True Ghost Stories #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just discovered there's a new Uncanny podcast out, listening to episode 1 now, it's in the USA

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I've got a small story although I don't know if I can say specifically it's a "ghost" story.
Last year I was having a really tough time with my mental health. Ended up seeing a psychiatrist who helped me go through some issues but I was in a really bad place mentally. Plus had some physical issues, including an absolute draining tiredness all the time, and some pains I couldn't explain but brushed off. Kept seeing GP but never got anywhere.
I started seeing a person out of the corner of my eye. It got more and more frequent, they would constantly be there and I'd be turning round all the time thinking it was one of my children.
Got to November time and I realised I had a very obvious change to one of my breasts. Ended up being diagnosed with breast cancer. A couple of days before my diagnosis I was driving my car alone and looked up to see someone in my rear view mirror, a clear and distinctive person. They vanished when I looked away.
Since the diagnosis whoever it was has stopped visiting me.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I've got a small story although I don't know if I can say specifically it's a "ghost" story.
Last year I was having a really tough time with my mental health. Ended up seeing a psychiatrist who helped me go through some issues but I was in a really bad place mentally. Plus had some physical issues, including an absolute draining tiredness all the time, and some pains I couldn't explain but brushed off. Kept seeing GP but never got anywhere.
I started seeing a person out of the corner of my eye. It got more and more frequent, they would constantly be there and I'd be turning round all the time thinking it was one of my children.
Got to November time and I realised I had a very obvious change to one of my breasts. Ended up being diagnosed with breast cancer. A couple of days before my diagnosis I was driving my car alone and looked up to see someone in my rear view mirror, a clear and distinctive person. They vanished when I looked away.
Sending so much love, I hope you are feeling better and are on the right track with treatment for your breast cancer. I definitely think that was someone guarding you, keeping an eye on you until you got seen

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I hope you are doing well.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Ok so this is probably nothing but as I was brushing my teeth tonight I heard a really weird ‘haha’ from outside. It sounded distant but close if that makes sense?! Most likely kids outside somewhere but when I’ve been reading spooky stuff I have to admit I got creeped out 🤣

Reactions: 7
I was at the theatre yesterday watching Chitty Bang Bang. We had tickets in the centre of the front row, and at one point in the show I felt something land on my head; I immediately put my hand on my head, but there was nothing there and my hair felt normal and dry. The Circle and Boxes were too far away for anything to have been dropped on me, and it fell directly on to the top of my head.

Reactions: 5
I was at the theatre yesterday watching Chitty Bang Bang. We had tickets in the centre of the front row, and at one point in the show I felt something land on my head; I immediately put my hand on my head, but there was nothing there and my hair felt normal and dry. The Circle and Boxes were too far away for anything to have been dropped on me, and it fell directly on to the top of my head.
Was it at the Mayflower? I was always told it was haunted when I was a kid.

Reactions: 2
Yes, it was 😊
---
I love the Mayflower, I think it's a lovely theatre. What have you heard about it being haunted?
One of the stories was about a ballerina being killed when her tutu/costume brushed against a hot lamp and set light to her clothes :( . My Grandmother and Mum told me that one, she was supposed to haunt the backstage area. I did try to research it years ago and certainly didn't find any confirmation.

There was another about a young actor being accidently killed onstage during a fight scene. I know that DID happen but in another theatre.

So I think a lot of tragedies/hauntings that are reported in other places get repeated over the years and being passed down the generations probably end up being told like they happened in local theatres.

It would be interesting to know if the local ghost tours have visited there.

I always feel ill at ease there, that's for sure and the higher up you go, the worse I always felt.

I am now limited to the ground floor because of my mobility. but even as a child going to see a Disney film or panto there (it was The Gaumont then) but I always felt like I needed to keep checking behind me and hated the narrow corridors to get to the Ladies which always scared me.

Reactions: 5
One of the stories was about a ballerina being killed when her tutu/costume brushed against a hot lamp and set light to her clothes :( . My Grandmother and Mum told me that one, she was supposed to haunt the backstage area. I did try to research it years ago and certainly didn't find any confirmation.

There was another about a young actor being accidently killed onstage during a fight scene. I know that DID happen but in another theatre.

So I think a lot of tragedies/hauntings that are reported in other places get repeated over the years and being passed down the generations probably end up being told like they happened in local theatres.

It would be interesting to know if the local ghost tours have visited there.

I always feel ill at ease there, that's for sure and the higher up you go, the worse I always felt.

I am now limited to the ground floor because of my mobility. but even as a child going to see a Disney film or panto there (it was The Gaumont then) but I always felt like I needed to keep checking behind me and hated the narrow corridors to get to the Ladies which always scared me.
I'm the same as you nowadays with my mobility, so we always sit in the Stalls. The Mayflower does have a different type of atmosphere the higher up you go though, especially in the Gods.

Reactions: 2
I find theatres a bit creepy, especially the West End ones and others that still have the plaster ornate boxes either side of the stage. I was in a theatre in Portsmouth recently and the old decor looked a bit shabby, clearly vintage, and I started thinking of all the plays and music performances that would have happened over at least 100 years and it made me feel a bit creeped out. Maybe because it looked worn and it was a bit small so felt claustophobic.

Reactions: 11
I'm the same as you nowadays with my mobility, so we always sit in the Stalls. The Mayflower does have a different type of atmosphere the higher up you go though, especially in the Gods.
My most memorable memory from there (again when it was The Gaumont) was back in about 1973 when I went to my 1st live concert there...it was Slade.

They were famous for their "stomping" in platform heels, a friend and I were in the stalls when the band stopped playing and just pointed up to the balcony...it was literally bouncing up and down from all the Slade stompers!

I never felt safe sitting up there again after that :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I'm enjoying this book atm it's true ghost stories if anyone's looking for something to read
Ohh thanks for the recommendation. It’s free on kindle unlimited if anyone has it, I’ve just downloaded it.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
My most memorable memory from there (again when it was The Gaumont) was back in about 1973 when I went to my 1st live concert there...it was Slade.

They were famous for their "stomping" in platform heels, a friend and I were in the stalls when the band stopped playing and just pointed up to the balcony...it was literally bouncing up and down from all the Slade stompers!

I never felt safe sitting up there again after that :ROFLMAO:
With Thin Lizzy and Suzi Quattro as support? I saw them in Bournemouth at the Winter Gardens 😊

Did the Mayflower have an atmosphere when it was the Gaumont, or had it been since the name change and refurb?

Reactions: 4
With Thin Lizzy and Suzi Quattro as support? I saw them in Bournemouth at the Winter Gardens 😊

Did the Mayflower have an atmosphere when it was the Gaumont, or had it been since the name change and refurb?
The Thin Lizzy/Suzi Quatro support was in 1972 (I had to look it up) but it wasn't them.

I remember seeing Joan Armatrading being a support act to Supertramp but not who supported Slade :unsure:

I always thought it was spooky there when I was a child in the 60's so a long time before the refurb.

I say spooky but really it was more a sense of unease. I always felt I needed to check behind me and always felt like I had to be ready to run out...

I was there last year to see The Osmond Story (don't judge me :ROFLMAO:) and I didn't want to switch my wheelchair power off in case I needed to make a quick get away, so odd :rolleyes:

I never feel like that in other theatres and cinemas.

I have had odd experiences in other places but just silly things.

Reactions: 6