Australian Pop Culture and Influencer Podcasts #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like she's quite narcissistic- maybe from having such a troubled childhood. She really thinks she's something. Huge ego mixed with crippling insecurities. Jacob was truly divine and honestly was the far better host. He was just lovely.
I started listening when Jacob was hosting and loved it, I was so confused when she came back. And the annoying breaking nooz which so many hated and she thought was hilarious 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 6
Anyone else finding Shameless hard to listen to again? The constant laughing and snorting non stop is really off putting.

Reactions: 12
Anyone else finding Shameless hard to listen to again? The constant laughing and snorting non stop is really off putting.
It’s so dumb! The most recent episode even they admitted wasn’t very interesting, just a boring listen. I listen if my podcasts are low and I’m at the gym, but I certainly don’t look forward to it. My biggest thing is I can’t stand Zahhh-rahhh’s faux posh accent

Reactions: 12
I can’t find it now but one of the news sites posted on Instagram today about the government reducing HECS debt by wiping the indexation. A person commented that she barely scraped by last year, to get ahead and reduce her debt to avoid the increase, and now what does the reduction mean for her. In chimes patronising Vicky D lecturing this person (and others) about how it’s a “privilege” that they were able to pay off the extra. So the girl doubled down and was like “no I really struggled last year to make ends meet” and Vicky doubles down AGAIN about this girls “privilege” and “I never meant to be rude with my words so I’m sorry if you took it that way” 😡 no Victoria, choosing between uni fees and FOOD is not a privilege. I can’t stand when the rich lecture the poor about “there’s always someone worse off”. I wish I could find it because I have been thinking about it all day 😡

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 24
I can’t find it now but one of the news sites posted on Instagram today about the government reducing HECS debt by wiping the indexation. A person commented that she barely scraped by last year, to get ahead and reduce her debt to avoid the increase, and now what does the reduction mean for her. In chimes patronising Vicky D lecturing this person (and others) about how it’s a “privilege” that they were able to pay off the extra. So the girl doubled down and was like “no I really struggled last year to make ends meet” and Vicky doubles down AGAIN about this girls “privilege” and “I never meant to be rude with my words so I’m sorry if you took it that way” 😡 no Victoria, choosing between uni fees and FOOD is not a privilege. I can’t stand when the rich lecture the poor about “there’s always someone worse off”. I wish I could find it because I have been thinking about it all day 😡
I saw it too, it was thedailyaus wasn’t it?!

Reactions: 1
Yes! Thank you. I just re-read and realised I have conflated a few people’s comments into my summary above
She’s such a condescending witch! Go and look after Harvey Weinstein instead of lecturing people on Instagram.
ONE HUNDRED PERCENT! (I’m Michelle with no other response to anything)

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Came here to post about how bad the shameless podcast was this week. They have really started phoning it in. Ffs girls, don’t do it anymore if it sis such a drag.

Reactions: 8
What is with Shameless putting up the Your Say Friday question box and never answering it? They’ve done that for the last 3 weeks.

Reactions: 11
Shameless sucksss now. They’ve spread themselves too thin by making all these random podcasts like “The Tastemakers.” wtf even if that podcast?? I’ve never listened because I’m so confused what’s it’s meant to be about

Reactions: 9
Shameless sucksss now. They’ve spread themselves too thin by making all these random podcasts like “The Tastemakers.” wtf even if that podcast?? I’ve never listened because I’m so confused what’s it’s meant to be about
This. Their other podcasts aren't great- 'everybody has a secret' had potential but what was with those stupid pranks?
I think they expanded too fast and will struggle to stay relevant.

Reactions: 8
I was interested in the bookclub one but it's barely about books? They've shoved Tastemakers into it and tv/movie reviews?
Agree that they've taken on too much and should focus on the main podcast because I do enjoy it.

Reactions: 5
Again, READ THE bleeping ROOM.

Victoria Devine's very own followers are struggling with the cost of living and she feels the need once again to showboat her wealth!

I am not mad because I'm envious, nor do I think hard work shouldn't go unrewarded, but have some consideration for others when you flaunt your wealth but then talk about how expensive life is!

Attachments

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I find VD’s content including her husband so much quite strange. He always looks quietly unhappy when she shows him cooking the Marley Spoon #ad in his trackies and ughs.

Reactions: 10
shameless's new podcast style-ish launches today. they're looking to discuss affordable pieces. glad to see with the cost of living, they did a tiktok promoting a $319 coat. to some people, that's their family food budget for the week

Reactions: 10
shameless's new podcast style-ish launches today. they're looking to discuss affordable pieces. glad to see with the cost of living, they did a tiktok promoting a $319 coat. to some people, that's their family food budget for the week
Zara selling her bedspread/lampshade/cushion/curtains/couch cover top, for $750 begs to differ 🙄🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 7