to see what she says
---
I mean if her homophobic, racist and hateful views she’s posted on fb are anything to go by then she definitely should be censored.
I mean not censored in the way that I do think she should be allowed give her side of things

There would be an absolute uproar if it was a man that had stalked a woman and getting air time.
But because she’s a woman it’s deemed as entertainment. Giving her this platform will encourage her fairytale belief she hasn’t done anything wrong

• Heart
Reactions: 34
There would be an absolute uproar if it was a man that had stalked a woman and getting air time.
But because she’s a woman it’s deemed as entertainment. Giving her this platform will encourage her fairytale belief she hasn’t done anything wrong
Completely agree. Sadly a lot of people don't believe Gadd or are unsympathetic because they just don't like him. I just hope that by platforming her she proves the doubters wrong with her own words.

Reactions: 20
I don’t think anything that comes out of her mouth will be truthful anyway so whatever story she spins, it won’t be genuine. Just a way for her to try and manipulate the situation and gain sympathy

Reactions: 9
Regardless - we will all watch the interview and voice opinions on it.
I am interested to hear what she has to say
You’re right, people don’t have to watch it but they will. Even those of us who don’t necessarily agree with her being given the time of day.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.