Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hate saying that this thread gives me a sort of ‘comfort’ knowing I’m not alone but it also boils my piss because why should we have to live like this and put up with crappy neighbours?

Ours had been ‘good’ for a few weeks but now it’s as if there’s a telly and a couple of very loud men shouting at each other in our cupboard under the stairs. Their telly is so loud ours has to be on at least volume 25 to attempt to drown theirs out. Then of course Sunday night at 8pm is the best time to start digging trees up because they haven’t had all day to do that 🙄🤬

I hate wishing for rain because I love the summer but honestly when it’s sunny they’re out til stupid o clock with a 6 and 2 year old (ffs) throwing empty paint tins around their decking (why??) and it’s right underneath my toddlers bedroom window 🥺

Feel like I’m so tuned into their noise now the slightest thing sets me off. We have sold our house and I can’t wait to move but I gave birth to my son in this living room and I am so angry that they have moved in and driven us out. We aren’t moving local either, moving to a new city nearer family so I won’t have my friends or a job either.

I cannot wait for my revenge!!
I used to think this when I moved away from nasty neighbours, but in the end I walked away, moved out and left it to karma - not easy I know 😂
---
I'm so with you on a few of your points here. Why and how do they get away with it? I also want it to rain because it means they keep their balcony door shut and I can't smell them.

Yesterday evening, they had their balcony door open and they were having loud sex. Another neighbour was outside doing some gardening and was chatting to another neighbour. It's disgusting. They were stinking the place out with the smell of weed too.
Total exhibitionists that love others listening to them! I think weed smokers must think that others can’t smell it or don’t care? I can smell it when people have it on them when I’m out shopping 😷

Reactions: 4
Some e-number child on our road crashed his scooter in to a neighbours car the other day and the mum just walked off after checking. He’s just deliberately kicked his shoe off and hit mine as she watched ffs. Dragged up. Then he pointed to my camera as they walked the shop, came back and finished a bag of those bangers outside my house and threw the wrapper as she walks ahead 😡 he’s about 6 years old. Really not in the mood for this. I’ve had two drivers damage my old car and obviously protective over this one.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
I used to think this when I moved away from nasty neighbours, but in the end I walked away, moved out and left it to karma - not easy I know 😂
---

Total exhibitionists that love others listening to them! I think weed smokers must think that others can’t smell it or don’t care? I can smell it when people have it on them when I’m out shopping 😷
Weed has got alot more stronger smelling in the last few years I think. And it lingers alot longer than cigarette smoke.

Reactions: 6
I’m really sick of taking in packages. I don’t mind the odd one that’s small but I’ve just taken in the biggest, heaviest box. It’s a piece of flat pack furniture and I’m 13 weeks pregnant so don’t really want to be moving heavy boxes around so it’s now stuck in the hallway 🙃

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I’m really sick of taking in packages. I don’t mind the odd one that’s small but I’ve just taken in the biggest, heaviest box. It’s a piece of flat pack furniture and I’m 13 weeks pregnant so don’t really want to be moving heavy boxes around so it’s now stuck in the hallway 🙃
I’ve got a sign on my door saying no 🤣. They never come to collect, I’m constantly answering the door to delivery drivers while trying to work, and I even got abuse from one neighbour for taking her parcel when I had no right to!! And then on one very rare occasion when I had to go out, there was loads of people home and everyone refused to take mine. So I got a sign 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 10
I get that people like their garden but one of our neighbours is out there cutting his grass all the time. We've been busy doing an interior job but our immediate neighbour was sitting out enjoying the sun and he started up with his almost industrial petrol strimmer. She got up and went indoors looking disgusted. It stumps me that he has anything to strim given that when hes not mowing the lawn he is strimming.
Hes gone quiet for a few days but I can almost guarantee he will be at it again Saturday.

• Wow
I get that people like their garden but one of our neighbours is out there cutting his grass all the time. We've been busy doing an interior job but our immediate neighbour was sitting out enjoying the sun and he started up with his almost industrial petrol strimmer. She got up and went indoors looking disgusted. It stumps me that he has anything to strim given that when hes not mowing the lawn he is strimming.
Hes gone quiet for a few days but I can almost guarantee he will be at it again Saturday.
I don’t understand the obsession myself. Our neighbours are the same. Some only have a tiny patch of grass but seem to strim/mow it multiple times a week 😬 how is there anything left to cut?! The same with chainsaws and hedge trimmers… we let ours go a bit because it’s peak wildlife time but everyone else around us seems hell bent on cutting everything to within an inch of its life! It’s all I hear all day long WFH. When one finally stops another starts!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I don’t understand the obsession myself. Our neighbours are the same. Some only have a tiny patch of grass but seem to strim/mow it multiple times a week 😬 how is there anything left to cut?! The same with chainsaws and hedge trimmers… we let ours go a bit because it’s peak wildlife time but everyone else around us seems hell bent on cutting everything to within an inch of its life! It’s all I hear all day long WFH. When one finally stops another starts!
Yeah well he seemed to kill his hedge probably from cutting it too far back and had someone rip it out and put new fence up. So hes an avid gardener but not necessarily a good one lol

• Haha
  • Wow
We’ve got a serial strimmer as well as a serial jet washer. Every weekend for hours on end. How? And why??

Reactions: 3
My neighbour is a teacher and starts strimming after he finishes work at 3.20pm. I work from home normal office hours and it really interrupts my work day.

• Sad
  • Angry
6:30AM this morning the business behind my house started cutting and strimming their grass.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Well I got it wrong. He didnt mow his lawn today he mowed it yesterday afternoon instead. Hes such a w anchor his family is around (adults) and he is on his own picking weeds out his path instead of mixing.

Call me an old curmudgeon but why are little sounding kids up laughing and squealing loudly at nearly 1am. It’s normally teenage gamer head shouting at this time that his game playing friend is a <slur>

Reactions: 9
My neighbours are awful, loud music (they have a mahoosive speaker in the garden right against our side of the fence) kids screaming (who don't even live there) about 10 grandchildren running around screaming till 12.30am 😣 constant peeking over our fence and putting the music on louder when they see us sitting there, smoking weed till all hours every day/night. we complained 4-5 times and absolutely nothing has been done. They have their dogs in cages in the house too, stuck in one cage (there's 5 dogs) they are barking/crying all night too. We reported it to RSPCA but they were warned in advance they'd be getting visit?! I didn't even know that was a thing? So they obviously moved them out and made it look like they have proper beds.
I recently had a miscarriage and I'm trying to grieve properly but I'm finding it hard when I can't get a minutes silence. I also have PTSD so my senses are heightened anyway. I just don't know what else to do.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21